Question about a camera lense.

TH3R1S1NG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TH3R1S1NG
Hey can any of you that know cameras tell me what this lense is? I found it in my camera bag from my dad and it attaches to a T Mount Adapter for this Minolta, my friend and I think it may be for macro photography but thats a guess and google was no help. Thank you in advance!
Hey can any of you that know cameras tell me what this lense is? I found it in my camera bag from my dad and it attaches to a T Mount Adapter for this Minolta, my friend and I think it may be for macro photography but thats a guess and google was no help. Thank you in advance!
Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Ravenlight

That's a shotgun "silencer." It doesn't really silence the shot, but amplifies it in a way that makes it difficult to tell where the sound came from. You'll typically see these in outdoors environments where the enemy could be in any direction.

In dense jungle environments, the "silencer" may be omitted if a sawed-off style shotgun used. The short barrel of a sawed-off keeps the weapon's form factor small and avoids snagging the barrel on flora.