Weird Facebook event business.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

So I was invited to some huge pub night/party thing, but I didn't know if I wanted to go yet. A few days later, I see that I'm not in the invited section of the thing anymore, but I can still see the event. From what I've searched I've gathered that if you were uninvited, you wouldn't be able to see the event. Is this correct? The other option is that I could've accidentally declined, but I don't think so. Anyways, I can see the event, but can't join it in any way. The weird part being that the same person who invited me to it also invited me to some extra-curricular free leadership course, and I ain't uninvited for that. What's the dealio? This might seem petty, but it's just one of those weird things that bugs me. Investigation team go!

Jimmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jimmi

Just go anyway if you want to go. It's a 'huge party thing', there won't be a bouncer with a checklist from the Facebook event page.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mwng

You should probably go into the TV.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Ravenlight

@mwng said:

This advice can be applied to a surprising variety of situations and life events.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

@Ravenlight said:

@mwng said:

This advice can be applied to a surprising variety of situations and life events.

I don't know man, most the people I've seen in the TV are underage.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Aegon

@Jimmi said:

Just go anyway if you want to go. It's a 'huge party thing', there won't be a bouncer with a checklist from the Facebook event page.

The thing is, I know the host/person who invited me. I don't know her extremely well or anything, but it would be awkward if I showed up to the party she planned uninvited. Or..de-vited?

Jimmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jimmi

@Aegon said:

@Jimmi said:

The thing is, I know the host/person who invited me. I don't know her extremely well or anything, but it would be awkward if I showed up to the party she planned uninvited. Or..de-vited?

Sorry man, I can't advise you on the etiquette of meta-social interactions on Facebook. If you know anyone else going to the party, make sure you get there at the same time as them perhaps? Or just ask someone who has accepted the invitation, "Hey, do you think HOSTESS would mind if I came to her party?"

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By lego_my_eggo

Why not just ask the person? say that facebook is acting funny and ask whether you are invited or not.