Stereo Headset 2.0/Gold cracked.

SHAKIRALOVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SHAKIRALOVER

I had the 1.0's and they were incredible. But I've had these for 4 months and this has happened.

No, I haven't dropped/thrown/powerbomb'd them. It seems to be a flaw in the plastic, when you open them to put them on your head, it causes stress in the plastic.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By monkeyking1969
No Caption Provided

1) Are you now, or have you ever been, a Lumpy Space Princess with a lumpy big head?

2) Have you ever said, "“I was like, ‘Bleh…bleh…bleh…’ and then I was like, ‘Oh gross, go away, Brad!’ And he was like, ‘Obvi, you’re not ready for me.’”

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@shakiralover: Yeah, That sucks. I've had similar issues with other headsets. Its not much consolation but at least it looks like its broken in a place where you could tape/glue it back together fairly easily.

Quasipox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Quasipox

@shakiralover: Same thing here. I bought mine the day the came out and was super cautious with them and I wouldn't describe myself as having a head so large that I'd have to stretch it too far, but I think because it's natural position is so far inwards that you have to pull it so far to put it on, it just puts too much stress on the plastic which is pretty thin to begin with and that causes the cracks. I've seen if all over the internet myself as well. It's apparently a fairly regular thing with headsets with joints like this like Demoskinos said. I haven't tried contacting Sony yet, because a little of the ol' duct tape restored it's "structural integrity" and it stays tight on my head again. The only issue is I occasionally get interference when talking to friends, but that might just be where I'm at in my house.

No Caption Provided

I've since added more tape on the other side as more cracks started forming and I wanted to be proactive.

SHAKIRALOVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luckily, the retailer where I bought them from my friend works there, so I should be able to swap for a new pair. Even though if it was a different employee they'd say "That isn't normal wear-and-tear" Which it is.

Anyway, I use these everyday. I unplug them and use them on my PC and then back to PS4 etc. I love everything about them, but I don't know if I want to have another pair do the same thing.

brutushayesosu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By brutushayesosu
No Caption Provided

I have electrical tape on mine on both side where it folds. Right side was due to cracking and the left side came out of the folding. A small piece of plastic broke off which held the pin in. Probably will upgrade to gorilla tape and paper clips to improve the durability more. I like the headphones but the build quality is extremely cheap.