What did you think of Mission Impossible Rogue Nation?

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

I enjoyed it slightly more than Ghost Protocol one because this one has a way better villain

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 6

I also liked it more than Ghost Protocol. My favorites are the first Mission Impossible and Mission Impossible III

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By billmcneal

The next movie I want to see is the Straight Outta Compton movie

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

Loved it. Just non-stop action. lol

Nime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I enjoyed it a lot - my favorite MI in the series so far.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

It was good. It had some amazing action scenes but overall I think it's my least favorite. Seriously though, there were three absolutely fantastic and memorable action scenes that are worth seeing.

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mission Impossible 2 is my least favorite

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I liked it quite a bit, but Ghost Protocol was still better. The last act was disappointing compared to everything that came before it and felt very anti-climactic. Apparently production on the movie stalled for a couple of weeks while they figured out what the ending was going to be, and I think that really shows.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Nodima

I thought it was a great love letter to the rest of the series. It had a super convoluted, screwy plot just like the first, some cool motorcycle stuff (that felt very inspired by hood views in racing games) like 2, a really good villain like 3 (some would say 1 as well, but Voight always read more conflicted than outright bad...I haven't seen 1 in a while though), constantly awesome set pieces like 4. I really, really enjoyed it and I'd say it's now tied with the first M:I for my favorite in the series, both for different reasons.

Also, Miss Ferguson really put her foot in this movie's ass. I'd love to see her in another Mission: Impossible or get her own action franchise. And unlike @onekillwonder_ I thought the ending was excellent (particularly the negotiation scene), though it did seem like it had to rush to get the baddie in that glass cage.

kubqo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I was just a little bit disappointed coming out of theater. Not because its a bad movie, no not at all. But becasue i expected full action flick. Instead i got basically 80s thrillers with couple of really well made action sequences. Surprisingly the best part about the movie were characters and plot. You could never be sure as to whos with who. In a weird way, this is a bigger better sequel to Jack Reacher (from the same director).

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I actually liked this one a surprising amount. Although it also made me realize that what I really want is for the show to be rebooted.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I loved the movie just as much as the last film, making this tied for the best in the series. I love the direction that creatives took in making a series where the characters seem flawed and showing them fail over and over again until they eventually succeed. I have always preferred those types of semi-realistic action movies because I feel the characters become more relatable. That relatable humaness makes me more invested in the characters.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was pretty damn good. I liked Ghost Protocol better though just because of the silent and tense hallway scene.

doerr007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i like it quite a bit, Tom Cruise has really brought this series back in a meaningful way with the last three entries. Excited to see what he puts himself through for the next one as they have started to work on it already. It will be interesting who he gets to direct the next instalment as thats one of the cool things about the series new directors who bring their own style. Jack Reacher 2 should be good as well, Scientology aside that man is still a great actor and its like he doesn't age don't know of any other 53 year old hanging on a plane for their craft. I hope he gets to do a sequel to Edge of Tomorrow like he wants to even if i was put off by the Deus ex machina ending. wow end of rant just got back from slipknot concert so i guess i'm wired must of been the couple of Rockstars I drank who can say no to free.

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I didn't go in expecting much but I had a really good time. I'm not sure if it was just my cinema, but did anyone else think it sounded incredible? The bike chase scene and guns just sounded so crisp and packed a ton of punch.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I really liked it! Might be my favourite actually. Hard to top the first one personally, but I really liked the villain and the set-pieces (especially the opera house).

God, the music in the final staredown was so fucking over-the-top and bombastic. I loved every second of it.

Renner and Rhames felt underutilized though. One of the things I really liked about Ghost Protocol was Renner's role there.

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mission Impossible 3>Mission Impossible>Mission Impossible 5>Mission Impossible 4>Mission Impossible 2