The Duplicator - Hilarious parody, please check it out!

ltcoljaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ltcoljaxson

I posted this over at Comic Vine to get no response, there seems to be a lack of community over there!

For a class (MTP student at Western U/Fanshawe, joint degree/diploma) I had to create a sketch that was based off a comic strip. I found a well known Calvin and Hobbes strip called the Duplicator. Before I go on, I'll just post it here.

No Caption Provided

Now the video requirements were for me to make a video between 2-3 minutes. They say the industry standard is Final Cut Pro, but it renders rather slowly at the school so I didn't get the effect I wanted. Instead for this YouTube edit I made it in Sony Vegas Pro 9 - a superior program in my opinion.  I just used a couple of friends to act in this, while I set up the camera and lights. The lights we had trouble with as I did not have an extension cord at the time, nor a lighting stand so a bit of shadow appears. Not really terrible enough to degrade the quality of content though - I hope some of you can enjoy it!

I'd really appreciate some objective feedback if someone is able to! Just leave a comment if you like it, any views I can get are supportive and a subscription on my channel would be great. Thanks so much users of GiantBomb, I hope you are a bit more welcoming of it than those at ComicVine.