Weird HDMI switching issue

DinkMonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

For the past few months I have been having an issue with my launch day PS4. I have a Sony Bravia TV which my PS4 and PC display on and if when I turn my PS4 on and either turn the TV on or switch from HDMI 1 which is the PC feed to HDMI 2 for the PS4 I usually get a black screen. I am finally able to see the PS4 displayed after going to input select and switching between HDMI 2 and other input a few times. The weird part is if there was no input being registered by my TV there would be no soundless black screen, instead it would be a blue screen saying no input. Anyone have any theories about this issue?

Avatar image for killer_meatballs
killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

That happened to me with my PS3. I would have to cycle the input button a few times as well.

Hasn't happened with my PS4.

wooville1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This happened with my PS3, but when there's a loading screen. It happens for my PS4, but only on one of my TVs, for some reason. Doesn't always happen though.

DinkMonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@killer_meatballs was your PS3 issue just concerning the TV? I hoping when I replace this TV the problem goes away and isn't an issue with my console's HDMI port.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By mike

Sounds like an HDMI handshake issue. Try turning off Deep Color or HDCP if you have it on, or switching to 720p or 480p and see if the problem persists.

Brentasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Brentasaurus

Try turning off Hdcp, these types of handshake issues with HDMI usually stem from that.

It's in the ps4 settings somewhere.