PS4 Controller Issues

snakeitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just got a PS4, and the controller isn't a 100%. Analog sticks are slippery, but maybe this is something i can get used to? The square button is kind of sticky, and makes a much louder clicking sound than any other of the face buttons. Just wondering if people have accessories to mend these problems.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Haven't had the problems you're mentioning. One of my controllers has flexing/creaking/groaning in the left grip.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@brendan: How long have you had your controller for? Mine did the same thing but after about 4-5 months of use, it went away.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Honkalot

DS4's generally seem to be pretty hit or miss quality wise, you probably got a bad one. Slippery analog sticks sound more like a preference issue though.

Common problems are creaky triggers and the analog stick rubber rubbing off after not a lot of use. I got 4 controllers when I purchased the console and some of them have those issues, while some are fine.

Also the battery life is short, very short if you use headphones for the audio. I don't sit near the console so pretty much require two controllers to rotate between even for single player use.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For my end the only issue has been squeaky R2 on my grey 20 anniv controller while my standard black ones were fine. :/

I do have a buddy who always hates the fresh sticks on a DS4 and he would do that N64 Mario Party destroy your palm thing for like 15 minutes on each stick. I cant imagined he used too much preassure but he liked the way they felt afterwards. Maybe try that.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I find the analogue sticks slippery too and prefer the xbox one sticks, but i think i'm in the vast minority

also for what it's worth the controller i got with my launch ps4 was totally fucked, but when i bought a new one on it's own it was super fine.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My DS4 sticks aren't slippery, they're sort of sticky instead and leave this weird feeling residue on my thumbs. Keep meaning to go buy caps to go over them.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4 controller makes my hands sweat which was rare for me in the first place. Not really impressed with the controller, and don't get why people love it so much. It's got these annoyances that just make me prefer DS3.

howardee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I definitely prefer the DS4 to the DS3 but I've run into a few problems with mine as well. Most of the rubber on both the analogue sticks has worn away after about 6 months of infrequent use (thanks, geometry wars 3) and the micro usb port loses connection if the cable connected is pushed forwards or backwards. This happens frequently during play, causing my controller to disconnect from my computer (I mainly use my DS4 on my PC). I've tried a few different cables so I know this is an issue with the controller, not the cable. I heard that the analogue stick problem is a recognised issue and Sony will replace or fix the controller if you send it to them but that seemed like a lot of effort so I just ended up switching back to the 360 controller. Now my DS4's sitting in a drawer, collecting dust. It's a shame 'cause I really like the controller, I just wish the build quality was a little better.

flippyandnod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All DS4s have slippery sticks, IMHO. That gets better as you use it.