Which image burner is the all-around best?

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By AuthenticM

I have some images to burn. I'd like to know which burner to use to get the best result possible. I tried Alcohol but it crashes at the end of the process. I then used Nero with success, but while the disc is working, it is spining in an irregular fashion and makes a lot of noise. It's quite annoying. I want some suggestion on what software to use to get the very best results out of image burning. Please help. Thanks.

Evolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Evolution

i find burning shit to disks such a huge stress.... but now i have an applemac so its ok and pretty painless.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AuthenticM
Evolution said:
"i find burning shit to disks such a huge stress.... but now i have an applemac so its ok and pretty painless."
Is the software that you use compatible with XP? What is it?
DeadWeezel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By DeadWeezel

The only reason I can currently think of for an image burnt to DVD to read in an irregular fashion is that you are burning game discs for a chipped console.  Consoles use discs that need to have files written in a very specific optimised order for streaming where a PC will write files to disc in order, that is why the laser has to rock back and forth so often when seeking data that is supposed to be much closer together.

I'm not making accusations, and tbh do not care.  But I doubt this is the kind of advice that is allowed to be asked on these forums.

Let's put it this way, it can be done properly.  But you are unlikely to find out here.

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By thebeast

Just for general burning, two freeware programs that I use are:
CDBurnerXP
Infrarecorder

To burn 1:1 copies of images, you should look into CloneCD.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AuthenticM

Which is best? AnyDVD or CloneCD?

HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By HydraHam

i buy my dvds so i can't help you there.. but my friend burns movies all the time and he says he uses dvdshrink and anydvd and uses nero sometimes with img/vob files