Traveling to USA

KongAllan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By KongAllan

So in about two weeks I will travel to USA for the first time, and I’m really exited! We will land in Chicago, then travel to Fort Worth, New Orleans, Memphis, Washington and then back to Chicago.

I know the route is a bit unusual but since we have some family along the way this is the way it’s going to be.

I have been searching a lot for sites to see along the way. The typical tourist sites are not that hard to find but I would also like to see some of the more of the things that might not be listed in all the tourist guides. Does anyone have any tips for sites that we should not miss? Any nice bars, restaurants, shops, nature spots, etc? Any bands touring in may in these areas in May, local or big?

I would also really like to see some sports but it seems that we will be there in a dead spot for all the sport seasons? Or am I wrong?

I’m so excited for the trip, it will be so great! And hopefully you guys can help me make it even better!

KongAllan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By KongAllan

So in about two weeks I will travel to USA for the first time, and I’m really exited! We will land in Chicago, then travel to Fort Worth, New Orleans, Memphis, Washington and then back to Chicago.

I know the route is a bit unusual but since we have some family along the way this is the way it’s going to be.

I have been searching a lot for sites to see along the way. The typical tourist sites are not that hard to find but I would also like to see some of the more of the things that might not be listed in all the tourist guides. Does anyone have any tips for sites that we should not miss? Any nice bars, restaurants, shops, nature spots, etc? Any bands touring in may in these areas in May, local or big?

I would also really like to see some sports but it seems that we will be there in a dead spot for all the sport seasons? Or am I wrong?

I’m so excited for the trip, it will be so great! And hopefully you guys can help me make it even better!

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By emkeighcameron

You should visit Cleveland, it's the best city in the U.S.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman
@emkeighcameron said:
" You should visit Cleveland, it's the best city in the U.S. "

Strife381

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Strife381

Love that fucking Vidoe!

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By mrfizzy
@JJWeatherman: i have never been to Cleveland, and i doubt i ever will, despite that, that video is still AMAZING!  
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ryanwho

It looks like you're going to be a couple days late for Cinco de Mayo. Bummer. 

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By armaan8014
@JJWeatherman 
Hahahaha!!!
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HandsomeDead

I'm not particularly interested in sports but when I was in NYC, I went to the baseball a few times and the atmosphere was great. Definitely something worth trying even if the hot dogs are overpriced and the games themselves can be a little slow.

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9  Edited By billmcneal

it's baseball season in May and NBA playoffs although I don't know if you will be able to catch a playoff game in any of those cities....maybe check out Wrigley Field for baseball, it's where the Chicago Cubs play. The stadium is great, although the team might not be
EnchantedEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10  Edited By EnchantedEcho
@KongAllan:  Just curious, what company are you travelling from?
TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By TheHT
@JJWeatherman: damn that was depressing LOL
eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By eric_buck

You might be able to catch some baseball... although I recommend that when you get to the US, head North into Canada and have a real party. Young drinking age and alcohol allowed in stripclubs!!! YAY!

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#13  Edited By citizenkane
@KongAllan:  When visiting New Orleans, make sure to tour the French Quarter, especially Bourbon Street.  A good place to eat a "New Orleans meal" would be at Ralph & Kacoo's.  If you need any other suggestions for New Orleans, just hit me up again.
nobull6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By nobull6

In Fort Worth you should definitely eat lunch at Rudy's. It's referred to as "gas station barbecue" because it really is also a gas station, but you'd be hard pressed to find better BBQ - seriously!

Bobdaman18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Bobdaman18

I enjoyed bourbon street in new orleans, lots of drunk ppl, dirty shows, and i got to see a girl flashing even though we missed mardi gras by a few weeks.  Thats what america is all about.
KongAllan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KongAllan
@emkeighcameron:   Cleveland might be cool from what I could look up, Rock n Roll hall of fame especially.

@JJWeatherman: SOLD!

@HandsomeDead:  @billmcneal:@Eric_Buck:  Baseball is all I could find as well. I'm not really interested in baseball, but I might go anyway just to catch the atmosphere.

@CitizenKane:@Bobdaman18: Our hotel is in the french quater, and I think we plan on spending most of the time in bourbon street.

@nobull6: BBQ on a gas station? sounds interesting... 

Thanks everyone, keep em coming!
super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By super_machine

Go see a baseball game. The season just started and you should have no problem finding a cheep seat at a Cubs game. zing!

btman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By btman

I love that video.

@super_machine said:

" Go see a baseball game. The season just started and you should have no problem finding a cheep seat at a Cubs game. zing! "

definetly go to Wrigley Field.