Portland, Oregon

theanticitizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By theanticitizen

So I replied to a couple comments on the Gone Home trailer page and had some pretty fun banter about Portland and the 90's and one user sent me a link to the Portlandia "Dream of the 90's" video and it always makes me smile because Portlandia is shockingly accurate in it's depiction of P-Town. It just made me smile a laugh a little just thinking about it. I love Portland and Oregon :D

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Why are white people obsessed with Portland?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Animasta

Funnily enough I am moving to portland in 3 days

@psylah: liberal 20 somethings love liberal towns. Also bike friendly, eco friendly and shit

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animasta: Also tree friendly.

Also tree friendly.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psylah said:

Why are white people obsessed with Portland?

Because it's weird.

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By casper_

had a good music scene in 90s too

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7  Edited By JasonR86

I can't stand Oregon. Well, I can't stand the parts of Oregon I've been to. They remind me of the parts of Washington I try to avoid. Like the areas with the tree-hugging sum'bitches.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

@jasonr86 said:

I can't stand Oregon. Well, I can't stand the parts of Oregon I've been to. They remind me of the parts of Washington I try to avoid. Like the areas with the tree-hugging sum'bitches.

I'm offended.

Portland's cool, yo.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JasonR86

@jasonr86 said:

I'm offended.

Portland's cool, yo.

I've grown up in Washington and have grown to hate people who represent the type of people people think of when they think of Portland. I call them tree-huggers but they could be hippies, jack-asses, pretentious, 'spunky', obnoxious, 'weird', blah blah fucking blah. They don't realize how fucking fake they look. They're buying into an image that they think is unique but it fucking isn't at all unique. Their the idiots who drive hybrids or bio-diesel cars with back-ends filled top to bottom with bumper stickers that are supposed to represent their free-spirit unaware or just deciding to ignore the fact that these stickers preaching their individuality have been mass-produced and thousands upon thousands of like-minded fucks have these stickers on their shitty cars too.

...I'm kind of irrational on this topic.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also tree friendly.

Portland doesn't have that many trees.

You want to see a shit load of trees you go to Eugene.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonr86 said:

@jjweatherman said:

@jasonr86 said:

I'm offended.

Portland's cool, yo.

I've grown up in Washington and have grown to hate people who represent the type of people people think of when they think of Portland. I call them tree-huggers but they could be hippies, jack-asses, pretentious, 'spunky', obnoxious, 'weird', blah blah fucking blah. They don't realize how fucking fake they look. They're buying into an image that they think is unique but it fucking isn't at all unique. Their the idiots who drive hybrids or bio-diesel cars with back-ends filled top to bottom with bumper stickers that are supposed to represent their free-spirit unaware or just deciding to ignore the fact that these stickers preaching their individuality have been mass-produced and thousands upon thousands of like-minded fucks have these stickers on their shitty cars too.

Haha. Maybe a bit irrational. I've always thought of Oregon and Washington as being pretty similar. Portland and Seattle aren't too different. We Northwestern states need to stick together!

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Animasta
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JJWeatherman
Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animasta said:

@subjugation said:

Also tree friendly.

Lived in the area for two years. Pot everywhere, and the occasional nude parade.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Barrock

@jasonr86 said:

@jjweatherman said:

@jasonr86 said:

I'm offended.

Portland's cool, yo.

You could live in the South... replace those people with assholes who are racist. :(

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Animasta

@animasta said:

@subjugation said:

Also tree friendly.

Lived in the area for two years. Pot everywhere, and the occasional nude parade.

I was more referring to the actual trees.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@barrock said:

@jasonr86 said:

@jjweatherman said:

@jasonr86 said:

I'm offended.

Portland's cool, yo.

You could live in the South... replace those people with assholes who are racist. :(

Yep. The issue is that I've just been around them too much for too long. Every person in every state, country, whatever probably has a subset of people who would fit the idiotic-rant-based paragraph I wrote above.

...I still hate them though.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Animasta
JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animasta said:

@jasonr86: awww, but I like you :(

Awwwwww.

Well, to be fair, I don't know you to be that sort of person I'm talking about. I see you as you and not some forced, pseudo-"individual" who is dying to be recognized as a free-spirit. You're just you. And you're pretty neat. And not a phony, lame, "please everyone pay attention to me" not-unique but trying so hard to be unique fraud.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By FourWude

I heard there's lot of white nationalists and weird lodge/occult people in the pacific northwest.

Can someone confirm or deny this.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JasonR86

@fourwude said:

I heard there's lot of white nationalists and weird lodge/occult people in the pacific northwest.

Can someone confirm or deny this.

Just a lot of the people I described above. And me. And meth and weed.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I love Portland. I've lived in Oregon my entire life. It's great here.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animasta said:

@subjugation said:

@animasta said:

@subjugation said:

Also tree friendly.

I was more referring to the actual trees.

That too. Greenest place I've ever seen. But seriously, a ton of potheads there.