Avatar image for commodorejenkin
CommodoreJenkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By CommodoreJenkin

Hey guys! Some friends and I decided to get together (and by get together I mean talk on Skype) and record a metal podcast! This is my first time doing anything like this, so I'm still working out a lot of the kinks. I'd like to add things to the show in the future (like a theme song), but for now, please enjoy the first episode!

Feel free to leave feedback and suggest topics for future shows. Thanks for listening!

In the first episode of our yet-to-be-titled metal podcast, we discuss a wide range of topics including albums we've been listening to, live concert videos, farewell tours, AMAs, why vinyls are still cool, how we all got into metal, and...zombie unicorns?

Untitled Metal Podcast! 2-5-14

Starring: @commodorejenkins, @shinboy630, @squiddel

Show Notes:

Iced Earth- Plauges of Babylon

Primal Fear- Delivering the Black

Týr- ValkyrjaNightwish- Showtime, Storytime

Epica- Retrospect

Motley Crue Farewell Tour

Lars Ulrich AMA

Arjen AMA

THE UNICORN INVASION OF DUNDEE!

Plugs!

Check out my metal site at metalarmory.com

Listen to the Lincolncast!

Follow us on Twitter! (@Ty_Rosen, @matt_leslie35, @MrSquiddel)

boysef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

how do I potentially get involved in this?

CashBailey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I didn't know Arjen Lucassen did a Reddit AMA.

That guy is a flat-out genius. He and Devin Townsend are the most talented musicians in metal.

CashBailey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I listened to this and I really enjoyed it.

The sound quality was good. Certainly much better than some 'professional' podcasts I listen to that do it over Skype and up being just a clusterfuck of unlistenable connections, technical drop-outs and people talking over each other (hello, Dread Central's 'Dinner for Fiends'...), and I think you guys have an easy chemistry.

And you seem to like the same kind of music I like, which is a bonus.

CommodoreJenkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cashbailey: We actually recorded our audio separately and stitched it together. That's probably why it sounds better than most raw Skype recordings. Thanks for the feedback!

CashBailey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a fellow Arjen fan, did you like the first 'Stream of Passion' recorded? I think it's one of the most perfect pop-metal album ever made.

I certainly don't think any of the subsequent albums are anywhere near as good without his songwriting genius.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

As a fellow Arjen fan, did you like the first 'Stream of Passion' recorded? I think it's one of the most perfect pop-metal album ever made.

I certainly don't think any of the subsequent albums are anywhere near as good without his songwriting genius.

Matt from the show here. I really *really* like Out in the Real World, but for some reason I am not as hot on the rest of the album. I totally agree that the following albums fell off without Arjen's involvement, though.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By csl316

@shinboy630 said:

@cashbailey said:

Matt from the show here. I really *really* like Out in the Real World, but for some reason I am not as hot on the rest of the album. I totally agree that the following albums fell off without Arjen's involvement, though.

Their most recent one, Darker Days, is actually a really great album.

Anyway, I'll give a listen later. And like boysef said, how does one get potentially involved?

Though this may potentially get locked since it's advertising. We'll see.

CommodoreJenkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For people asking about how to get involved, the three of us have known each other for a while now, and we would feel a bit uncomfortable bringing in a newcomer. If you want to contribute to the show, you can submit topics for future episodes, as well as continuing to leave feedback.

On the subject of self-advertising, I want this to be a GB community themed show. I probably should have made that more clear at the beginning. If you have any suggestions to make it more GB focused, let me know!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For people asking about how to get involved, the three of us have known each other for a while now, and we would feel a bit uncomfortable bringing in a newcomer. If you want to contribute to the show, you can submit topics for future episodes, as well as continuing to leave feedback.

On the subject of self-advertising, I want this to be a GB community themed show. I probably should have made that more clear at the beginning. If you have any suggestions to make it more GB focused, let me know!

Just use this as your theme.

Loading Video...

And then transition into death metal talk.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By MariachiMacabre

I want to talk about the upcoming Mastodon/Gojira tour and how goddamn excited I am for it.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By csl316

Also, I hope at least one of you hits the Amon Amarth or Dark Tranquillity tours.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, so, I came up with name "Headbanger's Ballertime" for the show seeing as we as of yet do not have a name. I think it combines metal and giantbomb in a way that is just dumb enough to work. Thoughts?

CashBailey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CashBailey

I honestly can't tell you how many hundreds of times I have listened to that song. I would literally just listen to it on a loop. I think it's as close to a perfect 'commercial' metal song as you could ever write.

Loading Video...

But really, the whole album is all killer, no filler. Also, the live DVD they did is great. It has a whole bunch of Ayreon songs on it as well.

And Marcella Bovio's sister Diana is hella fine!

Cows_R_Crunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Cows_R_Crunk