Republic of Gamers Modification

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TribalPlague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By TribalPlague

Ok lets try this again, this time with more beef so the moderators dont get iffy.

Recently I built a distribution of Windows 7 SP1 that had all my drivers, configuration settings, updates etc. In case I had to wipe my computer clean and start from scratch. I also pulled a "Steve Jobs" and elimindated several complications from the installation and I made my distro boot from a 32GB USB ThumbDrive I had lying around with much use. Everything is working great and I got a real nice config of all my current hardware without anymore hassles.

I also found a very cool modification to the actual GUI of windows 7 and after contacting the author for permition he let me slipstream it into my installation, since I am not massively distributing it or anything. The author's name is Neuropass and he built a full set of graphics, loading screens etc. for Windows 7. The theme he chose to represent was the ROG or Republic of Gamers (an Asus product that focuses on high end gaming rigs). The modifications were fairly complete and almost nothing was missing. One thing though was that the browser I currently use, Chrome didnt have a dedicated skin.

Quite frankly I thought after building my slipstreamed Windows Installation, building the theme was going to be a sinch. Well its not exactly THAT easy. For all the information Google has they have a very poorly build wiki on how to do theming for Chrome. I built the whole thing perfectly following some instructions I found on the InnerWebz. Still my theme wouldn't load. I spenk possibly like 4hrs testing and uploading until by accident I compressed the theme including the image folder where the images for the theme are stored and VOILA! it worked.

Being the cool guy I am, I wanted to share the theme I made for Chrome with other fellow gamers. It's free and it has been well received in the Chrome Theme community as the other two themes that use "Republic of Gamers" design dont look too sharp. I hope you all like it and enjoy it.

Sorry If I bored you with my windows imaging skills, a moderator locked my previous post because according to him, "Sorry but threads which simply consist of links and little to no original commentary are considered spam and are against the forum rules."

So without further ado:

ROG: Republic of Gamers Theme for Google Chrome

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/digokgjmmdldnmnemhffdeknllgbmkdo

Tp

TribalPlague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By TribalPlague

Ok lets try this again, this time with more beef so the moderators dont get iffy.

Recently I built a distribution of Windows 7 SP1 that had all my drivers, configuration settings, updates etc. In case I had to wipe my computer clean and start from scratch. I also pulled a "Steve Jobs" and elimindated several complications from the installation and I made my distro boot from a 32GB USB ThumbDrive I had lying around with much use. Everything is working great and I got a real nice config of all my current hardware without anymore hassles.

I also found a very cool modification to the actual GUI of windows 7 and after contacting the author for permition he let me slipstream it into my installation, since I am not massively distributing it or anything. The author's name is Neuropass and he built a full set of graphics, loading screens etc. for Windows 7. The theme he chose to represent was the ROG or Republic of Gamers (an Asus product that focuses on high end gaming rigs). The modifications were fairly complete and almost nothing was missing. One thing though was that the browser I currently use, Chrome didnt have a dedicated skin.

Quite frankly I thought after building my slipstreamed Windows Installation, building the theme was going to be a sinch. Well its not exactly THAT easy. For all the information Google has they have a very poorly build wiki on how to do theming for Chrome. I built the whole thing perfectly following some instructions I found on the InnerWebz. Still my theme wouldn't load. I spenk possibly like 4hrs testing and uploading until by accident I compressed the theme including the image folder where the images for the theme are stored and VOILA! it worked.

Being the cool guy I am, I wanted to share the theme I made for Chrome with other fellow gamers. It's free and it has been well received in the Chrome Theme community as the other two themes that use "Republic of Gamers" design dont look too sharp. I hope you all like it and enjoy it.

Sorry If I bored you with my windows imaging skills, a moderator locked my previous post because according to him, "Sorry but threads which simply consist of links and little to no original commentary are considered spam and are against the forum rules."

So without further ado:

ROG: Republic of Gamers Theme for Google Chrome

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/digokgjmmdldnmnemhffdeknllgbmkdo

Tp