The Helghast and Kratos dominated my weekend! I liked it

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Edited By VWGTI

I didn't have much time to game this weekend due to family obligations such as graduations, birthdays, and of course, Father's Day. The little time I did have I spent finishing up Killzone 2 and playing God of War: Chains of Olympus from start to finish in one sitting. (Yikes!)

Thoughts on Killzone 2: What a nice looking game with terrible controls. I was eager to finish up the game I started back in February after hearing about the control patch they put out. If you ask me, that patch didn't did much to improve the game. I slogged through the last 3 or 4 missions in the game and other than the Mech part, I was fairly unimpressed. The final part in Killzone was both challenging and frustrating. I didn't have much patience waiting for the enemies to pop out of cover and being ambushed from all sides was just aggrivating. I just want to shoot enemies to hell and move on. It wasn't a bad game, and while the multiplayer sure is fun, I actually enjoyed COD:WAW a lot more.

Thoughts on GoW:CoO: This game was fantastic. It was rather short, hence me beating it in one sitting, but everything in it was top notch. The sound effects, the music, the graphics, and above all else, the gameplay. The game moves along at a brisk pace. I never once got tired or bored of what I was doing. Other than one "puzzle" involving a hidden passage on the side of a moving stair case, the game didn't give me much trouble. I'm not sure if the Guantlets of Zeus are over-powered or what, but once I got those the game got helluv easy. You can beat most enemies in 2-3 hits. They were pretty satisfying though!

I also took some time to hit up Best Buy where I picked up Transformers S1($20) and X-Men Origins: Wolverine($40). I haven't opened either as of yet, but I'm pretty excited about reliving my childhood watching Transformers again. Wolverine look alright and I'll get around to playing it eventually. I'm glad I got it on sale though.

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By VWGTI

I didn't have much time to game this weekend due to family obligations such as graduations, birthdays, and of course, Father's Day. The little time I did have I spent finishing up Killzone 2 and playing God of War: Chains of Olympus from start to finish in one sitting. (Yikes!)

Thoughts on Killzone 2: What a nice looking game with terrible controls. I was eager to finish up the game I started back in February after hearing about the control patch they put out. If you ask me, that patch didn't did much to improve the game. I slogged through the last 3 or 4 missions in the game and other than the Mech part, I was fairly unimpressed. The final part in Killzone was both challenging and frustrating. I didn't have much patience waiting for the enemies to pop out of cover and being ambushed from all sides was just aggrivating. I just want to shoot enemies to hell and move on. It wasn't a bad game, and while the multiplayer sure is fun, I actually enjoyed COD:WAW a lot more.

Thoughts on GoW:CoO: This game was fantastic. It was rather short, hence me beating it in one sitting, but everything in it was top notch. The sound effects, the music, the graphics, and above all else, the gameplay. The game moves along at a brisk pace. I never once got tired or bored of what I was doing. Other than one "puzzle" involving a hidden passage on the side of a moving stair case, the game didn't give me much trouble. I'm not sure if the Guantlets of Zeus are over-powered or what, but once I got those the game got helluv easy. You can beat most enemies in 2-3 hits. They were pretty satisfying though!

I also took some time to hit up Best Buy where I picked up Transformers S1($20) and X-Men Origins: Wolverine($40). I haven't opened either as of yet, but I'm pretty excited about reliving my childhood watching Transformers again. Wolverine look alright and I'll get around to playing it eventually. I'm glad I got it on sale though.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TwoOneFive
Your stragety for killing dude behind cover is pathetic, waiting for them to pop their head out is just noobish and time consuming. Why didn't you flank them?! Or try tossing grenades to force them out of hiding?

And if you played the multiplayer, how did you not get the latest update? it comes with a High Precision mode which would have eliminated you "hate" for the controls. 
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

Haven't played the full game of KZ2, but yeah in the demo the controls definatley look like they have a less than comforting learning curve, specially when involving cover, seems you have to use every finger to try n take cover, pop out and then go into fine-aim O.o.
Haven't played the full game of Wolverine either, but ive tryed the demo...yeah i'm a cheap bastard :P...annd it was fun, not worth the full price tag but for me personally theres not that many games out their that are.

Avatar image for DELETE_chickenpants
ChickenPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ChickenPants

Just because Killzone's controls are different doesn't make them terrible.