*Sigh* People..

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Still_I_Cry

"It was supposed to be a field trip to a public library for 6-year-old Stephen Stovall and his classmates. Instead, the kindergartner told his Mom that found himself locked in jail. The Chicago Sun-Times reports that parents at Sunnyside Elementary were told their children would be taking a visit to a library and even signed waivers stating such. The children were instead taken to the local Hillside Police Station, where they were shown guns and ankle bracelet monitors. Stovall says he was then temporarily locked inside a jail cell at the station."

Yeah, so? To this the mother says, "Is this supposed to be a scared-straight tactic?"

I don't think it was supposed to scare the child, but then again, "the Cook County Sheriff's Department said such visits are a routine part of its "Motivational and Responsibility Training," program, but only for much older students."

Does this kind of tactic worksor is just going to teach children to be scared of the police?

Personally, I think it may lead children to be afraid of the police and what they can do, especially if they are exposed to something like this at such an early age.

Also, what is with the alleged misleading permission forms :/?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/6-old-locked-jail-cell-part-school-field-205808798.html

In other news

Tantrums are apparently illegal now, "The story comes just two days after a 6-year-old girl in Georgia was handcuffed and detained by police after an alleged "tantrum."

What the fuck.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

Six is a little young, duder probably won't even remember this in a year. Shitty on the schools behalf for straight up lying to parents, though.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@WilltheMagicAsian said:

Six is a little young, duder probably won't even remember this in a year.

I think 6 year olds have developed enough to remember things, especially traumatic things. Well, maybe if he does remember he will look at it as a game, which is what I would have taken it as if I were that age.

Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Flawed_System said:

Why did the school lie? Showing the kids guns and locking them in a cell isn't going to do anything because it's not a prison environment. Stick them in a cell with Bubba for a few hours, that'll scare them straight for sure.

Are you advocating child rape?

LiquidS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LiquidS
JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By JTB123

That second story is seriously messed up, I would thought the handcuffs would slip off a 6 year old though.

Crazy world is still crazy.

Flawed_System

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Flawed_System

@ModerateViolence said:

@Flawed_System said:

Why did the school lie? Showing the kids guns and locking them in a cell isn't going to do anything because it's not a prison environment. Stick them in a cell with Bubba for a few hours, that'll scare them straight for sure.

Are you advocating child rape?

Rape is such an ugly word....don't you think? Let's call it CPT (Child Persuasion Techniques).

Now I'm going to wait for the inevitable "Oh, this is nothing to joke about" response. People need to chill out.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Ravenlight

I for one am in favor of locking up children. Then we can stop "thinking of the children" and get on with our lives.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MikkaQ

Children should be scared of the police, they're fucking crazy and will accost you for any old thing. Personally I'm scared of anyone with that many weapons on them. Especially when they're bullies which is like 90% of a given police force.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Nux

The same thing happened to me when I was in 1st grade. I thought it was pretty cool then and still think it was cool now.

freewilly5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By freewilly5

This is dumb.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By monetarydread

@Still_I_Cry said:

In other news

Tantrums are apparently illegal now, "The story comes just two days after a 6-year-old girl in Georgia was handcuffed and detained by police after an alleged "tantrum."

What the fuck.

I just read about the six year old. I don't see what the problem is. The six year old was physically assaulting people by throwing furniture , and this tantrum resulted in injury's. Since there was a cop there, by law he has to detain the kid, and by law anybody, regardless of age, has to be handcuffed before going in the cop car.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By TobbRobb

@MonetaryDread said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

In other news

What the fuck.

I just read about the six year old. I don't see what the problem is. The six year old was physically assaulting people by throwing furniture , and this tantrum resulted in injury's. Since there was a cop there, by law he has to detain the kid, and by law anybody, regardless of age, has to be handcuffed before going in the cop car.

I feel like I shouldn't agree, but seriously. Even kids needs to learn their place, she was out of fucking control. if parents won't, then police should be allowed to stop shit like that.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@TobbRobb said:

@MonetaryDread said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

In other news

What the fuck.

I feel like I shouldn't agree, but seriously. Even kids needs to learn their place, she was out of fucking control. if parents won't, then police should be allowed to stop shit like that.

True, true.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By habster3

Alright, I think I need to put my sentiments regarding this in list form:

-The school really shouldn't have lied to parents.

-This is kind of a messed up thing to do to little kids, regardless of whether or not they'll remember it later.

-I can't stand the police (just felt like throwing that one in there).

-Tantrums illegal? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME???? It's just a little kid. Jesus.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MonetaryDread said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

In other news

What the fuck.

Should've given the parent a fine for not managing to control their shitty crotchspawn too

Avatar image for thewholedamnshow
TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

@Ravenlight said:

I for one am in favor of locking up children. Then we can stop "thinking of the children" and get on with our lives.

Stop it. There are children present.