Wal-mart...Good or Evil!!!

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By RichardLOlson

Ok so I was sittin at home having a 3 hr debate about why wal-mart was so damn evil.  I won't sit here and give you the whole 3 hr convo, but I'll condense it down to about a 2-5 min read.  Alright....here we go:

Wal-mart back in the early 90s us
ed to be a family friendly store, with assosiates who want to help you and employers who gave a shit about there employees.  When I worked for wal-mart, (yes I worked at wal-mart) I got the impression that I was a "valued employee" and that the "open door policy" was a good thing.  (For those who don't know or never worked there, the "open door policy" was when a employee could speak to the store manager or assistant manager about a problem and have the issue be resolved)  But it seems that over the few months the friendly and family store I knew, started to become very corupt and not so careing.

I didn't think this could have so fast, but it did.  So one afternoon, I found myself in a shitty situation with some of the other employees and supervisor.  I was basically told that I couldn't go outside to get some fresh air, when I had just had a box of windex bust open on me in the back of the truck that we were unloading the products off of.  I wasn't able to breathe, let alone see.  So I took my issue up with the store manager and she told me that I need to grow up and take my issues up with someone else.  Now at that point I really should have took a deep breathe and went back to work, but instead I told her to "Fuck Off" and quite that instant.  I tried to go back the next day to get my job back, but she told me to grow up again and find another job.  Now this is just my story about wal-mart and my opinion, but I've noticed that over the years, wal-mart doesn't give two shits about there employees or there family friendly reputation.

They only care about the money they make and how much money you can make for them.  And to me honestly, thats just a sad fucking point in any business.