The 10 best videogame characters

mildlyclever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By mildlyclever

So I made this list a while ago.  Its pretty obvious I love villains.  Don't judge.  Next to everyone will be a short description on why the character is awesome. 

10.  Mega Man - Mega Man series - Honestly, how can you not love him?  He's a robot that shoots lasers.  A simple, but well done concept that created one of the most recognizable video game characters ever.

9. Tom Nook - Animal Crossing series - I don't love him in the games.  I love him for what he's become.  What WE'VE made him in essence.  From the most cutesy animal character to a leg breaking "legitimate businessman".  Tom Nook has become a meme my friend.

8.  The Beauty and the Beast unit - Metal Gear Solid 4 -This part is probably where you begin to doubt my sanity.  That is completely 100% justified.  I just think you need to know, I'm a sucker for tragic backstories, and that was the entire point of the beauty and the beast unit.  But yeah, this is the turning point of the list, into the part that makes you go WTF.

7.  Tingle - Legend of Zelda series - How can you not love him?

6.  Frog - Chrono Trigger - From the moment he first appeared, speaking in old English, while his amazing theme song played in the background, I knew I'd love him.  Underneath his slimy, green, exterior, lied a heart of gold.  This character, who appears at first to be just a gimmicky, incredibly strong character turned out to have layers of personality and a great story arc.

5.  The Boss - Metal Gear Solid 3 - This is the point I can't reveal why the character is so awesome without revealing any spoilers.  I"ll try to give a brief description.  She was your old mentor, who defected to the side of the rebels, which had nuclear weapons, and planned to take over the world with them, or something like that.  At the end of the game, you'll find out the truth about her, which made her a very interesting character.

4.  Scorpion - Mortal Kombat Series - From his easy to master fighting style, to his gruff voice shouting "Get over here!" There's no way not to love him.  One thing I personally enjoy about him is his backstory, which might seem a bit plain now.  He was a warrior who was manipulated to get the same thing as his rival, subzero, by the main villain, and was killed by sub zero.  He then was allowed to be brought back to life to kill his old rival, which he did.  There's a lot more, but that's all I can remember before the Mortal Kombat storyline becomes a tangled mess

3.  Revolver Ocelot - Metal Gear Solid Series - Revolver Ocelot is one of the most complex and interesting characters ever to grace my TV screen.  The entire time you play the games he's in, you can never tell who he's loyal to, and what his real motives are.  In metal gear solid 1, he appears relatively simple, appearing as the right hand man and torturer of the main villain.  During the second, his role is expanded, involving a huge conspiracy with the patriots.  In the third, you meet him while he was still a young child and his skills are just developing.  In the fourth game, he takes his most interesting role yet, as a combination of Liquid snake and Revolver Ocelot, known as Liquid Ocelot.

2.  Luca Blight - Suikoden II - I probably won't be able to write much about Luca Blight because its been a LONG time since I've played Suikoden 2.  Regardless, he stood out as  one of the more interesting villains I've had the chance to kill.  I wish I had more to say on his awesomeness, but sadly, I don't.

1.  Kefka Pallazzo - Final Fantasy VI - I probably didn't spell his last name right, but I really don't care in the least because you should be able to tell who he is.  Kefka was the main villain of Final Fantasy VI, and you could tell that he was a great one by the first time he was introduced and you heard his nefarious laugh.  Throughout the course of the story, Kefka goes mad with his own power and kills quite a few characters that seem to be important.  Oh yeah, I don't know if I mentioned this, but HE SUCCEEDED IN DESTROYING THE ENTIRE WORLD, some that most villains only dream of.  Kefka excels in all categories as a villain, and as a rich, deep, character, which is why he takes the number 1 spot on this list.

Okay, so that's the list.  Feel free to love/hate/spam it relentlessly.

mildlyclever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mildlyclever

So I made this list a while ago.  Its pretty obvious I love villains.  Don't judge.  Next to everyone will be a short description on why the character is awesome. 

10.  Mega Man - Mega Man series - Honestly, how can you not love him?  He's a robot that shoots lasers.  A simple, but well done concept that created one of the most recognizable video game characters ever.

9. Tom Nook - Animal Crossing series - I don't love him in the games.  I love him for what he's become.  What WE'VE made him in essence.  From the most cutesy animal character to a leg breaking "legitimate businessman".  Tom Nook has become a meme my friend.

8.  The Beauty and the Beast unit - Metal Gear Solid 4 -This part is probably where you begin to doubt my sanity.  That is completely 100% justified.  I just think you need to know, I'm a sucker for tragic backstories, and that was the entire point of the beauty and the beast unit.  But yeah, this is the turning point of the list, into the part that makes you go WTF.

7.  Tingle - Legend of Zelda series - How can you not love him?

6.  Frog - Chrono Trigger - From the moment he first appeared, speaking in old English, while his amazing theme song played in the background, I knew I'd love him.  Underneath his slimy, green, exterior, lied a heart of gold.  This character, who appears at first to be just a gimmicky, incredibly strong character turned out to have layers of personality and a great story arc.

5.  The Boss - Metal Gear Solid 3 - This is the point I can't reveal why the character is so awesome without revealing any spoilers.  I"ll try to give a brief description.  She was your old mentor, who defected to the side of the rebels, which had nuclear weapons, and planned to take over the world with them, or something like that.  At the end of the game, you'll find out the truth about her, which made her a very interesting character.

4.  Scorpion - Mortal Kombat Series - From his easy to master fighting style, to his gruff voice shouting "Get over here!" There's no way not to love him.  One thing I personally enjoy about him is his backstory, which might seem a bit plain now.  He was a warrior who was manipulated to get the same thing as his rival, subzero, by the main villain, and was killed by sub zero.  He then was allowed to be brought back to life to kill his old rival, which he did.  There's a lot more, but that's all I can remember before the Mortal Kombat storyline becomes a tangled mess

3.  Revolver Ocelot - Metal Gear Solid Series - Revolver Ocelot is one of the most complex and interesting characters ever to grace my TV screen.  The entire time you play the games he's in, you can never tell who he's loyal to, and what his real motives are.  In metal gear solid 1, he appears relatively simple, appearing as the right hand man and torturer of the main villain.  During the second, his role is expanded, involving a huge conspiracy with the patriots.  In the third, you meet him while he was still a young child and his skills are just developing.  In the fourth game, he takes his most interesting role yet, as a combination of Liquid snake and Revolver Ocelot, known as Liquid Ocelot.

2.  Luca Blight - Suikoden II - I probably won't be able to write much about Luca Blight because its been a LONG time since I've played Suikoden 2.  Regardless, he stood out as  one of the more interesting villains I've had the chance to kill.  I wish I had more to say on his awesomeness, but sadly, I don't.

1.  Kefka Pallazzo - Final Fantasy VI - I probably didn't spell his last name right, but I really don't care in the least because you should be able to tell who he is.  Kefka was the main villain of Final Fantasy VI, and you could tell that he was a great one by the first time he was introduced and you heard his nefarious laugh.  Throughout the course of the story, Kefka goes mad with his own power and kills quite a few characters that seem to be important.  Oh yeah, I don't know if I mentioned this, but HE SUCCEEDED IN DESTROYING THE ENTIRE WORLD, some that most villains only dream of.  Kefka excels in all categories as a villain, and as a rich, deep, character, which is why he takes the number 1 spot on this list.

Okay, so that's the list.  Feel free to love/hate/spam it relentlessly.

Avatar image for randominternetperson
RandomInternetPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

O  O
    I 
   X

Avatar image for deactivated-5b6c667dde711
deactivated-5b6c667dde711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

Megaman seems a bit out of place compared to the reasons you've listed for the others on the list, personally. A lot of these I can agree with, although I'd love to see Junpei or someone like Agent York in there somewhere. It's your list though. :P

(you should use the Giantbomb list function, although I can understand why you'd choose to do this instead to promote discussion)

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Ace829

I knew from your avatar that Kefka would be number one. XD
Also, nice list although the absence of Yuri Lowell saddens me.

SlowHands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By SlowHands
@mildlyclever said:
" 7.  Tingle - Legend of Zelda series - How can you not love him? "
Easily.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By Tireyo
@SlowHands said:
" @mildlyclever said:
" 7.  Tingle - Legend of Zelda series - How can you not love him? "
Easily. "
tooPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By tooPrime

This list is a little random but not bad or anything, but in general "best game character" list drive me crazy, because people always pick terrible characters that are in good games.  Like Mario and Link can't even talk, yet everyone likes them.  They're not deep or interesting or have any personality.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Gabriel

WTF you put the beauty and beast unit over Cobra or Foxhound?