The Internet Destroyed Media (That's What's Called An "Opinion" )

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ververdan0226

At What Point Did Entertainment Media No Longer Become Fun?

A heavy topic, I know.  Please read through my post and make a case for your statements, not attack me or shrug it off by avoiding my subject.

I really can't do it any more, keeping up with these RSS feeds, following all this inane debates and inane comments that follow people doing their job and providing coverage for something they love or simply trying to earn a living. It's so hard to have a good time online anymore. Just looking at anything anybody writes anymore is absolutely disgusting. You have to avoid it, but it's unavoidable. Just one slip of the eye often has you wanting to off yourself. One or two of you may be be familiar with my recent rant on why hype, and many other factors, are destroying games media and this whole problem... it breaks my heart because the Internet is easily the most important technological advancement in history, easily, and it's so useful and does everything right. But what it does is that it brings out the worst in us, unlike magazines or print, where readers and writers were often quite isolated from one another. Everybody is pessimistic these days. We have to validate ourselves. Maybe this is a problem with humanity as a whole, and this probably shouldn't be discussed in a message board that I love because I know it might bring out the worst in some of you, but it bothers me. Am I romantic? Am I stupid and ignorant because I find I can't avoid the problems in humanity? Ya know what... probably the latter. Maybe I myself need to grow up and realize people are never  gonna  all share my sentiments, but I can't stand it like this. It's been exacerbated it to the point that I can't stand entertainment media because of the newly emerging sub-culture of idiocy that  surrounds it. And choose to discuss it like this with this you people... I don't kn ow.

I know at this point you're probably saying, "Well, ververdan0226, you dumb fuck, can't let that get to you. Just ignore that shit." But it's not that easy. The Internet is the lowest common denominator for humanity in history (a little hyperbolic, but you know what I mean, don't bring up stuff like the Holocaust...), simply because it has become a cesspool for all the comments people say to themselves in their heads, but would never say out loud. Everything on here, especially in entertainment media where diverging opinions are prevalent, is despicable. Everything's anonymous, no one's right and we can't accept that. Even I'm a victim of that in a sense, as I can't let myself simply get past these snags. Uggh, who knows. Maybe RSS feeds are for me after all.. they let me sidestep this shit. I wish it was as easy to avoid for me as it is for some of you possibly, but it's not. How did we get to this point? How did I get to this point where I simply can't grow up and get past it? I have no clue, and neither do you other people as well but at least my points of contention are trying to be (and maybe not succeeding to be) a little more noble.

Like I said in that blog, please don't lambaste me for whatever opinions I have and let's try and have an open and thoughtful discussion here. I'm a good individual. Most of you are too. Don't let this anonymity serve as a means of you lambasting me. We're civil. The Internet has changed media and brought us to this point.It's just disgusting to see what the majority of this has all become. I'm  a flawed individual and my opinion right here isn't right, but neither is yours. Get past it, enjoy life.

Too bad we no longer can. Rant done. I'm gone.