Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

So I recently came about a tiny sum of change and bought a few holdovers from last year on Steam since the console ports weren't some of my favorites (XCOM and BL2), but I also have some codes lying around from the newest Humble Bundle and Xmas sales. Giant Bomb's given the community some cool shit over the years (things like @branthog's awesome GERSTMAS haven't given me anything yet but they exist and that's enough), so I thought I'd hand some of ya'll some stuff.

Ze games:

• Red Faction: Guerrilla
  • Darksiders
  • Rome: Total War Gold + Alexander (will only giveaway in bundle)
  • Medieval II: Total War - Gold
  • Empire: Total War
  • Total War Battles: Shogun

Now, I'm just gonna pump the post count into an RNG but... let's have a little get-to-know each other. Tell me what your top ten favorite games are, since five is so restrictive and IGN gets tons of clicks, and a little description of why you like the game so much. Two words, ten words, 10 000 word essay? Fuck it, let's freestyle.

Please post the order in which you would prefer receiving the giveaways!

[note:let's be clear, I do not know if some of these Total War keys will directly activate on Steam or not because of Amazon sometimes being a bit unclear. My versions of Shogun 2 and Napoleon activated just fine, but I'm still unclear whether these will activate properly. I KNOW the RF and Darksiders ones will, however.]

I'll give it only a few hours before this thread has enough posts for a proper giveaway but I'll wait until tomorrow at 8PM EDT to give dem codes out. Oh, and remember:

click for extra fun
click for extra fun

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By nightriff

Umm, can I just post my list?

EDIT:

1. Red Faction: Guerrilla
  2. Darksiders
  3. Everything else
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightriff said:

Umm, can I just post my list?

Sure! Like I said, I'm just going to throw this into something to spit numbers back out so go for it. Just remember to post the order that you want the giveaways in.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d4cf64585b7
deactivated-57d4cf64585b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

If I did not already have my fill of Total War for a while then I might enter. I would rather see someone else get the gift and be as happy as when I got TW:Rome for Gertmas!

More users giving away free stuff, this place is really awesome! :D

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SexyToad

Oooh well let's start off with my top games. (As of now)

1. Minecraft

I'm currently stuck in the minecraft craze, I have it on the PC, Xboc, and iOS. I probably enjoy this game so much since I can do whatever I want in the game, (build a house, castle, jail, bar) and updates are out every Thursday! There's plenty to do, you just have to be creative.

2. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Hands down one of the best game of all time. I always enjoyed the Zelda series because of its amazing story and adventure. Majors mask continues this latterly but has a weird twist, considering a giant fucking moon! I spent plenty of time trying to collect all the masks, being frustrated when I spent time trying to get one mask, and fail. But I would say that was part of the experience.

3. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Roughly the same reasons as #2. FUCK THE WATER TEMPLE.

4. Mario 64

Great game. It had tons of levels and areas to explore within the game, can't seem to beat King Bomb-omb? That's okay, enter another painting! The castle itself had plenty of secrets to discover as well.

5. No idea

I can't really say what #5 is. Could it be wind waker? Don't Starve? Super Mario bros? I really can't say. Any kf those games listed, or maybe one I haven't said and just forgot about.

I would like either of the Total War games, which ever one you prefer the most. I own both darksiders and red faction. Thanks for this duder!

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By pr1mus

You mean i have to put in the effort of thinking about games and putting these thoughts into words? Fuck that! Besides i don't know what are my favorite games. I mean i kinda know but placing them in order... forget it.

Actually i'm just not particularly interested in any of those games but it's pretty nice of you!

WasabiCurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WasabiCurry

1. Psychonauts - When I first played the game, it was quite unknown. I actually got it because the box art looked cool to my fifteen year old self. When I played the game, I was pleasantly surprised to meet such a great idea for a game. The idea of everyone' psychics as a level. All of them original. I feel in love with the Milkman's Conspiracy level because of the insane story. From the comedy dialogue to the quirky characters, the game was truly a hidden gem of its time. I am happy that I got a chance to play it, when no one else did. *hipster shades*

2. Prince of Persia : The Sands of Time - Before the horrible movie adaptation by Disney, it was first a great platformer with a gimmick to reverse time. My younger self was heavily into platformer, however, they did not challenge my skills as well as Prince of Persia. Especially the first boss fight! I did struggle for many hours, but I felt satisfied when I completed it! It marked a wonderful memory in my gaming journey.

3. Pikimin - Previously, I never experienced a game where you can fail. I did fail. In my first play-through of the game, I was not able to get the necessary parts for a successful launch and Olimar died. I was more determined than ever to meet the requirements for a good ending. In my second try, I did just that. I do feel that more games need these type of endings in order to motivate players to strife and learn the game. It may have not been difficult, but it certainly changed me.\

4. The Legend of Zelda : WInd Waker - As much crap this game got for being different. I loved it. In fact, I place it higher than Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past. From the art style of the game to just roaming the sea. It was such a fun game. It is my number one Zelda game and will remain that way until Nintendo can prove me wrong.

5. Bastion - There have been plenty essays, topics, and paragraphs. Here is mines.

"I" is for In Case of Trouble.

6. Pokemon (Red, Blue, and Yellow) - My childhood memories are often hold dear to these games. I spend countless hours battling my brothers. Yes, it is old, yes it does show its age, however, I always go back to it just to have a great time. It will remain as a staple of my gaming resume. Never did catch them all though.

7. Persona 4 - One of the newest addition to my top 10! I hardly ever play a JRPG and RPGs in general, however, Persona 4 story is simply amazing! The characters are what really bought the story to life. Having already beaten it and watched the entire anime, I loved it! I can see why people can get carried away over on this game. I will not ruin the experience, but the story is lovely and will suck your battery life as well as your time.

8. Lone Survivor - I felt more terrified in this game than I did in Amnesia. I believe it was the great unknown and not being able to make clear decision in your first play-through that makes it terrifying. Although I have beaten the game several times, I still enjoy it. It is always in your head.

9. Megaman X - Going back to old school! I never did like Megaman, however, this game changed my mind. If you haven't watched Egoraptor's review on why this game is so fucking fantastic, then you should devout a good twenty minutes today and laugh. I do have a little story to share with this particular game. My brother was (and still is) an advent fanboy of megaman. When my mother gave away our Snes to our neighbor. He was so upset, regardless of the fact we just got the N64 for Christmas. My brother really did love that game.

10. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 - When I was going through my skate-punk phase, I played a lot of Tony Hawk on those dreadfully hot summer days. The music in that game is so amazing as well as the trick system.

I know I haven't wrote an entire essay on why I love these games, but I tend to keep my wording short.

Thank you for doing this giveway and may everyone have the best of luck! =\^w^/=

SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wasabicurry: Hey man, it'd totally rad of you to list the order of the games you want. Just so that I can give out something somebody wants rather than picking blindly and going "sure, you get TW Battles."

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Oh god, please take this Bastion code anyone:

JBMIF-9A7LD-JRR69

WasabiCurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@siroptimusprime: Oh, if you needed an order of importance here is my dream list. :3

1. Darksiders

2. Empire: Total War

3. Total War Battles: Shougun

4. Medieval II: Total War - Gold

5. Red Faction: Guerrilla

6. Rome: Total War Gold + Alexander (will only giveaway in bundle)

FcsElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My 10 Best Game Are :

1- Dead Space 2 : the story , the atmosphere and the soundtrack are what draw me to this game , do not like the first one much

2- Resistance 3 : The 12 gun which you can have at the same time i just thrilling and large battles and boss fight also.

3- Rise of Nation: it is considered to me the last old style RTS game. along side Age of Empire.

4- Age of Empire : 1,2. : these where i started my love RTs gaming , still Rise of nation was second RTS game and better in my opinion.

5- Finale Fantasy XII (PS2) this the first i played, and i conisder better than X and the games before it .

Medieval II : Total War. Is one of the best game for me especially since i love medieval games more than the new ones.

6- Medal of Honor : Breakthrough Demo : you may be suprised why did i chose the demo and not the full game is because when i entered the Pc world(i was console gamer before) i used to play this game for more than 10 hours a day from 2007 to 2011 where i entered college and many people left the game , but still there a few people and 12 server to play on. In This game i learned how to write in English since we use to chat long hours . No level up system is in that game and yet we used to play it more than BF3 and COD games in recent time.

7- Uncharted 3: The cinematic experience is the best thing in this game i do not like MP but the singleplayer is one of the best i have seen in recent memory.

8- Bastion : it is great indie game , narrtive and so on also it our former Review in Gamespot worked on it

9- Dragonball budokia 3 (PS2): i am love play that game for hours and it the only game that namco did right. and also Dragonball is me best anime.

10 : Deus Ex :Human Revolution : that game is the a beast with it is say 12 endings and it is cyber settings.

Games i want to win in order:

1-Empire : Total War

2-Medieval II : Total War Gold

3-Red Faction: Guerrilla

4- Rome: Total War Gold + Alexander (will only giveaway in bundle)

5- Total War Battles: Shogun

6- Darksiders

SalahDin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best game : 1- Deus Ex 2- Bioshock infinie 3- Cod 4 , 4- Assasins creed, 5- Battlefield 3 ,6- Dragonball burst limit, 7- Naruto storm ninja , 8- GT5 , 9- Empire Total war, 10 - mafia

My order will be :

1- Medieval 2 : Total war gold

2- Empire : Total War.

3- red faction guerrila

4- Rome Total war and it is expension

5- Shougun : total war

6- darksiders.

are you going to award the each one game randomly or you are going to pick random of all entry then give each their first choise if no one has taken it .

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@siroptimusprime: my top 10 favourite games:

Mirror's Edge (loved the environment and art style, let alone the parkour)

Grim Fandango (one of the best all time point and click adventure games - features loveable characters and brilliant voice acting)

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (also one of the best all time point and click adventure games - it's Indy!)

NBA 2K11 (it brought me back into the sport of basketball, which I stopped watching a long time ago)

Fight Night Champion (pretty good storyline - love the boxing mechanics - timing is everything! Also like legacy mode - you can even put your face on your boxer's face!)

Tomb Raider (the new one - just everything about this game is awesome... atmosphere, animations, gameplay... it's a great origin story)

Dirt 3 (I haven't played the other games in the series, but I like this one! I especially like watching my replays after a run - makes me want to watch more WRC)

Alpha Protocol (Underrated RPG-action game! Played through it about 2-3 times now, thinking of doing another run! Really hits the nail on the head [as far as I know] as to what it's like to be a spy.)

Marvel Ultimate Alliance (very fun beat-em up featuring some of my favourite comic book characters! There are mods out there too to add in even more! It's just a shame there isn't a way to put in new campaigns)

Star Wars Galaxies (before the devs screwed it up! - It was one of the best MMO's out there - open world, crafting, faction battling, commerce... it was fun being a part of the major pvp players on my server - always felt like you were part of something big. I also liked playing a spy/informant when that rolled around into the game engine... didn't like everything else they did to it though)

Thanks for the giveaway! The order I'd like to enter is:

1. Empire: Total War
  2. Medieval II: Total War Gold
  3. Rome: Total War Gold + Alexander

Yay!

Krockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Krockett

First Of all thanks man for the giveaway, I own Darksiders, and Red Faction. So with that said I'd really would love any of the others. The one I have my eye on is the first however.

Total War Battles: Shogun

Medieval II: Total War - Gold

Rome: Total War Gold + Alexander

Empire: Total War

SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

Dun sent out them there Steam codes.

G'night y'all. PM me if there's an issue with the code.

FcsElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FcsElite

did not win anything , anyway thank you