which graphics tablet?

OREOphosphate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By OREOphosphate

i'm getting a wacom intuos 4 s for xmas and was wondering. Is this a good  introductory tablet?
From what i have seen on the internets it seems ok but any thoughts or suggestions?

OREOphosphate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By OREOphosphate

i'm getting a wacom intuos 4 s for xmas and was wondering. Is this a good  introductory tablet?
From what i have seen on the internets it seems ok but any thoughts or suggestions?

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Azteck

Fuck. I want that tablet. Like really badly. 

As for your question, there aren't really any good 'introductory' tablets. It's all a matter of learning it's capabilities and mastering them. The more it can do, the better. You'll be overwhelmed at first, trust me, it's not going to be like drawing with a pen but when you get it down, it'll feel just as natural. It's a good tablet for anyone I think.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By ProfessorEss

I've been using Wacoms for a long time now and I've never had any problems with any models, especially not any Intuos models. 

What size you getting?

OREOphosphate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OREOphosphate

@professorEss
  just the A6 one

Izzyjam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Izzyjam

While there are other options out there, you can't go wrong with WACOM. The Intuos will last you from introductory all the way up to the professional level and more, should you choose to stick with it for that long.
As for the size, unless you're really gestural when you draw, you'll probably get used to the Small, and love how portable it will be compared to the bigger ones.

My first tablet was a Graphire 2 from way back in 2000. It worked marvelously until one night a couple of years ago, when it was accidentally dropped and kicked across the damn office. Long story. I'm sure it would've lasted a lot longer if that hadn't happened. WACOM makes good stuff.