User Lists: 0

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By penguindust

When I watched it, I thought of the John Lennon "bigger than Jesus" controversy, but I think the following more closely applies to the creator of your posted video...

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Omega

I watched that video hoping to find out what is so great about the watchmen, unfortunatly that guy was completely incoherent.

I decided to check out  the watchmen comic a few weeks ago and while im only 2 chapters in I don't get whats so great about it. All I see are 70's era heroes, a murder investigation and extremely conservative undertones. I'm assuming the conservative viewpoint is coming from the title character Rorschach but I dont see much difference in this comic when compared to others. I'm assuming there is something about it that is revealed later on in the series. But for now I dont care much for the story or the characters. (I find Rorschach and the Comedian are particularly irritating and unlikable)

I dont mean to offend fans of the watchmen

I would really like to know what about this series that is so great why everyone is going nuts over it. I've been wondering since the watchmen movie was announced and the internet became ablaze with watchmen talk.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bullet_Jr

The graphic novel, if nothing else, proved that the comic book medium could be more than just campy superhero shenanigans.

It proved that a graphic novel could have strong character development accompanied by powerful imagery.

That's why the Watchmen is such a masterpiece.

The movie, is just a movie. I expect the movie to fall amazingly short of the graphic novel only because it does nothing for the film medium.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Pibo47

"There is some deep ass shit" - This made me laugh really hard.

Seriously thought. Watchmen does educate, but it also entertains.
DavidPalmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DavidPalmer

This is pretty funny. Amazing that just one movie can blow up the intarwebs like this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like the Bible? I dunno, the Watchmen never got me to go out and kill people in the name or Rorschach.
Or did it?

*puts on his trenchcoat and mask*

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Aurelito

God he's an excellent preacher. I'm not a huge fan of novel but I agree with him blindly. (Based upon 300)

Ps off topic: I'm thinking to rent a bible- witch one of them out there is better and more logical?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This guy has the eloquence of Terri Schiavo, but he does have a point hidden in his deluded diatribe.
Why the fuck are people up in arms about one of the greatest writer in comics, nay, fiction's history having disdain for another bastardization of his work.
Moore has had to sit idly by and watch everything from V For Vendetta to League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen to Swamp Thing be raped from his original vision.

I'm a fan of Snyder's work, but they're really nothing groundbreaking. The Dawn Of The Dead remake was entertaining, but lacked all the social commentary of the original. 300 was a great spectacle, but it's not like he had a hand in making storyboards or most of the shots since it was so verbatim from the comic.
I'll definitely watch the Watchmen, but I'm going into it with a huge sense of skepticism. I do not think the guy who plays Ozymandius is a good fit, I facepalm at them being a suoer hero team called Watchmen and I'm not exactly thrilled at the thought of a new ending.

keviar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By keviar

The action scenes i've seen sucked.