What to play next?

p0tat0_5alad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By p0tat0_5alad

My goal this year is to put a dent into my back catalog. As it stands right now it is only about 15+ games deep which isn't ridiculous but is a lot for me. I usually sit around 3-5 games so I have some work to do. I started up the first F.E.A.R. (first game on my list) and I'm about 3 hours into it and having no fun. It doesn't seem to have aged too well but on a side note, bullet time is fun. I do plan on finishing this game but is  F.E.A.R. 2 any better or is it more of the same? It is the next game on my list but I'm wondering should I play the game so shortly afterwards or should I play something else on my list in-between the two? I still gotta play Enslaved, Arkham Asylum, Dragon Age, Red Dead among other games.

On another note, one of my friends converted me to Steam and what little personal spending money I had left I spent on there. Luckily and unfortunately, I'm on a Mac so there wasn't much to choose from but I did pick up a few games including the fantastic VVVVVV. Really awesome game and I immediately picked up the equally awesome soundtrack, PPPPPP, after 10 mins of playtime.

p0tat0_5alad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By p0tat0_5alad

My goal this year is to put a dent into my back catalog. As it stands right now it is only about 15+ games deep which isn't ridiculous but is a lot for me. I usually sit around 3-5 games so I have some work to do. I started up the first F.E.A.R. (first game on my list) and I'm about 3 hours into it and having no fun. It doesn't seem to have aged too well but on a side note, bullet time is fun. I do plan on finishing this game but is  F.E.A.R. 2 any better or is it more of the same? It is the next game on my list but I'm wondering should I play the game so shortly afterwards or should I play something else on my list in-between the two? I still gotta play Enslaved, Arkham Asylum, Dragon Age, Red Dead among other games.

On another note, one of my friends converted me to Steam and what little personal spending money I had left I spent on there. Luckily and unfortunately, I'm on a Mac so there wasn't much to choose from but I did pick up a few games including the fantastic VVVVVV. Really awesome game and I immediately picked up the equally awesome soundtrack, PPPPPP, after 10 mins of playtime.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Play Red Dead

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By jkz

I loved F.E.A.R 2, because I felt that it developed its atmosphere really well (I felt it was more effective than the first F.E.A.R, but I'm in the minority there). Either way, the games are pretty similar, so I'd likely suggest something else in between. All of the games you listed are great, but I'd personally go for Arkham Asylum first: I loved that game.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By IBurningStar

The correct answer is Red Dead Redemption. Arkham Asylum after that.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By AhmadMetallic

dont jump right into FEAR 2 after 1 ! give it some time.. play Red Dead Redemption now, then a shitty/average game, then  Arkham Asylum, then DOA and then Enslaved .. i think thats a nice order. unless you wanna play 2-3 games at the same time, then play those simultaneously 

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By craigbo180

I played through arkham asylum for the first time only a few months ago for the first time and damn that game is fucking awesome cant recommend that you play that enough. Play it now.