The Giantbomb Cookbook Thread!!

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Tireyo

Share how you make your favorite foods with the Giantbomb community!!

Butter Cream Icing

1/4 cup butter
1 tsp. vanilla
4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
Milk or water

Mix the first 3 ingredients together, and then add milk or water until desired consistency. If it doesn’t turn out like you want it or others want it, make no apologies.

Diabetic Chocolate / White Cake

Box of cake mix
A can of diet coke for chocolate / A can of diet orange soda for white
Nonstick spray 

Preheat oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix the first two ingredients above at low speed for 30 seconds, then 2 minutes mixed on medium. Spray cake pan lightly with non-stick spray. Pour mixture in the cake pan. Make sure the mixture appears smooth and even before you stick it in oven. Shaking the pan, and slamming the pan on the counter (Don't be too rough with the pan!!) usually does the trick. Stick pan in the oven on middle rack for about 29 - 34 minutes. (Depends on your oven) Check with a tooth pick or fork. Make sure there isn’t anything left behind on the fork or pick. When done cooking, let it cool until it’s really cold. If your pan doesn’t have a lid, and if you want to take cake out of the pan you cooked it in, flip cake over on another cake pan that has a lid so you can preserve your creation. Add your icing of choice. Butter cream icing goes well with white cake.

*Depending on what cake mix you buy might determine how you cook the cake at a certain temperature within a certain amount of time. So read the directions on the back of the cake mix you buy to figure out what temperature you set it on and how long you cook the cake. I use Betty Crocker cake mix.

Avatar image for organicalistic_
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Organicalistic_

LMAO, ok

grilled pb & j 

make it like you do grilled cheese, but with pb and j instead

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By DanielJW

I like that diabetics are already represented in this thread. You have my approval. 

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Tireyo
@DanielJW:  My parent's are diabetics, so I'm used to making diabetic desserts mostly.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By crusader8463

The Totton Dog

aka. The Greatest Hot Dog Ever

WARNING:After eating this hot dog you CAN-NOT go back to just eating a normal hot dog again. They are that good. You have been warned.

1: Cook 1 full length slice of bacon for each hot dog in a frying pan.
2: While the bacon is cooking, lightly butter the out sides of your buns as you would when making grilled cheese.
3: Drain the grease from the frying pan, but don't clean it out. Make sure there is a light lair of the bacon grease left. This is for flavoring.
4: Set your hot dogs on a flat surface and cut them down the middle, length wise, so that they make a V shape when done.
5: Flip them over so that the insides are flat down into the frying pan.
6: Continue to cook them, flipping as needed, until they are browned as desired.
7: While at the same time you are cooking the hot dogs place the buns onto a separate frying pan. Toast as desired.
8: At this point both the buns and the hot dog's should be done cooking.
9: Place the buns on a plate and place the hot dogs onto the buns with the V shape facing up.
10: Place the strip of bacon into the middle of the V shape, and then place what ever toppings you enjoy on top.

I personally recommend thinly sliced, or grated, brick cheese, with hot dog relish and a light mustard as toppings.

And that is how you make the greatest hot dog EVER! Seriously it is like an orgasm in your mouth the first time you eat one of these things. I invented this recipe while sitting at home one day craving a whistle dog from A&W, but i didn't have a way to get their. Nor the money. Now when ever I eat a hot dog that's not cooked like this, it just doesn't live up. I spoiled my taste buds!

Never trust a skinny cooks food, or a skinny persons opinion of how food tastes.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Video_Game_King

My normal diet:

Open food, shove in microwave. Cook until edible :P.

cooperfoyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By cooperfoyt
@crusader8463: I am saving this incredible recipe for the rest of my life. Wowowow
kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kmdrkul

Pizza Rolls

1. Obtain pizza rolls
  2. Follow directions on packaging
  3. ????
  4. Profit
JellyFish_Gsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By JellyFish_Gsus

This Plus any fast food
 This Plus any fast food
Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#10  Edited By Marino  Staff

PLUS 

s7evn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By s7evn

I don't have any recipes memorized. 
The best I could do is throw a bunch of vegetables and your choice of meat into a pan over a wok and stir fry it with some teriyaki. 

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Osaladin

Four cheese penne pasta with chicken and black beans. 
 Pasta Part:
1. Boil Water 
2. Add Penne Pasta, cook for around 12 minutes for al-dente taste. 
3. Strain Pasta and return to pot. 
4. Put stove on low heat and add 4 cheese pasta sauce (I use hunt's)  
5. Add 1/4 - 1/2 a small can of tomato paste.
6. Add 2 cans of black beans 
7. Add Spicy Velveeta cheese (can also use cheddar and monterey jack) 
8. Season to liking (I add rosemary, cajun, basil, parsley, cracked black pepper, cracked sea salt, mrs. dash, olive oil) 

Chicken Part: 
1. Bring olive oil to medium heat in a pan. 
2. add thawed chicken breast, preferably cut in slices. (I use 2 chicken breasts) 
3. Season to liking (Cracked sea salt, cracked black peper, cajun seasoning, rosemary) 
4. Cook until the chicken is tender and completely cooked on the inside. 

Pasta and Chicken Part: 
1. Add chicken to pot with everything mentioned above. 
2. Stir until the cheese has been melted and the sauce is thick and sticky (no jokes) 
3. Serve and enjoy.

destruktive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By destruktive

so. it's called how to cook a bomb?

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By turboman

Ok, so this is a video I made a long time ago for GameSpot.... I expect it to end the thread completely. 

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Daveyo520

A Snider Sunrise 
1 Part Whiskey 
0 Parts Rum 

When finished drink more whiskey.
benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By benpack

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/spinach-and-bacon-quiche-recipe/index.html
This, but cheddar instead of swiss.

spacetrucking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By spacetrucking

I don't know what to call this recipe but it's a simple and easy way to cook fish nuggets with a lot of veggies. It goes well with steamed rice. It serves 2 people.

• A pound of cut Catfish nuggets (you can use any kind of cut fish really - I found that tilapia works well too)
  • Two stalks of  cut celery (try to cut it small, celery cooks really slowly if you don't cut it right)
  • A couple of cut carrots 
  • One cut bell pepper (or any kind of capsicum will do) 
  • One finely cut jalapeño 
  • One spoon garlic/ginger paste (garlic powder is a good substitute)
  • Salt and pepper for taste.

Add water to the cut celery and put it in the microwave for 2 min. This softens the celery and makes it easier to cook. Throw away the water when it's done. Mix all the cut vegetables with the fish and garlic paste in a bowl. Let it marinate for a min or two. Heat the pan with one spoon of olive oil for a min (you don't need a lot of oil for this recipe as the fish nuggets tend to exude a little water while cooking). Now pour all the ingredients on the pan. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let it cook on medium flame for 6-7 mins. Preferably keep a lid on the pan for better taste. Keep stirring it after every couple of mins. It's done when the fish turns white.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By crusader8463

Wish I had more to add, but sadly most of my cooking consist of:

1. Open package.
  2. Read instructions on back.
  3. Put in microwave.
  4. Eat.
Or.
  1. Open package.
  2. Read instructional on back.
  3. Put on stove/in oven.
  4. Eat.

The only other things I can think of are adding chocolate chips to rice crispy squares, or adding chocolate syrup into pancake batter before cooking it. The closest thing I have is my spaghetti sauce, but that's nothing most people dont do already. I think any way.

Totton Family Spaghetti/Lasagna Sauce

1. Cook a half pound of hamburger in a frying pan.
  2. When the hamburger is done cooking reduce heat to a low setting, drain the pan of it's grease and set aside.
  3. In a separate pan, or after cleaning the one used to cook the hamburger in, add in a mixture of chopped pepperoni, salami, bacon, sausage and any other meats you enjoy. Continue to cook until lightly browned or the sauce has been heated.
  4. While the meats are cooking grab a bowl of some kind and Add 2 can of tomato soup, 1 can of crushed/whole tomatoes, of what ever spice you like, and 1 can of tomato paste. You may add two cans of tomato paste if you want a thicker sauce.
  5. Crush the whole tomatoes into desired size and stir together until desired consistency. 
  6. Place the now mixed tomato soups into a pot and heat on a medium to low setting until desired temperature.
  7. At this point you can ether add the mixture of meats in the frying pan into the sauce, or continue cooking until the sauce has been heated to a desired temperature.
  8. When the two have been mixed and are heated to a desired temperature you can then pour it over your spaghetti noodles or what ever noodle you have chosen.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Tireyo
@crusader8463:  You must be another Gordan Ramsay or Julia Child in male form. = - P
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By crusader8463
@Tireyo643 said:
" @crusader8463:  You must be another Gordan Ramsay or Julia Child in male form. = - P "
I don't know what that means but I will take it as a compliment. lol
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ninjakiller

Chicken Chili

4 thawed chicken breasts 
olive oil 
butter
salt 
pepper
onions
red bell pepper
2 green bell peppers
1 can black beans
2 cans kidney beans
2 cans chopped tomatos
1 can tomato sauce
1 small can tomato paste
cumin
oregano
chili powder 
garlic powder
paprika
hot sauce
chili flakes

1. Cut the chicken breasts into 1 x 1 inch cubes.   Salt and pepper the chicken.
2. Get ceramic pot  to medium medium high heat.  Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1-2 tablespoons butter to the oil.  
3. Brown the chicken, don't overcrowd the pan, you want a deep golden to brown crust all the way around the pieces of chicken. 
4. Cut the veggies into similar sized pieces, a small to medium dice.  
5. Once chicken is browned and completely cooked remove and toss in a quarter cup tomato paste.  You may have to add more oil.
6. Cook the paste about five minutes then scrape it out onto the chicken.  You want to brown it, but not burn it. 
7. Add 1-2 tablespoons more oil toss in the veggies, you're looking to sweat these, not really brown them. Salt and pepper them.
8. Drain the beans in a collinder and rinse them well, the can juices are disgusting.  
9. Toss the beans in with the veggies and toss in the chicken and tomato paste, add the canned chopped tomatoes and tomato sauce as well.  Also add 2-4 cups of water, depending how thick you want this chili.
10. Now the seasoning, 1-2 teaspoons cumin(not too much this shit is strong).  1-2 tablespoons garlic powder, 1 tablespoon oregano, 2-3 tablespoons paprika, 2-3 tablespoons chili powder, 1/4 cup hot sauce (less or more depending how you like it), 1-2 teaspoons chili flakes. More salt and pepper to taste. 
11. Reduce heat to medium medium low and let simmer for about 30 minutes, Add more water if necessary, and check seasoning and adjust it.

Cook time: Aprox 1 hour 15 minutes total
Servings: 8-10  
Serve with crackers or corn chips and sour cream.

I know people from Texas wouldn't call this "real" chili, but I've been making it for years and everyone always loves it.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Tireyo
@crusader8463: Those two people I named are famous chefs.
illmatic19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By illmatic19

HUNGRY MAN!

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By crusader8463
@Tireyo643 said:
" @crusader8463: Those two people I named are famous chefs. "
I assumed as much but I wasn't sure.  I don't watch TV so I don't keep up with that kind of thing. lol
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ninjakiller
@illmatic19 said:
" HUNGRY MAN! "
That shit isn't food, it's poison.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Tireyo
@ninjakiller:  I'm sure the chili is pretty tasty, but it does seem very expensive to make.
Matterless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Matterless

Turkey Tacos Picadillo 

Ingredients:

• 3 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 12 hard taco shells (blue corn taco shells are a neat contrast)
  • 1 medium onion, chopped (1 cup)
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1/2 to 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded and minced
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 3/4 cup chopped canned tomatoes
  • 3/4 pound ground turkey
  • 1/3 cup chicken broth
  • 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped  

(Toppings)

1/4 head romaine or iceberg, thinly sliced
  • 3 ripe medium tomatoes, cored and diced
  • 1 to 2 avocados, diced
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
  • Sour cream
  • Black olives
  • Method:

Put the oil, onions, garlic, jalapeno, and spices in a medium skillet, season with salt and cook over medium to medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until tender, about 10 minutes. Increase the heat to medium-high, add the tomatoes and boil to thicken, about 2 minutes. Stir in the turkey and chicken broth, adjust the heat so the mixture simmers and cook until the turkey is cooked through and the mixture thickens but is not dry, about 12 minutes. Stir in cilantro and season with salt and pepper, to taste.  Fix yo tacos just like you like 'em.

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28  Edited By Suicrat

Upon first glance, I thought this was called "The Giant Bomb Cockblock thread", I checked it to see what-the-fuck and see some really creative and interesting recipes from some unexpected sources.

This is the greatest website ever.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29  Edited By MysteriousBob

MYSTERIOUS BOB'S BREAD ON BUTTER 

INGREDIENTS 
BREAD 
BUTTER 

1) GET BREAD 
2) BUTTER IT 
3) ENJOY!

Avatar image for thelawnwrangler
TheLawnWrangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheLawnWrangler

anyone know how to make a grilled charlie?