GamingComputer

Avatar image for lucassothegreat
LucassoTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I shall be graduating soon, and thus I will receive money from relatives. I wish to purchase a good gaming computer but am not particularly knowledgeable on the topic. I tried going to sites to look at what to buy but it was just so overwhelming. What do I buy?

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hey, I did the same using Polygon's guide 3 months ago and it's been working great. I'd link it but I'm on mobile.

LucassoTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will you post it when you can? That'd be so helpful!

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Corevi

I recommend Choose My PC, you just put in what you want out of it and the budget and it gives you the best possible system for the average gamer. Here is the Polygon guide.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Fear_the_Booboo

http://www.polygon.com/a/pc-buying-guide

Here you go. I made the High-End Build personnaly and it's been working great. Except for Watch_Dogs, I had a steady 60 fps on every game I played. That said, 2500$ is still a lot of money. There is cheaper builds in there if you have less.

There's probably some people that know more than me that would tell you if those builds are really great or not, but for me it's been working fine.

Aviar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I normally refer to http://www.pcper.com/hwlb when building stuff just to get an idea of some of the better hardware out there. Even if you aren't building your own machine, you can refer to their site as to what components you may want to use at a boutique shop as they give several different levels of systems you can build.

LucassoTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LucassoTheGreat

Thanks so much for all of the links! Definitely will use them!