Windows Phone 7 vs iPhone 4

Berezov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Berezov

Okay I know I'm going to get the "take it the Tested forums" guy in here but I'd actually like to get some GB user's opinions about this. I was wondering if anybody has had experience with either or even both of these phones and which of the two you'd recommend, I'm seriously considering the Samsung Omnia 7 but again I'm not too sure.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

I don't have any problems with iPhone, it does everything I would want it to do, and very well. I haven't used a windows 7 mobile device, though.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Dany
@TooWalrus said:
" I don't have any problems with iPhone, it does everything I would want it to do, and very well. I haven't used a windows 7 mobile device, though. "
Yeah, it has a pretty god battery, some good/fun/useful apps. Simple, it works.....I don't know what else to say. It is an apple product so you know the hardware is great and the software is both simple and easy to handle yet capable t odo some crazy things like Infinity Blade 

A new iphone will most likely be out new summer, as they usually do, a little fyu
Hangid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Hangid

It depends. If you use a lot of Microsoft products and services, probably go for Windows Phone. If your invested in the Apple ecosystem, then go for the iPhone. Both platforms handle 3rd party services like Google accounts just fine. Also, keep in mind that Windows Phone 7 is actually a brand new platform for Microsoft so it is less mature than the iPhone ecosystem as of now, although the app ecosystem is already growing at an impressive rate. 

Avatar image for thekeyboarddemon
TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon

I am on my second iPhone, I have also had a Win Mobile 4 and use a Win Mobile 6.1 phone for work. I have yet to have a good Win Mobile experience, but I have also yet to experience Win Mobile 7 which is not an incremental revision but a completely new OS with much higher hardware requirements, so the spec on the device should be a lot higher than many smart phones running Android or early versions of Win Mobile. Before Win Mobile 7 I would have said just get an iPhone, right now I would say look at as many YouTube video reviews as you can and try and get a demo in a shop as well.

There seem to be a lot of positive noises being made about this phone and I think Microsoft have worked really hard to find out what people really want from a Smart Phone and deliver exactly this. I'm still not ready to part with my iPhone though.

cgoodno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By cgoodno
@TooWalrus said:
" I don't have any problems with iPhone, it does everything I would want it to do, and very well. I haven't used a windows 7 mobile device, though. "
Pretty much.  To add onto this, I'm not looking to buying all of the apps and media I have all over again for a new phone until it truly outshines what my iPhone 4 can do.
jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By jkz

Windows Phone 7 is a developing platform, and if you buy in, know that you're buying into a platform with an uncertain future as a first generation user. It has some features missing that both iOS and Android have, and you shouldn't be surprised if the experience isn't quite as smooth. 

With that said, I recently switched over from Android to a Samsung Focus (I've got experience with all iOS as well), and I'm really liking it. Additionally, Microsoft's shown a clear dedication to iterating the hell out of it, and they've got a  massive marketing budget; overall, I feel good about the future. I really enjoy how, once you get used to the software (I used a Zune HD prior, which I switched to from an iPod Touch, so I had some familiarity with the UI), it becomes incredibly easy to access all of your essential data. It's still not perfect: hub integration could be better, apps take a bit long to launch, and the market is a bit rough, but if you're interested, and know that you're buying into a new, still developing platform that isn't assured of success, then I'd say go for it.

Avatar image for kristov_romanov
kristov_romanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By kristov_romanov

I am on a HTC Mozart WP7 phone, and quite enjoying it. As mentioned by @jukezypoo it is developing. The apps aren't quite there yet, but I love the Zune platform and I use SharePoint a fair bit. 

Plus I can get achievements on the bus!

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By godzilla_sushi

I have an HTC HD7 with Phone 7 on it. Just to help share my own experience, I've never owned a smart phone before this one. I have used the Android and iPhone stuff. If you come at it looking for the most robust and featured phones, you probably couldn't go wrong with an iPhone. I personally have a 360, Zune, Windows 7, and I've got everything running together like that. For me it just made more sense. I actually love the interface, and I find the OS to be really responsive on that phone. It doesn't have a lot of apps, but if you are interested in the GB gamers opinion, I think its great to have the achievements and Live integration. I can check my friends list and profile fairly easily. 

If you asked me, I would tell you to go with the best carrier and stick with iPhone or Windows 7. It doesn't help you choose between them, but if you are trying to use the phone for its intended functions then the wireless connection reliability is definitely a must. 

I'm just running Microsoft everywhere, so the phone made sense for me. ;)