Zune pass

joshs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By joshs

Found something pretty awesome here. Might be known around the internetz but I had never tried this. If you pay for 1 month of the zune pass service and stop paying, your songs stop working at the end of that month right? Not really. Hook the Zune up to the 360 and it plays fine O.O    Might only work for offline 360s but I don't know.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Nasar7

Now all someone needs to make is a 360 cd/dvd burner...

goodwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By goodwood

haha I had the zune pass about a year ago then stopped I dont get that much music to make it worth continually paying for.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Wolverine
@JoshS said:
" Found something pretty awesome here. Might be known around the internetz but I had never tried this. If you pay for 1 month of the zune pass service and stop paying, your songs stop working at the end of that month right? Not really. Hook the Zune up to the 360 and it plays fine O.O    Might only work for offline 360s but I don't know. "
Something like that happened to me but it only lasted for like 3 months after.
joshs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By joshs
@Nasar7 said:
" Now all someone needs to make is a 360 cd/dvd burner... "
What does that have to do with it?
Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Nasar7
@JoshS: Burning songs onto a disc effectively strips it of any DRM. Meaning you would actually have your songs. Like you wouldn't need to listen to them on your 360. Get it?
joshs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By joshs
@Nasar7 said:
" @JoshS: Burning songs onto a disc effectively strips it of any DRM. Meaning you would actually have your songs. Like you wouldn't need to listen to them on your 360. Get it? "
Except the zune pass drm doesn't allow the burning on cds unless you buy the drm-free mp3s. If I wasn't on Windows 7, I could just use Tunebite to convert them to mp3s and get rid of the drm. As it is though, it doesn't work on Win7. Hopefully that gets patched :)

I usually would pay for a month of zune pass, download a ton of music, use tunebite to 'fix' the songs, and then cancel the zune pass. Really, I could just do what most people do these days and torrent/p2p the music, but I enjoy the instant organization zune marketplace gives lol