The best of 1UP Yours (2007); 10 hours of genius

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

Edited By zanzibarbreeze

This Year is back and packing a huge, huge gift. Our previous gaming podcast recaps – The HotSpot 2005, 2006, and 2007, and 1UP Yours 2006 – have topped well over 2,000 downloads each. The recaps for The Adam Carolla Show – January and February 2006 – haven’t done too shabbily either.

But of all those, our episode for 1UP Yours was far and away the most popular.

It’s hardly a chore to surmise why. The answer, incidentally, rests solely on the shoulders of the men on the microphones: Garnett Lee, John Davison, Shane Bettenhausen, Luke Smith, and Mark MacDonald. Each man entertaining in his own way, some because of their passion, some because of their candidness, and some because 75% of what they said made no sense. But, concurrently, each man was intelligent, some more than others, and each man had an opinion, and each man was interesting. Never before had such an esteemed and respected group gathered together to talk about video games, and, in all probability, never will such a group gather again.

The recap is in two parts. Find out why this show is revered by many as the greatest gaming podcast of all time: download the first part of the recap here, and the second part here.

If you’ve subscribed to our RSS Feed, look in your feedcatcher to find the episodes waiting for you. Also, follow us on Twitter to get news about upcoming shows and quotes from the great people that populate these shows.

Part 1
0:02:00 - Introductions
0:06:00 - What'cha Been Playing?
1:53:00 - Message board threads
3:28:00 - Four Minute Warning

Part 2
0:01:00 - Seanbaby's most hated games
0:21:00 - Multiplatform gaming
0:53:00 - Mitch Gitelman (FASA Studios, Shadowrun) interview
2:18:00 - Jeff Gerstmann's termination from GameSpot
2:46:00 - News
5:05:00 - Goodbyes
5:19:00 - Gag reel

Thanks to Simon Harrison for the music stings featured in the podcast.

Also, if one of you could do me a favor: I’m a member on NeoGAF but have not yet gained the ability to create a new thread. I know the guys over there responded very positively to the first 1UP Yours recap. If somebody would be kind enough to post this recap there in a new thread, I’d be very much obliged.

Finally, soon we’ll have another The Adam Carolla Show recap. I’m also working on a package for Loveline. On the gaming front, I want to hit the final year of 1UP Yours, and then we’ll throw darts to see whether we do the Giant Bombcast or GFW Radio, among others. Thanks to you guys, the Giant Bomb community, for all your support, feedback, and generosity with the previous projects. We really appreciate it. Hope you enjoy this episode.
zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

This Year is back and packing a huge, huge gift. Our previous gaming podcast recaps – The HotSpot 2005, 2006, and 2007, and 1UP Yours 2006 – have topped well over 2,000 downloads each. The recaps for The Adam Carolla Show – January and February 2006 – haven’t done too shabbily either.

But of all those, our episode for 1UP Yours was far and away the most popular.

It’s hardly a chore to surmise why. The answer, incidentally, rests solely on the shoulders of the men on the microphones: Garnett Lee, John Davison, Shane Bettenhausen, Luke Smith, and Mark MacDonald. Each man entertaining in his own way, some because of their passion, some because of their candidness, and some because 75% of what they said made no sense. But, concurrently, each man was intelligent, some more than others, and each man had an opinion, and each man was interesting. Never before had such an esteemed and respected group gathered together to talk about video games, and, in all probability, never will such a group gather again.

The recap is in two parts. Find out why this show is revered by many as the greatest gaming podcast of all time: download the first part of the recap here, and the second part here.

If you’ve subscribed to our RSS Feed, look in your feedcatcher to find the episodes waiting for you. Also, follow us on Twitter to get news about upcoming shows and quotes from the great people that populate these shows.

Part 1
0:02:00 - Introductions
0:06:00 - What'cha Been Playing?
1:53:00 - Message board threads
3:28:00 - Four Minute Warning

Part 2
0:01:00 - Seanbaby's most hated games
0:21:00 - Multiplatform gaming
0:53:00 - Mitch Gitelman (FASA Studios, Shadowrun) interview
2:18:00 - Jeff Gerstmann's termination from GameSpot
2:46:00 - News
5:05:00 - Goodbyes
5:19:00 - Gag reel

Thanks to Simon Harrison for the music stings featured in the podcast.

Also, if one of you could do me a favor: I’m a member on NeoGAF but have not yet gained the ability to create a new thread. I know the guys over there responded very positively to the first 1UP Yours recap. If somebody would be kind enough to post this recap there in a new thread, I’d be very much obliged.

Finally, soon we’ll have another The Adam Carolla Show recap. I’m also working on a package for Loveline. On the gaming front, I want to hit the final year of 1UP Yours, and then we’ll throw darts to see whether we do the Giant Bombcast or GFW Radio, among others. Thanks to you guys, the Giant Bomb community, for all your support, feedback, and generosity with the previous projects. We really appreciate it. Hope you enjoy this episode.
MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MeierTheRed

Was a huge fan of 1UP Yours, so i will definitely check this out.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By recroulette

Loved the first 1up Yours recap, downloading this one right now

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By penguindust

Neat.  Loved 1UP Yours, this is awesome. 

ExiledVip3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ExiledVip3r

1up yours is the podcast that got me into podcasts, much appreciated for this collection!
Would love to see a GFW Radio one, life has never been the same since the loss of weekly ramblings from Jeff Green and Shawn Elliot shenanigans :(

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By zanzibarbreeze
@ExiledVip3r said:
" 1up yours is the podcast that got me into podcasts, much appreciated for this collection! Would love to see a GFW Radio one, life has never been the same since the loss of weekly ramblings from Jeff Green and Shawn Elliot shenanigans :( "
We've definitely got plans to do GFW Radio, but I can't solidify any schedule yet.
Avatar image for equal_opportunity_destroyer497
Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Awesome. 1up Yours turned me on to podcasts and my life was never the same. Even now when those guys guest on each other's podcasts I get way nostalgic for those days.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Trilogy

These are always fucking awesome so I'll check it out for sure. 

Avatar image for endlessobsidian
EndlessObsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EndlessObsidian

This is perfect. Puts a smile on my face! Downloading now.

SugarRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By SugarRay

Awesome. I just finished the first best of show last night and thought it was excellent throughout.

I didn't know Garnett Lee was married. I've only listened to him on Weekend Confirmed from late 2010-present and I do not think his wife was mentioned (I could be wrong obviously).  Without sounding too creepy, is he still married?

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Evilsbane

Great job dude these kick all kinds of ass!

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NegativeCero

I miss old 1UP and the crazy personalities.

Now it's kind of sad as they are a fraction of what they were even a year ago and have lost and let go a lot of people.
Hardgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By Hardgamer

1UP, I still remember that 2 yrs ago?

LiquidBrando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LiquidBrando

This is fantastic. Can't wait to hear the rest of your compilations. Thanks for taking the time to do this. Brings back so many great memories.