Sports Heckling

DavidPalmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DavidPalmer

I saw this series come on during march madness and I thought it was pretty funny. As someone who may or may not have yelled a few things at a sporting event, i like the tongue in cheek style that they film it in.

Seems like they are kind of making fun of the fact that hecklers think they can change the game, haha..

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By oldschool

In Australia we have taken heckling to a new level.  I remember a Australian Rules Football match in Sydney, where Sydney had a chunky full forward (Tony Lockett).  The smuggle a pig into the 30,000 crowd, in a  bag, had Tony Lockett's name on it and set it loose on the field.  It was a scream watching the players and staff try to catch it.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By c1337us
oldschool said:
"In Australia we have taken heckling to a new level.  I remember a Australian Rules Football match in Sydney, where Sydney had a chunky full forward (Tony Lockett).  The smuggle a pig into the 30,000 crowd, in a  bag, had Tony Lockett's name on it and set it loose on the field.  It was a scream watching the players and staff try to catch it."
That was a classic. I dont think Plugga was even at that game though was he?

I have been to a couple of cricket matches at the WACA were portly players hidden in the field out at fine leg had sausage rolls and other food stuffs thrown at them. I remember one NSW vs WA match where they had to remove Shaun Bradstreet from the field lol. The WACA also has a checkered history of crowd involvement going over the line. There was of course that famous instance where a pitch invader decked Terry Alderman and did damage to his shoulder in such a way it ended his career. And in a similar instance I was at a game about 3-4 seasons ago at half time between innings at a state game there was a mascot dressed up as a beer can of a sponsor and some jumped the fense and spear tackled him and layed him out, it was the one of the funniest things I have ever seen.