Anyone playing this?

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

So this game came out today in North America and I think Europe on 3DS, Wii U, Ps3 and Vita. I'm a huge One Piece fan so I'm gonna pick this up, but I'm torn on which platform I should get it on. I was planning on getting the Wii U version, but go figure that's the one that doesn't get a physical release. So that leaves 3DS and PS3 for me. DECISIONS.

Anyway, what about you duders? Anyone pick it up? If so, which platform and are you enjoying it? I read a couple reviews but most of them were from people who don't follow the series, so I'd like to hear some other opinions.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm finishing the quick look now. This is the kinda anime I have been aware of in name only for the most part. Sorting through a backlog of games at moment but if a decent sale rolls around for this game later I may take a look.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It plays like Kingdom Hearts. If you like One Piece and the Kingdom Hearts gameplay then this is for you.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Every version of the game is a port of the 3DS version. It's the same game on all systems. I'm enjoying it so far. I'm annoyed that the eshop is down so I can't get my day one stuff yet.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be getting it next week. These games are fun

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I plan to pick this up on Vita if it's reasonably priced.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#7  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

Seems like something that could work on the Vita, so I'll probably pick up the Vita version down the line.

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone picked up the Vita version? Any good?

Also, anyone heard how long it is?

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I bought it on 3ds, but haven't opened the shrink wrap yet. I love One piece and from the quick look the game looks pretty good if not a little simplistic.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

@deathtrap said:

Anyone picked up the Vita version? Any good?

Also, anyone heard how long it is?

The Vita version is the same as any other version of the game. It took me about 8 hours to finish the main story but I was also doing side stuff. It might take 4-5 hours to beat if you mainline it. After I beat it a new game+ is unlocked and the main story has a bunch of side content that is probably 3 or 4 times as time consuming as the main missions. There's also a coliseum mode which actually serves as another campaign with its own story.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ended up buying the 3DS version last Thursday. I beat the story mode in about 8 hours and I'm in the B block for the Collesium mode. Gonna go back and finish all the side quests and town upgrades at some point.

Overall I'd say I'm pretty pleased with the game. Story felt pretty much like a filler arc from the anime, which isn't really a bad thing, but holy shit Pato's devil fruit ability is overpowered as fuck. Gameplay is pretty much a really slowed down version of Pirate Warriors, which was fine by me. I think out of 10 I'd give it a solid 7.

PS: Even though the story is non-canon I really wouldn't recommend playing it until you've gotten past Marineford in the anime/manga, as some major shit will get spoiled for you otherwise.

P.P.S Let's all just marvel at the fact North America is finally getting retail releases of One Piece games. (Even though some are GameStop exclusive)

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Getting it for PS3. For some reason all the marketing and articles I saw gave me the impression the game was digital-only in North America, so I have it en-route from the UK. Whoops.

I know nothing about One Piece but I have played bits of the Unlimited Cruise games for Wii and they were zany fun.

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pyrodactyl

@deathtrap said:

@turtlebird95: How far into the anime is Marineford?

Like 450 episodes in. It's about 70% of the way to current episodes and the culmination of a lot of set up. It's a great arc. If you're looking for one piece games in the mean time I suggest the unlimited games on the Wii that are, from what I can tell, much more deep and varied than this game. They only spoil who are the major vilains and abilites the straw hat crew develops later on

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathtrap said:

@turtlebird95: How far into the anime is Marineford?

Like 450 episodes in. It's about 70% of the way to current episodes and the culmination of a lot of set up. It's a great arc. If you're looking for one piece games in the mean time I suggest the unlimited games on the Wii that are, from what I can tell, much more deep and varied than this game. They only spoil who are the major vilains and abilites the straw hat crew develops later on

Ah, that's pretty deep in - I'm only on episode 10. I don't really care if it spoils the names of the major villains or the crews' abilities...does World RED spoil anything major? Things that would be surprise twists in the show, major character deaths, etc? I'm mostly interested in the game on my Vita, because it's useful to have something fun to play while out of my home.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathtrap: Yeah, some pretty major stuff from the Marineford arc would get spoiled for you. Honestly I'd recommend holding off until you've finished that arc, as it's probably one of the best arcs in the series thus far.