Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By thomasriis1987

Hi everbody!

It's that simple :)

You know what day it is today?...

It’s anything can happen day!! (yeah, I know it’s supposed to be Wednesday, but who cares!?) - and we can change the internet!

Today I surfed the internet, and I got so, well – not frustrated, not angry – but a bit sad I guess. Everywhere I went, they werethere, the negative people.

Pick a site on the net, pick any news with a commentbox, they will be there. The negative people. But let’s not get angry at them and write angry things back – instead, you could comment on how cool their avatar is, how well their spelling is or … well, state an example and just plain ignore them.

If you are a negative user of the internet – do not fear, I’m here – and I’ll be here to help you.

It’s not that hard, you just have to remember some simple rules.

• #1 – if you don’t agree, explain why in a nice way.
  • #2 – if you can’t complete step 1, stop! Think! – and leave the page, people won’t hate you, and I’m sure karma will make sure your day gets better.
  • #3 – This is a though one, but I know you can do it… if you feel the urge to write something negative… write something positive. I know! It’s really tough, but if you practice step 1 and 2, you just might get there!

Some of you guys out there might think, I’m sarcastic or even negative myself, but that’s not true, not at all. Imagine if the internet was filled with positive energy, wouldn’t that be nice?

….

I’m just gonna let you think about that, and now! – you guys need to go comment stuff!

There is no need to be negative, angry or in any other kind of bad state of mind, you can be happy. Doesn’t it sound good? … Happy…

Do you wanna stay happy, follow my blog, or .. just follow me.

I love you all, have a terrific night (or day) – I know I will…

See ya (insert Smiley and thumbs up)    

thomasriis1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By thomasriis1987

Hi everbody!

You know what day it is today?...

It’s anything can happen day!! (yeah, I know it’s supposed to be Wednesday, but who cares!?) - and we can change the internet!

Today I surfed the internet, and I got so, well – not frustrated, not angry – but a bit sad I guess. Everywhere I went, they werethere, the negative people.

Pick a site on the net, pick any news with a commentbox, they will be there. The negative people. But let’s not get angry at them and write angry things back – instead, you could comment on how cool their avatar is, how well their spelling is or … well, state an example and just plain ignore them.

If you are a negative user of the internet – do not fear, I’m here – and I’ll be here to help you.

It’s not that hard, you just have to remember some simple rules.

• #1 – if you don’t agree, explain why in a nice way.
  • #2 – if you can’t complete step 1, stop! Think! – and leave the page, people won’t hate you, and I’m sure karma will make sure your day gets better.
  • #3 – This is a though one, but I know you can do it… if you feel the urge to write something negative… write something positive. I know! It’s really tough, but if you practice step 1 and 2, you just might get there!

Some of you guys out there might think, I’m sarcastic or even negative myself, but that’s not true, not at all. Imagine if the internet was filled with positive energy, wouldn’t that be nice?

….

I’m just gonna let you think about that, and now! – you guys need to go comment stuff!

There is no need to be negative, angry or in any other kind of bad state of mind, you can be happy. Doesn’t it sound good? … Happy…

Do you wanna stay happy, follow my blog, or .. just follow me.

I love you all, have a terrific night (or day) – I know I will…

See ya (insert Smiley and thumbs up)    

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By nintendoeats

Ia gree up to step 3. Sometimes negative things need to be said.  You canbnot replace "that statement is untrue"with something else. You will become less clear.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By WickedCestus

I'm always happy! But sometimes negative truths need to be said...

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Marcsman

Rules and bones are meant to be broken.

thomasriis1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By thomasriis1987
@nintendoeats:
I will refer to step 1 in that case . discussing, is not the same as being negative :)

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By melcene

Like the posts before me, I agree to an extent.  God knows that most of the time I can't stand reading comments on news articles because people are just jackasses. 

Now, generally, I'm a pretty upbeat person.  I normally do fairly well at not getting trollbaited, or at least not getting angry and raging at trollbaiters.  

That being said, you sir, are a carebear. 

Also, you are obviously male as you make no exception for PMSing.  Then again, everyone knows there are no girls on the interwebs.

thomasriis1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thomasriis1987
@melcene:
Carebear is the correct work! 
... and yes, i'm a male carebear
Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Akrid

I rely on people with bad temperaments to take care of the world for me. I'm sure if only the spineless people like myself were around issues would soon arise. Nice guys finish last, a strong opinion can propel you past your peers.

In discussion, eternally angry people can also lend a much more complete perspective on an issue. It's imperative that all negatives are voiced in equal measure to the positives.

thomasriis1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By thomasriis1987

@Akrid:
just because you are positive, doesn't mean you have to be spineless or unable to fight your battles. The world doesn't need negative people (in my opinion) - But i guess, that everyone has got their own perspective of the world ... and i respect that.    
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By MysteriousBob

This thread is the worst. I hope the OP fucking dies a slow and painful death. 

:D

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By luce

Anything to stop the snarky nonsense that plagues forums like these

thomasriis1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By thomasriis1987
@MysteriousBob:
Irony can indeed be positive
jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#13  Edited By jacksukeru

I usually try to do this actually...or I did... 

I can't remember if I do it anymore. It's though sometimes.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By AhmadMetallic

well life has negativity and obstacles and un-happiness and bullshit in it's DNA so you're just living in denial 

what the fuck is this shit ?

thomasriis1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By thomasriis1987

@Ahmad_Metallic:  
I beg to differ
@Raymayne:
I like your Avatar - Psycho is one of my favourite movies

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I try to keep it light. You have no idea how many times I've written out something really argumentative or bitchy and realized "Hey, maybe I really don't need to say that," and never posted it.

On the topic of your image though, I take issue with the whole holding doors thing. I have a friend who always holds doors. We're walking into Chipotle or whatever and he holds the door open such that I walk in first. It's so awkward and makes me feel weird. So once I call him out on it, and it was even more awkward. To keep this positive, let me phrase it as a lesson: Kids, don't hold doors for people like that. It's weird.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

God, door opening is horrible, I know I'm a lass and all that, but I can open my own doors, really guys! (and woop your ass at videogames, HA!)

There's lots of times where I didn't respond with negative stuff because I wouldn't want it happening in my topics either.
But some cases just deserve it or any related images!

Choi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Choi

Yeah, totally agree. I'm always nice on the web, just like real life. I don't look at it in a way that I'm anonymous and can do what ever I want. If I said my real name, I wouldn't have anything to be a shame of. 
If it's a logic of being a bastard to everyone that's a bastard to you, there wouldn't be any good people on the planet left.

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

" God, door opening is horrible, I know I'm a lass and all that, but I can open my own doors, really guys! (and woop your ass at videogames, HA!)  
It's more of a hold the door while going through them so you don't slam them in the other persons face kinda thing. It's not a chivalry thing, it's plain good manners. 
Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@Choi: 
It surely is, but it still annoys me at times! ;)
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By KaosAngel

Go to NeoGAF, all is well there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts