Looking for a FPS survival horror game

ScarFaceNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I would prefer it be a game from the last 5-7 years and it's gotta be a game where you can fight back and aren't completely defenseless(something like evil within). Thanks, in advance.

Games i have already played:

Bioshocks + system shock 2

Wolfenstein(has elements of horror)

Dead islands + dying light

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#2  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

The F.E.A.R. games are probably the most obvious suggestions, but you don't mention having played them.

Maybe not quite survival horror, but neither is Wolfenstein. They certainly have lots of horror elements, and a few scares are actually pretty effective.

Also, the Condemned games, though I think Condemned 2 was console exclusive.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Metro and Stalker games fit the bill, definitely more so than Wolfenstein. They're about a 50/50 split of fighting humans and fighting monsters.

Doom 3 (On sale on steam right now), but it's slightly outside your time frame. Alien Isolation might fit, but your ability to fight back is limited, and I don't really care for the game personally.

If you're willing to expand outside first person into third person, all 3 (yes, all 3) Dead Space games are good bets.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

Dead Space. I hear the first is the most like survival horror.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

Condemned, dude. Especially the second one. It is a "true" survival horror experience in that it takes some cues from the classics of the genre. It has some incredible and unforgettable moments that I don't dare spoil for someone yet to experience them. It also has some of the best first-person melee combat around. Even though it does become more action-packed towards the end, it is quite scary in spots. Play that shit!

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By bemusedchunk

Resident Evil 4 is the correct answer.

Edit: Didn't see the FPS part. I'm still sticking by my answer.

It's tough to do FPS horror well without taking away the S part.

That being said, Amnesia is supposed to be stellar first-person horror.

Double Edit: I just remembered - Alien Isolation. Especially if you are down with the xenomorphs.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Condemned 1 and 2

Avatar image for pocketfullabuttholes
PocketfullaButtholes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Literally none of the OP's games are survival horror games not to mention The Evil Within is not first person.

Condemned 2 is a fun game but by no means is it a true survival horror experience. Hardly enough "memorable moments you don't dare spoil." I agree, the game is great and the combat is fluid, definitely worth playing.

Quibbly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although a bit buggy I have heard a lot of good things about Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason. Also the F.E.A.R series and although it may not fit exactly into Survival Horror, both Chronicles of Riddick games may be up your alley.

gizmo88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gizmo88

The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series and the upcoming Escape from Tarkov would be right up your alley.

captain_max707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (favorite game) and Metro have been suggested already, I'll throw Cryostasis out there. It's not on steam anymore, but I'm sure it can't be too hard to find a copy.

Panther2103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I would say the original Condemned is probably one of my favorite horror FPS games. As well as Outlast even though it doesn't have shooting necessarily.

Sdoots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl starts off like a kind of busted eastern FPSRPG. That's, well, because it is.

It's also got some of the scariest shit in any game I've ever played. Make sure you play it on Master difficulty. There's a weird thing with the difficulties where it's actually somewhat easier on the hardest, due to how bullet damage scales. You'll still have a hard time, to be clear, but enemies will be bullet sponges otherwise.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490
deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amnesia?

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I personally wouldn't list any of the Bioshocks or Wolfenstein in the same category as "survival horror"...you just have too much control over your environment. Amnesia 1 (Amnesia 2 is not good nor is there any real challenge), Outlast, Condemned 1, Condemned 2....

I personally list the Metro games and Stalker as just shooters. Far too much of those games just boils down to point and shoot w/no horror or survivor elements. Even with all the hype around Metro's bullet economy I found it super easy to get through w/no real survival aspects (unless, I suppose, you just waste tons of ammo).

Sdoots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

@sammo21 said:

I personally wouldn't list any of the Bioshocks or Wolfenstein in the same category as "survival horror"...you just have too much control over your environment. Amnesia 1 (Amnesia 2 is not good nor is there any real challenge), Outlast, Condemned 1, Condemned 2....

I personally list the Metro games and Stalker as just shooters. Far too much of those games just boils down to point and shoot w/no horror or survivor elements. Even with all the hype around Metro's bullet economy I found it super easy to get through w/no real survival aspects (unless, I suppose, you just waste tons of ammo).

S.T.A.L.K.E.R really doesn't work unless you are playing on Master, where everything dies in just a few bullets, including you. That makes it feel much more like a survival game. I had a newfound appreciation for leaning in shooters by the time I was done.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUY METRO REDUX NOW

Avatar image for deactivated-5879a8792e775
deactivated-5879a8792e775

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers