Was the final episode of Smallville worth the wait?

Avatar image for deactivated-589b97df1f8d4
deactivated-589b97df1f8d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

In short, no. I didnt feel the epicness and revalation of the two hour long episode. We waited 10 long years for us to see Tom Welling in the Superman outfitt and they didnt even show him officialy with the suit on. The best thing they did was a far away shot...what is this bigfoot, and the other shot was all in his grill. This 11 second video sums it up for me:

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Heltom92

I actually loved it. Yea some people will criticise the episode for not properly showing him in the costume but that really didn't bother me. I thought the ending was spot on, with the music and him running along, unbuttoning his shirt to reveal the S. It really didn't need to take 10 years to get to this moment but I still feel really satisfied with it.

FlyingRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FlyingRat

I tried to watch Smallville once. Watched the first episode and thought it was absolutely terrible, don't know what all the fuss is about.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FourWude

That show has some hot, fine females on it.

Yes I would.

That is all.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By penguindust

I missed it.  I wasn't sure if it was this week or last week and I was watching something else.  Oh well, Netflix eventually I guess.

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By DeeGee

The less they show of the costume the better, I'm in the crowd that think it's far too late for it to make sense for him to wear that thing.

awe_stuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By awe_stuck

Dialogue was horrible. I dont wanna ruin the episode, but the fact Chloe had to do the same thing as Lois was lame. No one cares about the side characters enough to put that in there. The part with Darkseid was lame. It may be a 2 hour episode, but it honestly felt like a regular episode. Honestly worst episode of the series. Major letdown. Best part of the episode noticing how and why it was done on such a small budget.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Heltom92

I agree it should not of gone on for as long as it did, and I probably wouldn't even recommend that people watch it from the start. But I still mostly liked the show and I think that they got everything they needed to get into the finale.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Contro

A laughable mess, the only thing it had going for it was a catchy intro and a few hot girls.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Yanngc33

I don't think its actually possible to make a proper series finale when said series has been going for 10 years

MikeHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By MikeHawk

We had thunderstorms last night in Ohio where I live, and the cable signal went down at 8:30. When it came back, the framerate was slow and out of sync with the audio. My girlfriend's mom is the biggest Smallville fan I know, and she was about to die. She even bought lots of food to have a little viewing party, and didn't get to see most of it. I'm glad I'm not very invested in the series.

maximus_vi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By maximus_vi

I thought the finale was great. Although it wasn't the finest two hours of television ever crafted, it was excellent fan service. Fans wanted to see three things -- Clark in the suit, Clark flying and the return of Lex Luthor -- and the finale delivered on all three accounts. If I had one complaint, it's that the ratio of dialogue to action sequences was severely unbalanced, but I still loved every minute of the episode.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Heltom92
At the very end when he was going in slow motion and unbuttoning his shirt, he seemed out of shape, so that toned down the last scene for me. Maybe it was his shirt that made it seem that way, I dont know.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By iam3green

i didn't even know the show was still on. i thought it ended a couple of years ago. it's pretty crazy that people still watched it.

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Omega

I stopped watching it a long time ago. I think the last episode I saw was when Clark got some red ring thing and turned all angsty with a leather jacket and a motorcycle. But I just watched the 5 minutes of the last episode on youtube and I'm wondering if it would be worth it to go back and watch what I missed. Is there a specific season I should start with where I can get the gist of whats going on and still skip the bad stuff. I heard from friends that the series got better at some point after I stopped watching. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Omega

Hell no, it got worst after season 5. It got pridicable and lame. You stopped on season 3 I believe, trust me man, you didnt miss anything.
gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By gamefreak9
@FourWude said:

That show has some hot, fine females on it.

Yes I would.

That is all.

Agreed, Lois especially...
@quantumshift5 said:
@Omega: Hell no, it got worst after season 5. It got pridicable and lame. You stopped on season 3 I believe, trust me man, you didnt miss anything.
my fav episode is on s10 btw, i think its the 4th episode? it was REALLy well done... the one where he went to the future.