Read the hands on for the nexus 4 at gizmodo...he was freaking out about the LTE thing, but i dont really care (am i the minority)...original quote below

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By super2j

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By super2j

"how much of a pain it was to make international LTE versions of the Galaxy Nexus, claiming that LTE wasn’t a big deal to most people outside of “us techies,” and pointing to other purportedly cool features of the 4 like wireless charging. Right. This is a giant letdown, and a baffling oversight. Unless you live in a rural area or just don’t care about mobile data (who are you?)"

it was the "Who are you?" comment that bothered me. I consider myself a techie. I dont buy all the new stuff but i keep track of it all. I dont care about data, at least not in its present form. I understand i am missing out on cool features and I would love the ability but the cost of it is too high. I plan on getting this super cheap god send called the nexus 4. I am just wondering if i am really in the minority. My immediate reaction to Sam's post was "what a pretentious jerk" but i realized that i might be the odd one out. SO here we are.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By toowalrus

My area doesn't have 4G coverage, and even if it did, the speed of the OS and apps available are really what's most important to me. I don't need lightning fast internet to browse forums. Also, any time I'm traveling, I'm behind the wheel, and I'm almost always near a wifi hotspot, anyway.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ravenlight

D: You tech dweebs never go outside, why do you even care about mobile data?

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By super2j

@TooWalrus said:

My area doesn't have 4G coverage, and even if it did, the speed of the OS and apps available are really what's most important to me. I don't need lightning fast internet to browse forums. Also, any time I'm traveling, I'm behind the wheel, and I'm almost always near a wifi hotspot, anyway.

Ya, i feel like im in a similar situation.

@Ravenlight said:

D: You tech dweebs never go outside, why do you even care about mobile data?

are you talking to me or the guy who wrote that post? I go outside, i go out sooo hard. I go outside so hard and long, you would say: "oh man that guy is still out? no wonder all the ladies like him...he goes out so hard and long and passionately"

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ravenlight

@super2j said:

are you talking to me or the guy who wrote that post?

Talking out my ass, primarily. I've got a shiny new Galaxy S3 and I barely use the damn thing for anything except texting and phone calls. Everything else can wait until I'm in front of a proper machine with a dope connection.

I go outside so hard and long

Additionally, I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By wrecks

Dat Topic Title.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#8  Edited By Kidavenger

I'm not sure what you need a LTE fast data connection on a phone for, at least not in the current charge by the MB world most consumers live in now, I'd much rather have unlimited data, cheaper data, or better data coverage/roaming.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By colourful_hippie

Don't care about it because my Galaxy Nexus will be just fine. The new Nexus isn't really anything special on the hardware side and my unlocked Nexus isn't LTE either so I don't care about the new one not having it...not that having it would even matter because I'm going to switch back to iOS once the next iPhone comes out.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Barrock

Love 4G. Will never go back.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm not sure how a "techy" can not care about data speeds...

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By super2j

@wrecks said:

Dat Topic Title.

i know.... i realized only after I created the topic. I looked for a way to fix it...

@wewantsthering said:

I'm not sure how a "techy" can not care about data speeds...

I am opting out of the whole affair because i think its absolutely stupid to charge people at the rate they are doing. And their policies surrounding it all... all of it is just bad. I mean they charge you 10$ if you go 1gb over (fido) you 2gb limit. It is basically a matter of principle with me. Just like how i hate the usage based billing thing they were trying to force on us Canadians.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jozzy

@super2j said:

are you talking to me or the guy who wrote that post? I go outside, i go out sooo hard. I go outside so hard and long, you would say: "oh man that guy is still out? no wonder all the ladies like him...he goes out so hard and long and passionately"

You are one seriously outgoing duder.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By toowalrus
@jozzy said:

@super2j said:

You are one seriously outgoing duder.

Why do these posts keep getting redirected into my mailbox! It's not that I don't find them arousing, but enough is enough!
super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By super2j

wow, it turns out I am in the minority. Not by much but yep.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By Jack268

I use 3G regularly, but it's fast enough already, it's not really a big deal.  

It's kind of weird that it would be gone from all models simply because one carrier is pulling some stupid shit though.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Andorski

As a person who wants to switch out of iOS and onto Android, the Nexus 4 has sealed me onto the Apple camp for atleast two more years with the iPhone 5. The fragmentation of the Android platform is ridiculous. All I want is god damn stock Android. Not Touch Wiz, Sense, or any of that bullshit. Sure, I could root the phone and install something like Cyanogenmod, but even these alternatives aren't perfect (e.g. HTC phones supposedly have camera issues when you remove its Sense software). Not to mention that this is a fucking phone. I should buy it and have it work.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#18  Edited By Dagbiker

The internet is just as fast as it ever was.

krushr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By krushr

@Andorski said:

As a person who wants to switch out of iOS and onto Android, the Nexus 4 has sealed me onto the Apple camp for atleast two more years with the iPhone 5. The fragmentation of the Android platform is ridiculous. All I want is god damn stock Android. Not Touch Wiz, Sense, or any of that bullshit. Sure, I could root the phone and install something like Cyanogenmod, but even these alternatives aren't perfect (e.g. HTC phones supposedly have camera issues when you remove its Sense software). Not to mention that this is a fucking phone. I should buy it and have it work.

Huh? The Nexus 4 IS running stock Android, so I'm not sure what your complaint is with it here.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By PillClinton

Since I'll likely be buying a Nexus 4 off-contract when my current contract's up in March, I don't really care all that much. I don't use mobile data very much, and when I do, I don't need a lot of speed.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By super2j

@Andorski said:

The nexus has stock android. And at this point I feel like there is a "creme of the crop" class. They are your Galaxy S3's that blow most of the competition aside from a couple other great hand sets. And are there really any issues left with touchwiz and what not? I feel like i have not heard about such things since the captivate. Everything I hear is "Jelly bean is the smoothest son of a bitch around, holy shit". If you wanted to switch out of iphone 5 i think you would have, I dont really see too much in your way at this point. And if you are aware of alternatives like cyanogenmod then i think you have the tools to fix anything that annoys you, then this could be a non-problem. If this really bothers you, then ya stick to the iphone.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Andorski

@Krushr: My issue is that the Nexus 4 is the only phone being sold with stock Android and that while the OS is free from OEM bloatware the phone itself is subpar. No LTE, 16GB max storage with no Micro SD expansion, and judging from the LG Optimus G that the N4 is based on, the camera is average at best. I really hope Android Nexus program is real, as a Nexus phone made by HTC or Samsung would be great. LG and Google dropped the ball with the Nexus 4.

tread311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By tread311

4G is all around South Jersey but not at home nor work which is a bummer. I do a lot of tethering when I'm at work and 4G speeds would sure be nice. That being said it doesn't really matter to me. I'd buy this phone off contract because that price is nice, but I'm a Verizon customer.