trophies - I love this

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By oraknabo

I never had a PS3, so I don't know if this is something old or new, but I got my first platinum trophy a couple of days ago and today on my lunch break I logged into the playstation store from work to start the youtube app download and was immediately greeted with this in my browser:

No Caption Provided

I was already liking the trophy system a lot because of the rarity rankings, but I'm glad I got to see this part of it as well. I really like just about everything Sony is doing so far this gen.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

That is new for PS4 and the app. I haven't actually seen that myself as I don't use the app.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Spoonman671

I have 45 platinums (including the Shadow of Mordor platinum) and have never seen that before.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Does that mean that only 2.8% of people have gotten at least one Platinum?

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Does that mean that only 2.8% of people have gotten at least one Platinum?

I'm guessing it's for Shadow of Mordor.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Spoonman671

@thunderslash: No, it means that 2.8% of people who have Shadow of Mordor on their trophy list (those that have booted up the game at least one time) have the platinum trophy for that game.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@spoonman671: @sethphotopoulos: Oh right. That does make a lot more sense with that picture of the Shadow of Mordor guy being below the text. I'd still be interested in knowing how many players have gotten a Platinum universally though.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

@thunderslash said:

@spoonman671: @sethphotopoulos: Oh right. That does make a lot more sense with that picture of the Shadow of Mordor guy being below the text. I'd still be interested in knowing how many players have gotten a Platinum universally though.

You can on Vita/PS4. It's in percentages though and probably tied to the region of the game (thus not universally). You could platinum 3/4 different versions of the same game on PS3, not sure if PS4 changed it.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@sterling: Where'd you get that info that it's new to the app and PS4? I use both a lot and have never seen that happen.

I have 40 platinums including Shadow of Mordor and have never seen that. Was that in the PS Store or PS App?

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@awesomeusername: I was just assuming. As I've been a PS3 user since day one, and a PS4 user since day one. And I've never seen that. also use the sen website and have never seen that.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This must be a new thing on PS4 since the latest firmware. I got the Infamous Second Son and Resogun platinum's but I've never seen that. They used to tell you what percentage of the player base had the trophy but never like that.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Bollard

@spoonman671: I'm pretty sure the wording of that is implying only 2.8% of people have a platinum. Note it is saying he has joined "The Platinum Elite" and it says only 2.8% of the PlayStation Nation (not Mordor players) can claim.

Plus I think 2.8% is quite high for the number of people who have bothered to Platinum anything.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Talking about the new firmware - have any of you uploaded anything to YouTube? I tried last night and it errored out three times in a row.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@humanity: No, but I put my PS4 into rest mode today and It wouldn't wake up. I had to hold the power button for 10 seconds to reboot it.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By MetalBaofu

@bollard said:

@spoonman671: I'm pretty sure the wording of that is implying only 2.8% of people have a platinum. Note it is saying he has joined "The Platinum Elite" and it says only 2.8% of the PlayStation Nation (not Mordor players) can claim.

Plus I think 2.8% is quite high for the number of people who have bothered to Platinum anything.

Nope. It's just the percentage for the Mordor platinum. Checked the trophy list on my PS4 and it's the same percentage.

This post on the playstation website shows an image with 12.7% for Wolf Among Us. It's a 4 week old post, so this thing isn't super new, and it seems like it only appears when you log into the website. Not sure what triggers it exactly, though.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@l4wd0g: I've heard of this problem and have avoided using rest mode since the update. Apart from the pure horse-power advantage man the PS4 seems like a mess. With each passing month I'm getting more and more annoyed with the little things that it does poorly, all of which are basically problems with the operating system running on it.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@metalbaofu: That's a weird way of wording it then! Thanks for the clarification.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@l4wd0g said:

@humanity: No, but I put my PS4 into rest mode today and It wouldn't wake up. I had to hold the power button for 10 seconds to reboot it.

Mine had to do a system debug or whatever last night after I got home, but I'd had that happen in Standby on the previous firmware as well.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I have 40 platinums including Shadow of Mordor and have never seen that. Was that in the PS Store or PS App?

Not the store. I went to http://www.playstation.com/en-us/, signed in and it either came up right away or when I went to https://my.playstation.com/logged-in/my-notifications/

Maybe it only comes up for your first one?

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@oraknabo: Ohhhh. PS.com. Yeah, I don't go on there. A couple years ago, it barely ever worked. Could never sign in or it would sign in and log right out so I stayed away from it. I assume it's actually functional now than?