The Love of Garages - Is it Just Me?

skittles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By skittles

For some reason I really enjoy the concept of hanging out in a garage. I'm not sure what it is about them. Maybe it's that in a garage you can pretty much let yourself go. Doesn't matter if you spill food or drink on the floor, as it can be swept or hosed away the next day. Probably it's because of the thin line between shelter and the elements. I've always enjoyed looking out the window when there's a storm raging outside, I suppose in a garage that window is the size of a wall, and you can step freely in and out of it as you please. In a storm it increases your awareness of the chaos outside, and also your thanks for the shelter around you.

Ever since moving into my current house, which has a spacious two-car garage attached, I've wanted to hold a small party in it. I've already got a beer fridge there, and there's power points, so it wouldn't be difficult to move a small table down there to put my TV on, chuck my couch and a beanbag there as well, and hang out for a weekend playing games, eating junk and making full use of the fridge.

That being said, I do have a very nice lounge just upstairs which would be far warmer... I'm not sure anyone else will understand my love of chilling in garages. Am I the only one? o.O