So I finally got my first job.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By falserelic

Yesterday, I finally got my first job at the age of 21. It's a factory job where I have to make car parts, and do other random stuff in the building. I had to wear steel toe boots, work glasses, ear plugs and wear gloves. First thing I did was clean oil off of parts, then I had to use this machine to bolt up these door parts, stock em up, check and mark them, and repeat. I was running back and forth, pushing heavy crates, and making sure I did a good job.

Because my supervisor warned me if I fuck it up then I'm fired. Anyway I worked from 2:15 to 11:00 pm, afterwards my whole body was sore and I had cuts all over my arms. I was tired as shit and couldn't wait to get home. Once I got home I took a bath to get the oil off, got something to eat, then I went to bed. Now I'm getting prepared to go to work again today, and I'm wondering what they'll make me do next, but regardless it feels good that I got some income coming in.

I actually got the job from applying at a job center. As soon as I got done writing my application I was put to work. So now I'm just going to keep working and save up money, unless I get fired.

edsone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

That must be really tiring but congratulations!

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Welcome to work, we've got lots to go around. Sounds like a good job. I always enjoyed labour work more than this office jazz.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By joshwent

Congrats! Doesn't sound like a "dream job" by any means, but I've had my share of random jobs of my own over the years, and the ones similar to what it sounds like you're doing I liked the most. Being physical and getting dirty gives you (or at least, gave me) a much greater sense of satisfaction than being mind-numbingly bored sitting at a cubicle all day.

And of course... watch your boots

Loading Video...

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Congratulations duder, it's always good to get your first job. I've only just started my new job too, I've been unemployed for a few months and am just glad to be back earning again. My new job may be nothing like as fun as my last one, but I ain't complaining.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that you have a job, it's easier to get another job.

You should keep looking. Always keep looking, even if you like your job. You never know when something amazing will pop up.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welcome to the real world of crushed hopes and broken dreams.

Just kidding!

That job sounds OK. Nothing wrong with a little hard work to feel good about yourself. Beats a soul-maiming call-center job any day.

daggon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@joshwent said:

Congrats! Doesn't sound like a "dream job" by any means, but I've had my share of random jobs of my own over the years, and the ones similar to what it sounds like you're doing I liked the most. Being physical and getting dirty gives you (or at least, gave me) a much greater sense of satisfaction than being mind-numbingly bored sitting at a cubicle all day.

Totally. After the 3rd meeting that either accomplishes nothing or increases the scope of an overdue project yet again I think to myself "Man why can't I have job where I just dig a ditch or something."

Scampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Scampbell

Supervisor sounds like an asshole. A supervisor should inspire, not threaten.

Still congratulation and I'm sure with time the work will become more subconscious and less tiring.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Congratulations, man. Hope you get a nice bonus at the end of the year.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Because my supervisor warned me if I fuck it up then I'm fired.

Sounds like a swell guy. Anyways congrats on the job. Hopefully this can lead to better things for ya.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Congrats dude you're already on the right track with the mindset of saving money. One thing I regretted at a young age when I first got a job was budgeting my finances. I was so terrible at it where I'd usually choose buying a new game right off that bat instead of food.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By falserelic

@scampbell said:

Still congratulation and I'm sure with time the work will become more subconscious and less tiring.

I have two Supervisors: Jon and Vince. Jon was the first guy I met he was cool. He was letting me know that the job was fast pace, and he warned me about Vince. He said Vince has very high standards, and if I impress him I might get hired in. Since I got the job from Job Center I'm a temporally employee, but anyway a co-worker that was training me warned me about Vince too.

He told me he was a mothafucka and I'll know Vince when I see him. So when I was cleaning the oil off the parts. A older guy came to me and told me to hurry the fuck up, and that time was money. He was an asshole and I realized it was Vince. Then Vince had me to go operate a machine, and told me if I had one fuck up I'm done.

So I was doing my best making sure I did everything right, he didn't say nothing to me so I figure I was doing it correctly, but three times the machine I was working on stopped working, and I had to call him for help even though I didn't want too. After the second time he told me to call the maintenance man from now on.

Scampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Scampbell

@scampbell said:

I have two Supervisors: Jon and Vince. Jon was the first guy I met he was cool. He was letting me know that the job was fast pace, and he warned me about Vince. He said Vince has very high standards, and if I impress him I might get hired in. Since I got the job from Job Center I'm a temporally employee, but anyway a co-worker that was training me warned me about Vince too.

He told me he was a mothafucka and I'll know Vince when I see him. So when I was cleaning the oil off the parts. A older guy came to me and told me to hurry the fuck up, and that time was money. He was an asshole and I realized it was Vince. Then Vince had me to go operate a machine, and told me if I had one fuck up I'm done. So I was doing my best making sure I did everything right, he didn't say nothing to me so I figure I was doing it correctly, but three times the machine I was working on stopped working, and I had to call him for help even though I didn't want too. After the second time he told me to call the maintenance man from now on.

I guess if it means having to deal with the guy less that would be a good thing. At least it sounds like the rest aren't half bad.

Still it would be better if people would stop being overbearing and file a formal complaint. Too often a rotten apple are allowed to poison the work environment for everyone else.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Congratulations man!

AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weird that you're 21 and this is your first job. You're still relatively young so if I were you I'd apply for a skilled trade apprenticeship (electrician, plumber, iron worker, etc). Best places would be your local unions for each trade. It's consistent, good paying work, and they don't give a shit about your past. You won't have to deal with this temp to hire job center bullshit. I went through an apprenticeship with my local Electrician Union. Prevailing wage was $30/hr when I left to return to college. I'm now a Software Engineer but had the opportunity to earn my degree not come along I'd been perfectly happy continuing in the trade.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By falserelic

@agnosticjesus said:

Weird that you're 21 and this is your first job. You're still relatively young so if I were you I'd apply for a skilled trade apprenticeship (electrician, plumber, iron worker, etc). Best places would be your local unions for each trade. It's consistent, good paying work, and they don't give a shit about your past. You won't have to deal with this temp to hire job center bullshit. I went through an apprenticeship with my local Electrician Union. Prevailing wage was $30/hr when I left to return to college. I'm now a Software Engineer but had the opportunity to earn my degree not come along I'd been perfectly happy continuing in the trade.

I would take a trade, but I have to resolve something that I did in the past first, or else alot of jobs won't accept me. I was lucky enough and shocked to have this job I'm working at now. Job Center is my best option for now, even though I know I got to go through some bullshit. I'm willing to put up with it just to get my life on track. I see this as a stepping stone to reach higher goals.

PulledaBrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait till ya get your first paycheck and see that ~30% of it is missing! Wheee!

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@canteu said:

You should keep looking. Always keep looking, even if you like your job. You never know when something amazing will pop up.

He should at least wait at least after 6 months and just try to kick ass everyday. You need references and no one at the current place is going to be a reference for someone who just started. Employers also aren't going to give a shit about someone with one job history it only being a couple months old. This is his first job, so this is basically going to be work experience and life lessons rolled all into one.

A supervisor at a factory job doesn't give a shit about inspiring unless it is needed. This kid is green and a dime a dozen. His little threat seemed to work pretty well. Supervisors at office jobs need to inspire and not make threats. Supervisors in hard manual labor jobs are going to be more like the army and give you shit.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tycobb: Yeah I guess. Didn't really consider that. I spose I was going off my own experiences where I've had a bunch of jobs.

Still, doesn't hurt to keep looking so you know what's out there.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@canteu: I agree. It's always best to find a new job while you have a job because the pressure of getting it is gone (most of the time). I am thankful that in 13 years of working, I have left every job on my own terms.

AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AgnosticJesus

@falserelic: Good luck and try to stick with it. The supervisor is just trying to brow beat, it's common in blue collar jobs. Just let it roll off your back. Keep the skilled trade apprenticeship in mind moving forward. I was in a similar situation as you, made some poor decisions that led to legal issues. Thought no employer would hire me. Luckily the only thing that can exclude from participating in them is if you cannot legally work in the US. No background or credit check is performed.

Scampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Scampbell

@tycobb said:

@canteu said:

He should at least wait at least after 6 months and just try to kick ass everyday. You need references and no one at the current place is going to be a reference for someone who just started. Employers also aren't going to give a shit about someone with one job history it only being a couple months old. This is his first job, so this is basically going to be work experience and life lessons rolled all into one.

@scampbell said:

A supervisor at a factory job doesn't give a shit about inspiring unless it is needed. This kid is green and a dime a dozen. His little threat seemed to work pretty well. Supervisors at office jobs need to inspire and not make threats. Supervisors in hard manual labor jobs are going to be more like the army and give you shit.

Well that is an antiquated way of looking at it, even in the Army.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scampbell: It may be "antiquated" (I'd go with traditional) but he's right.

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vince sounds like a real piece of shit and the work sounds hard, but I should totally get a job like that while I'm still young. It would harden me the fuck up way more than retail.

Scampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@canteu said:

@scampbell: It may be "antiquated" (I'd go with traditional) but he's right.

I guess I'm not really doubting that, I have experienced it myself.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#28  Edited By Tireyo

Wonderful! Maybe I can say the same here soon too.

amani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like a decent job. I had one where there was a ton of heavy lifting involved, you get used to the soreness eventually, as long as you rest up. I kinda want to get another factory job myself tbh.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

Yesterday, I finally got my first job at the age of 21. It's a factory job where I have to make car parts, and do other random stuff in the building. I had to wear steel toe boots, work glasses, ear plugs and wear gloves. First thing I did was clean oil off of parts, then I had to use this machine to bolt up these door parts, stock em up, check and mark them, and repeat. I was running back and forth, pushing heavy crates, and making sure I did a good job.

Because my supervisor warned me if I fuck it up then I'm fired. Anyway I worked from 2:15 to 11:00 pm, afterwards my whole body was sore and I had cuts all over my arms. I was tired as shit and couldn't wait to get home. Once I got home I took a bath to get the oil off, got something to eat, then I went to bed. Now I'm getting prepared to go to work again today, and I'm wondering what they'll make me do next, but regardless it feels good that I got some income coming in.

I actually got the job from applying at a job center. As soon as I got done writing my application I was put to work. So now I'm just going to keep working and save up money, unless I get fired.

Where are you that auto workers aren't unionized? In Canada they are the largest union in the country, and 90% of Canadian workers are in unions. If you were unionized you'd be able to fuck up and not lose your job.

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#31  Edited By ttocs

Congrats on getting a job. It takes a little to get used to the "go to work everyday, come home for a few hours, sleep, rinse and repeat" aspect of it but once you get used to it you will be just fine. Keep at it, work hard, and who knows, before long you may be the asshole telling people if they "fuck up, they're fired..." If you ever are, try to re-word it to be a little nicer :)

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Akyho

Congrats, I myself just got a new job. Except if you took it the most literal this would be my second official job, as past ones were just 6 months training schemes of which the first one trained me excellently and the second one was just a formality to give me a job in my charity shop I had volunteered for 2 years 6 months before hand. These were two retail "jobs" with the one after being a Kitchen porter at a hotel.

The whole place was insane and it was the most back breaking work I had ever done (I should know it pretty much ruined my back) the job would have been fine if the co workers...worked and my bosses didn't put the the blame on me for everything even if I didn't do it. I quit.

However I have not been able to get a job for almost 3 years, considering I am so good at retail I can manage and run a shop by my self as I have done it.

I am 25 and this is going to be my first job that should last for years. I got my first job at 17, next at 21 then 22. So its been alot of down time (with college in the middle)

So from my experiences the job is not going to be your biggest task. If you can stay upbeat and not be bullied or such by bosses/Co workers you can do the job , get paid and blow off steam in your down time. So just keep your head screwed on around that vince guy since he sounds like what may break you if you let him get to you.

I have the bonus of working in a sector I love (Retail) and while its a second hand shop its for electronics, games, movies and music. It also seems like with some cool dudes (as I could laugh and joke with them at the interview and they hired me so....) helps when the interview has such questions as "what's your top 3 favorite games?" so I think I am good for years.

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By gokaired

@falserelic:

Aged 23 I have my first (paying) job now after dropping out of University, in an electronics store, PC World.

I train on this weekend as a Sales Advisor/Assistant, so I have to promote and advise customers on products, and meet sales targets.

I applied directly, went for an interview, then about 5 days later got confirmation, the work hours I listed was 9am-4pm, Monday to Friday. But I'm sure things'll change.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous, your job seems to have more added pressure than mine.

Good Luck my friend, for the both of us :)

CynicalBuzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About time you got a job!

In all seriousness congrats on getting the job!

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just remember, no matter where you go in life there will always be a 'Vince'. Unless you're a 'Vince', but then everyone hates you.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By falserelic

Just got off work and it was a rush I almost fucked up twice today. I accidentally wielded two Plates twice on the wielder. The maintenance man was being sarcastic and talked shit about me, but I didn't let it bother me. As for Vince he got upset at me for some other shit. He got annoyed when I took off my ear plugs so I could hear him, and got upset because I didn't keep my work sheet up to date.

The worksheet I was unfamiliar with until Vince explained it. I had to write down what machine I was using, when I started using it, what amount of parts I had done, and If I stopped I had to mark down the time, and either put a code or leave a comment on why I stopped. Anyway the day went alright for most part.

Now earlier I was starting to get upset at a lady when I started working. The lady is suppose to bring me tags and a marker. She was taking way to fucking long to bring them to me. When I got done wielding and stocking plates I have to tag and check them, or else I'm fired. I had to stop afew guys on forklifts from taking the unmarked stock. They was starting to get agitated, but soon after I got my tags and marker from the lady.

@falserelic said:

Where are you that auto workers aren't unionized? In Canada they are the largest union in the country, and 90% of Canadian workers are in unions. If you were unionized you'd be able to fuck up and not lose your job.

I live in American I don't know too much about the union yet, but on my job I'm operating this Machine called the wielder. I guess since it has to be shipped in good condition. I can't afford to have any fuck ups, and I found out yesterday that afew people got fired on the same machine that I was using. It's easy to lose track because everything is fast pace. I'm started to get use to it, and a co-worker showed me a faster way of doing it to speed up my quota.

Anyway here's some pics of my job for people to see.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Now I couldn't get a pic on the machine I was using, because Vince was around the area and I didn't want to chance it. I wasn't able to take pics of the other machines, just only these.

Avatar image for angre_leperkan439
Angre_Leperkan439

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Congratulations. I've found that the jobs that leave me exhausted at the end of the day are the best, both because A) you feel satisfied having worked hard all day, and B) the days you have off are 1000000 times better.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By newmoneytrash

I don't know, you guys. Vince sounds like the hard guy who just doesn't want to see kids disappoint him, and then when you prove yourself to him he will begrudgingly warm up to you and, over the course of three to four seasons, you will create a father/son bond.

Night shifts are dope, though, for real. I hope you're having fun!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Almost sounds like a slave camp rather than a job.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good luck, all jobs get better with experience and have there ups and downs, if nothing else its a good reference down the road for something else so try and make a good impression.

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Cramsy

@humanity said:

what do you mean? It's a factory job and he's getting paid. Just because he's working hard doesn't make it a slave camp

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@cramsy said:

@humanity said:

what do you mean? It's a factory job and he's getting paid. Just because he's working hard doesn't make it a slave camp

I haven't worked a factory job so I guess this is common place but I find the whole stringent policy of "don't move a finger without signing a sheet and letting someone know first or you're fired" seems odd.

I've worked shitty minimum wage jobs but this seems like you got people constantly breathing down your neck with threats of termination at the smallest infringement.

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@cramsy said:

@humanity said:

I haven't worked a factory job so I guess this is common place but I find the whole stringent policy of "don't move a finger without signing a sheet and letting someone know first or you're fired" seems odd.

I've worked shitty minimum wage jobs but this seems like you got people constantly breathing down your neck with threats of termination at the smallest infringement.

It sounds like OP is working with some dangerous tools so it might be a safety thing. Just to make sure that people are using the tools correctly and efficiently. But yeah obviously if he gets fired for some bullshit like the taking out earplugs thing then they might out of line

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By falserelic

@tajasaurus I wish I was having fun, but I wasn't. I was in alot of pain yesterday and got cussed out, but I managed and kept doing my job. For me I can take verbal insults as long as things doesn't get violent. If that happens I'll probably start fighting and won't care about the job anymore. Afew people ended up quitting because working at the plant is rough, and from what I've been through so far. You got to be strong mentally and physically.

@humanity said:

@cramsy said:

@humanity said:

In the plant its very loud and there's lots of machines running, and without the ear plugs it can mess up your ears. I can tell Vince must of had people that didn't have there safety items on, and they probably ended up getting hurt badly. Also things are very timely from what I witness in the plant. You have to get stuff done quick because it has to get shipped off on schedule, and Vince will get pissed-off if people ain't keeping up on pace.

@cramsy said:

@humanity said:

@cramsy said:

@humanity said:

It sounds like OP is working with some dangerous tools so it might be a safety thing. Just to make sure that people are using the tools correctly and efficiently. But yeah obviously if he gets fired for some bullshit like the taking out earplugs thing then they might out of line

Yeah, they're very dangerous if I'm not careful. I almost ended up putting my hand in a machine to unloose a plate, and Vince stopped me and told me to use a pole when plates gets stuck, or else the plate could have slid on my finger and cut it off, it was a lesson learned.

@sanity said:

Good luck, all jobs get better with experience and have there ups and downs, if nothing else its a good reference down the road for something else so try and make a good impression.

It has been a learning experience so far. I actually started to see what my parents had to go through. My mom works at ford and my dad worked at GM, but he's retired. They both gave me advice and told me what to expect. Like dealing with immature co-workers, having a boss that's a fucking pain to deal with, Packing a lunch before hand, knowing when to do stuff in a timely order, making mistakes and learning from them, get stuff done quick as possible and some other stuff.

Now I'm imagining how rough it must have been working at a factory, while raising kids and paying bills. If I had a kid this job alone wouldn't be able to cut it. I wouldn't make enough to take care of a kid and pay bills.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I just got a call from Job Center, and they told me not to go to work today. I don't know if it was because I messed up abit yesterday, or if they just didn't need any extra people. They told me that they'll ship over my time card so I can get my check, well that fucking sucks.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Congrats! Even if it's a shitty mind and body wrecking job, it pays until you find something you enjoy.

I did a conveyor belt job a while ago, putting potato's in bags and sort them. I did it because I needed some money quickly but man, you were treated like dirt, no contact with co-workers, mind numbing and everything.
I also did packaging jobs but at least I could talk to my co-workers, people were nice and payed minimum wage. I also did cleaning in holiday parks.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravelle said:

Congrats! Even if it's a shitty mind and body wrecking job, it pays until you find something you enjoy.

I did a conveyor belt job a while ago, putting potato's in bags and sort them. I did it because I needed some money quickly but man, you were treated like dirt, no contact with co-workers, mind numbing and everything.

I also did packaging jobs but at least I could talk to my co-workers, people were nice and payed minimum wage. I also did cleaning in holiday parks.

Thanks.

At this point I want to see if I can get hired into a job. Job Center is useful for quick money, but only if they have positions available. Even then its only a temp service and not guarantee. So at this point I'm going to keep using Job Center and save up money. I also want to improve my education and hope to get a better job that hires me.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Ravelle

@falserelic said:

@ravelle said:

Thanks.

At this point I want to see if I can get hired into a job. Job Center is useful for quick money, but only if they have positions available. Even then its only a temp service and not guarantee. So at this point I'm going to keep using Job Center and save up money. I also want to improve my education and hope to get a better job that hires me.

Yeah, I registered at about 10 job centers and a couple, the small ones you find downtown call you if they have an opening somewhere, but the big job agencies call you saying they found a match with your application and when you're invited for an interview with them they usually say it didn't fit after all or act as if your job application never happened and sent you home with a " We call when we find something" which never happens.

Do you search for jobs by job websites as well? Monsterboard and the likes? I find that most of them are just horrible, every link on every website linking to the same job center and not the company itself for a direct application. Worst of all, those sites are never maintained so you often click on dead links or applications that have already been fulfilled.

I also tried cutting down the middle-man and apply directly at the company itself but that often leads to automated e-mails saying " Your resume doesn't fit with the job you applied to" even though it does. Or get a reply that I don't have enough experience, which I don't gain if I don't get hired anywhere. It's an endless spiral.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By falserelic

@ravelle said:

@falserelic said:

@ravelle said:

Thanks.

Yeah, I registered at about 10 job centers and a couple, the small ones you find downtown call you if they have an opening somewhere, but the big job agencies call you saying they found a match with your application and when you're invited for an interview with them they usually say it didn't fit after all or act as if your job application never happened and sent you home with a " We call when we find something" which never happens.

Do you search for jobs by job websites as well? Monsterboard and the likes? I find that most of them are just horrible, every link on every website linking to the same job center and not the company itself for a direct application. Worst of all, those sites are never maintained so you often click on dead links or applications that have already been fulfilled.

I also tried cutting down the middle-man and apply directly at the company itself but that often leads to automated e-mails saying " Your resume doesn't fit with the job you applied to" even though it does. Or get a reply that I don't have enough experience, which I don't gain if I don't get hired anywhere. It's an endless spiral.

I been having trouble with online applications. The last one I did was for Walmart, twice I filled out a job application for the company, and when I went to see if they had it. They said they never seen it or heard of me which was odd. Then I filled out more Applications for other jobs, but they never called me.

I hate dealing with online job applications. I would prefer writing on a application paper, but nowadays you have to do everything online. It can get annoying as hell at times.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravelle said:

@falserelic said:

@ravelle said:

Thanks.

I been having trouble with online applications. The last one I did was for Walmart, twice I filled out a job application for the company, and when I went to see if they had it. They said they never seen it or heard of me which was odd. Then I filled out more Applications for other jobs, but they never called me.

I hate dealing with online job applications. I would prefer writing on a application paper, but nowadays you have to do everything online. It can get annoying as hell at times.

Yes, the whole online thing is very frustrating mainly because you can't do anything with rejection e-mails.