StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By StaticFalconar

Hey Giant Bombers,

Just wanted to know how you guys feel about internet pranks?
These are rickrollings (of course), and scary pop ups where they try to make you focus on something just to break your attention with a disturbing picture and scream.

Personally, good, only if somebody I know is trying to prank me personally (an act between friends).
But FN stupid when I was seriously trying to search something else.

The fine line for me is a prank is between friends i know and can punch in the arm after they prank me; but the same act on random people is just borderline scamming people.

Yit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Yit

Scamming? Only if you have to pay for it.

I'm not a fan of them, just because I'm skittish and a pansy, but still. Rickrolls are always kind of humorous, mostly due to the fact that that song just makes me smile.

In general, online pranks, which are generally harmless, are quite entertaining.

thanatos990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By thanatos990

scamming and pranking are different

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By StaticFalconar
thanatos990 said:
"scamming and pranking are different"
Yit said:
"Scamming? Only if you have to pay for it.

I'm not a fan of them, just because I'm skittish and a pansy, but still. Rickrolls are always kind of humorous, mostly due to the fact that that song just makes me smile.

In general, online pranks, which are generally harmless, are quite entertaining."
Ok the actual outcome maybe since scamming involves me losing money usually, but the mentality is the same. You got some jerk that has the excuse of doing something for lols and tries to defend themselves by saying it was your fault for falling for the trick. That is the same line the scammers use; "hey you were the one that was dumb enough to fall for it..."

Point is, on Halloween I expect scary shit around. On April 1st, I wouln't be pissed off if someone pranked me. But that is because I know generally whats going on and expect it therefore I will enjoy it. The screaming pop up usually have you trying to concentrate on something and then just prank you.

If I play Deadspace, I expect things to pop out of nowhere, so i enjoy it. If I order a spicy hotdog I know it will be spicy, so i enjoy it. But if i want to play Madden and instead get sceaming pop ups, thats not cool. If I order a regular hotdog and upon the first bite I go running for water not expecting it, thats not cool.

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Clean

i'm not a fan of www.moldymen.com......don't make the same mistake I did