Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Nictel

Via: EU Blog

It isn't really 20 things you didn't know yet but some of these are interesting.

Interesting: Games access on al PS4's through your account, games always available on your home system (including PS Plus).

I really hope for streaming of PS3 games (that are digitally in your account) on PS4

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

This is BS... i knew everything they said..

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Lord_Xp

Even though all of this is old news, it's great to have a recap of everything we get when you own a PlayStation 4. I think the Gaikai streaming part is one of my favorite parts.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

This is the first time I noticed the new text entry system, seems like it's smoother to use based on the 1-2 seconds they showed it.

I'll still just use my Nexus 7 to type most of the time tho since it'll be a 2nd screen now tho.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Knew most of that, except that they where going to do app switching "in most situations" like XBONE, and the way they handle the DRM with one home console.

THRICE_604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Even though I knew all of them I hadn't really thought about a lot of them that much before. Like the second screen functionality is 100% smart glass. Nobody is really talking about that point. Not even Sony. I think its a total gimmick that will disappear within a year or two but its funny everyone attributing that solely to Microsoft. Maybe even Sony realizes its a little hokey. Though it will be pretty neat to be out somewhere buy a game and have it already downloaded and ready to go by the time I get home. That is probably the only reason to put it on my phone. I don't even want to use it for games. Like The Division's drone game, who honestly wants to do that? I don't get the excitement.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thrice_604: Super excited about the tablet option, could make a great option for text chatting as opposed to using the gamepad if nothing else. Some of the BF4 Commander stuff on a tablet looked cool, too.

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Syed117

That was a bit dumb. They should have focused on new features and things that don't already exist on ps4 and 360. Cross game chat? Really?

The whole signing into other people's consoles to play your games is stupid to even mention. That's exactly the way it works now for both 360 and ps3. 360 also already allows anyone to play regardless of who is signed in as long as content was purchased on that console.

Tablet and phone integration is definitely useful for messaging, we've been able to do that on 360 for a while.

That video isn't really for people on Internet forums. It's more for people who don't anything and are amazed by features that have existed for years because someone makes a video showcasing them as new.

So far the one thing no one is talking about is A2DP for stereo Bluetooth headsets. Everything else is good, but that's something that will make a huge difference in practical use. That has to be there

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syed117: I think if you tried playing your games on another ps3 console, it would take forever for you to download it and then finally play it. Which is where the ps4's download as you play feature comes in. I think that's what makes that first mentioned feature better.

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_xp: definitely looking forward to that. Just hope that their servers are up to the task because right now they are horrendously slow compared to live download speeds.

They should force every developer to build their digital downloads to work with the new play feature.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

@syed117 said:

@lord_xp: definitely looking forward to that. Just hope that their servers are up to the task because right now they are horrendously slow compared to live download speeds.

They should force every developer to build their digital downloads to work with the new play feature.

My PSN download speeds are comparable to my XBL download speeds. Wifi in the PS3 is junk, so if you have the option, hard wire your PS3 to the internet, it can make all the difference. I generally pull around 1.8-2MB/s off of PSN and XBL, which is around 80% of my current peak download speed off of my DSL connection at home.

A way to test if the issue lies with your internet or the PS3 configuration itself is to download this on your PC. It's the firmware file from Sony's network that is pulled from the same location that the PS3 pulls it from. If you're getting a better download speed on your PC than on your PS3, somewhere between your internet connection and the PS3 is your problem.

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krakn3dfx: yeah, I would never use wifi for my consoles or pc.

Maybe it makes more of a difference if you have more bandwidth. Steam gives me my max of around 7.5MB/sec on the download. Can't compare directly to live because it doesn't give me a number and I've never bothered to figure it out. This is just from starting the same download of similar file sizes on both and seeing which one finishes first. It's always XBL.

The download finishes much quicker and then you don't have to wait for an install. The way they built that should be changed as well. You shouldn't have to install files. That is the worst and I can't believe more people don't call attention to it.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By LiquidPrince

I knew quite a good amount of those things, but damnit it makes me more excited. Also, I love LOVE the fact that so many features the X1 was touting, the PS4 can just do, and it wasn't presented as some big revolutionary thing. The switching between multiple apps thing has been on Playstation platforms since the Vita.

EXECSMOUGH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syed117 said:

That was a bit dumb. They should have focused on new features and things that don't already exist on ps4 and 360. Cross game chat? Really?

The whole signing into other people's consoles to play your games is stupid to even mention. That's exactly the way it works now for both 360 and ps3. 360 also already allows anyone to play regardless of who is signed in as long as content was purchased on that console.

First of all, there is no cross game chat for PS3, for whatever reason it just couldn't do it.

Secondly, this is about playing that content on multiple consoles. Meaning, I download a game, you play it on your PS4 with my account. You can do that on PS3, but only with 2 separate consoles, because people exploited that system(so I have no idea why they're bringing it back, must be some new regulation to that.)

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syed117 said:

First of all, there is no cross game chat for PS3, for whatever reason it just couldn't do it.

Secondly, this is about playing that content on multiple consoles. Meaning, I download a game, you play it on your PS4 with my account. You can do that on PS3, but only with 2 separate consoles, because people exploited that system(so I have no idea why they're bringing it back, must be some new regulation to that.)

Why did you bump a thread that is over a week old and not post anything new? To combat that, here are three newer facts that recently were announced about the PS4:

PS4 will feature PARTY chat. Previously, only "cross-game chat" was officially announced.

Party chat will not be behind the PS Plus pay-wall, although party chat on the 360 is currently behind the Xbox Live Gold pay-wall.

The PS4 will allow for 2000 people on your friends list.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac:

@syed117 said:

Tablet and phone integration is definitely useful for messaging, we've been able to do that on 360 for a while.

That video isn't really for people on Internet forums. It's more for people who don't anything and are amazed by features that have existed for years because someone makes a video showcasing them as new.

So far the one thing no one is talking about is A2DP for stereo Bluetooth headsets. Everything else is good, but that's something that will make a huge difference in practical use. That has to be there

Sony is getting information out there about their console to people that don't know. Just because they're talking about cross game chat doesn't mean they're not focused on other features as well. The PS3 did not have cross game chat due to memory limitations, and a small, vocal minority bitched and moaned about it, so it's in Sony's best interest to let people know the PS4 will have it.

Also, I've seen you bring it up a couple of times and no one ever acknowledges you about it, so we should probably just make it official:

Nobody gives a shit about A2DP except for you.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

They only allow you to have one "Home console" tied to an account, the home console allows every account using that console to access the purchased games even if they don't own it. But if for example you use your account that has games purchased on it at a friends house only your account will be able to play those games and no other account, because it is not your "Home console".

So its not as open as it is now where i could sign into my friends ps3, save my account info and have him play all my games on his account while i keep playing on my account at my house.

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Syed117

@krakn3dfx:

I'm glad people felt the need to revive a dead thread.

There must be something else to talk about on this forum.

I can't help it if people don't know any better. Let's use an unnecessary USB dongle for headsets instead of the tech already built into the console. The tech that has existed for years and is supported by every modern cell phone on the planet. Perhaps if sony was a little more forward thinking they would not be using the same bluetooth 2.1 from 8 years ago. Instead they gimped their touted bluetooth connectivity.

The implication of audio streaming built into the already existing hardware is huge. There are countless bluetooth audio headsets on the market, plus speakers, sound bars, and receivers. Yeah, this is clearly the next generation.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The PS3 did not have cross game chat due to memory limitations, and a small, vocal minority bitched and moaned about it

It turns out only a vocal minority cried and whined about it being a vocal minority. The vast majority of gamers want cross-game party chat on their game consoles.

Seriously, though. You really shouldn't use the term "vocal minority" unless you have statistical proof that's the case. And even if it were statistically correct, it's still an appeal to the majority, which is quite literally a fallacy.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: Yesh, it's a fine feature, but at some point, it became clear it was never coming to the PS3, and that was probably no more than 3 years into the PS3's lifespan. Yet, for no other reason than to have something to hold over Sony's head vs. the 360, people kept bringing it up, even when Sony came out and said it was due to a limitation of the PS3's memory architecture and couldn't happen.

So when someone says 'awww, this is dumb', it makes me wonder what's trolling and what's actually giving a shit about what Sony is announcing. Clearly, it's something they want to make public as a PS4 feature, and clearly by highlighting it, that doesn't mean they're not working on other features for the system.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I knew most of these things. Sorry to burst your bubbles.