WTF is IT?

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By dr_nefarious

So I was just watching Stephen King's IT a while ago. This movie has been out for quite some time now and though I've seen it a few times I still wonder to myself WTF is IT? first it's pennywise the clown played by tim curry then its a spider thing from some other dimension. I guess I don't know much because I haven't read the book yet (want to). Does it go into detail in the book?

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Megalon

Isn't it like, an alien or something? I haven't read the book in 10 years ish, but I seem to remember there being a space ship for some reason. It's possible I'm just jive talking.

MeetThePyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By MeetThePyro

He is the embodiment of all evil created at the beginning of time. You'd know if you read the book. Ps book is WAY better!

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Bruce
@dr_nefarious:

I thought it was a shadow that took the form of whatever the children were most afraid of. In the movie it's the clown, but in the book he takes several forms and then settles as a clown.
dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dr_nefarious
@Megalon said:
" Isn't it like, an alien or something? I haven't read the book in 10 years ish, but I seem to remember there being a space ship for some reason. It's possible I'm just jive talking. "
I just wonder why he took on the form of a clown..I guess because clowns are fucking scary and people are afraid of them?
@MeetThePyro said:
" He is the embodiment of all evil created at the beginning of time. You'd know if you read the book. Ps book is WAY better! "
Yeah I heard about that. As soon as I get the chance I'd really like to check out the book.
dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dr_nefarious
@Bruce said:
" @dr_nefarious: I thought it was a shadow that took the form of whatever the children were most afraid of. In the movie it's the clown, but in the book he takes several forms and then settles as a clown. "
Funny enough in the movie he takes the form of a clown the whole time even when trying to scare adults..I remember after seeing that movie I never wanted to go to McDonalds as a kid. LOL
Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Coltonio7
This
This
Shermanator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Shermanator
@MeetThePyro said:
" He is the embodiment of all evil created at the beginning of time. You'd know if you read the book. Ps book is WAY better! "
The books are always better then the movies
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I remember watching that movie as a kid, doesn't some kid get his arm ripped off?
my mom wouldn't let me watch it though.

MeetThePyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By MeetThePyro
@Shermanator said:
" @MeetThePyro said:
The books are always better then the movies
"
No Country For Old Men says "HI"
CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By CoverlessTech
@Megalon said:
" Isn't it like, an alien or something? I haven't read the book in 10 years ish, but I seem to remember there being a space ship for some reason. It's possible I'm just jive talking. "
Maybe you are thinking about "The Thing"?

Anyways the "IT" "movie" is pretty bad. It was originally a short TV series(I guess that would be what you would call it). It was a cheap 4 part TV show and boy, does it show. Cheap production, cheap actors, just cheap. Check the book if your into this kind of book, not really my type of book though.