#1 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

"A group of explorers make use of a newly discovered wormhole to surpass the limitations on human space travel and conquer the vast distances involved in an interstellar voyage."

Looked through the forums, didn't see anyone post this up yet. There's a lot of secrecy involved with the movies plot, but from the tiny bits we have it seems to be shaping to be a sort of "Inception in Space"

As far as I can tell, (even with really nothing to go besides track records) Christopher Nolan is looking to hit this one out of the ball park, and I couldn't be more excited.

How does it look to everyone else?

#2 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (263 posts) -

This looks almost entirely made up of stock footage so it's hard to say whether this will be good. I didn't really like his Bat stuff but this looks like a return to the kinds of films he used to make. I really enjoyed his first couple films and Batman Begins. Hopefully it's good.

#3 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

This looks almost entirely made up of stock footage so it's hard to say whether this will be good. I didn't really like his Bat stuff but this looks like a return to the kinds of films he used to make. I really enjoyed his first couple films and Batman Begins. Hopefully it's good.

Yeah it's almost entirely stock footage which is why it's being labeled as a teaser. Movie doesn't come until November 2014.

#4 Edited by Pirsig (55 posts) -

I'm a sucker for space anything, sign me up. Too bad there's nothing here to go on to tell whether it'll be any good or not, but Nolan has a great track record, so yeah.

#5 Posted by HatKing (5812 posts) -

I'm in the small group of people who isn't really on Nolan's dick all the time. Some of his work has been pretty great (Memento, and uhm... Memento). I mean, he's generally entertaining, as long as he's not in the way of himself too much. This looks like it has potential. But I'm a sucker for space shit.

#6 Posted by TheHT (10871 posts) -

Yup. I will watch that movie.

#7 Posted by Disaya (283 posts) -

Inception in space sounds good to me. It didn't really show anything but it sounds good so far and space stuff is always good.

#8 Posted by bigjeffrey (4774 posts) -

I really really like Inception

#9 Posted by Bobstar (310 posts) -

Really excited for this movie.

#10 Edited by Daneian (1207 posts) -

Please let this be the movie that restores my incredibly shaken faith in Nolan.

#11 Posted by Roger778 (953 posts) -

@daneian:

I have complete faith in Nolan. I loved his Batman trilogy, and also Inception.

#12 Posted by Humanity (8801 posts) -

Really looking forward to snapping this on the side when doing whatever on the XBO.

#13 Posted by mlarrabee (2885 posts) -

I'm starting to feel like the only person who doesn't backpedal on what they enjoy without good reason.

Despite Matthew, I'm interested. Hey, maybe this'll even be his vehicle.

#14 Edited by ZolRoyce (627 posts) -

I loved Inception, I loved the Batmans, as many others here I am a sucker for space stuff as well. So the guy who made 4 movies I love making a movie that as so far comes off as a love letter to space exploration?
Yeah I'm just about as hyped up as I can get.
Also John Lithgow and Micheal Cain are in it! I mean c'mon! Throw those two together in even a shit movie and I'd watch it just to see them interact, heck, Anne Hathaway is there too, that's just icing on this sweet as sugar cake already.

#15 Posted by GnaTSoL (791 posts) -

Man you enjoyed Begins but not the sequels..... Wow, I'm having a hard time processing that. :P

Bane and Joker were too good.

#16 Posted by Devil240Z (3261 posts) -

@zolroyce: I was going to say something negative but if john lithgow is in it then i'm in!

#17 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3733 posts) -

Anything Nolan directs will get a watch from me so this is no different. Definitely a teaser but I'd love to see him do a sci-fi movie so I'm very much in.

#18 Edited by jkz (4002 posts) -

Hrm, that didn't tell me much of anything, but I didn't expect it to. I'd probably watch whatever next Nolan puts out at some point regardless; I still love Memento (and to a degree Batman Begins) enough that I'll give most of his films a chance. Inception was pretty fun at least.

#19 Posted by Microshock (341 posts) -

Christopher Nolan has been on a downward curve lately. TDKR wasn't a good movie and Man of Steel (which he helped produce) wasn't that good either. But I hear that they had jets with cameras mounted on their nose for this movie so that's cool.

#20 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3733 posts) -

Oh god I see Nolan is in "Bioshock Infinite/GTA IV" esque territory now.

#21 Posted by Dethfish (3625 posts) -

We need more good space movies

#22 Posted by Hawkerace (274 posts) -

Mathew mick kanna hay

#23 Edited by BaneFireLord (2909 posts) -

Uh...what?

#24 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3733 posts) -

@banefirelord said:

@artisanbreads said:

Uh...what?

A bunch of people come out of the woodwork to say GTA IV/Bioshock Infinite/Nolan movies are awful on forums when they're very popular and well received in reality.

#25 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5214 posts) -

That definitely sounds like a movie I would watch. I've generally liked Nolan's stuff, so I'm down for this.

#26 Posted by csl316 (8086 posts) -

For trailers this week, I thought Jupiter Ascending looked amazing.

For this, well... let's see what it actually is.

#27 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2479 posts) -

#28 Edited by RonGalaxy (2868 posts) -

The overall theme/vibe of the teaser has given the movie some decent pre-release potential.

I like most of Nolans stuff, I like films set in rural America (love the scenery, iconography, tone, etc that facet of American culture gives off). That paired with space travel is a, possible, winning combination

The thing that's keeping me weary is Matthew Mcconaughey. I don't hate his acting, but I'm not ecstatic about it. He's definitely hit or miss. Though, lately he's had a string of, seemingly, good performances.

Also, getting a slight Terrence Malick vibe from the teaser. Whether that rubs off onto the finished product is yet to be seen. I'm pretty sure Nolan is a fan of his work.

#29 Posted by Strife777 (1500 posts) -

Hey, it's Christopher Nolan, so I'm in.

Space too, so I'm most definitely in.

#30 Posted by Random45 (1043 posts) -

Should have used this song in the trailer:

#31 Posted by Quarters (1628 posts) -

That was some hot music. Always down for some Hans Zimmer jams, especially along the Inception more modern variety.

#32 Edited by JayEH (516 posts) -

Inception was one of my favorite movies of all time and I really like the Batman films so I'm really looking forward to Nolan's next film. I actually liked the mystery behind the trailer. One reason why I liked Inception so much was that I had almost no idea what that film was about when I saw it in theaters.

Edit: Memento was good too.

#33 Posted by Microshock (341 posts) -

@banefirelord said:

@artisanbreads said:

Uh...what?

A bunch of people come out of the woodwork to say GTA IV/Bioshock Infinite/Nolan movies are awful on forums when they're very popular and well received in reality.

None of his movies are awful. The last two he was part of just weren't good.