Well, it works.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

So today I decided to try out the Playstation Now subscription since it comes with a 7-day trial, and I was optimistic because I don't have the best internet. Well, it seems to work fine with the occasional video freak out as it is trying to keep up, say once every ten minutes or so. But as I was looking at the list of games, the ones with the subscription aren't very good for the money they are asking for. When I found out about the subscription, I thought it was all of the games they made available, which is around 250, and the ones available for subscription is actually just 104. I know this has to do with companies not agreeing with it and deals and all that, just like with any other subscription thing, but it doesn't seem to be worth it yet until the library grows, or if you haven't played most of the games on there before.

Anyone else give Playstation Now a try yet or are people waiting it to be more worth it?

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Similarly to what was said on the bombcast, I think once PS2 and PS1 games are added to that service it will be much more of a tantalizing deal. Otherwise, I still own my PS3 and therefor have no reason to try the service.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I got the free trial to play EDF 2025 but apparently the subscription only works on PS4 not PS3?

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By EthanielRain

I've enjoyed trying out games I missed or never heard of, but it costs too much for me to keep my sub for more than a month. Maybe with more games added. Be great place for stuff like Puyo Puyo Tetris :)

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

It's almost as big of a scam as vita memory cards.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By awesomeusername

I started the 7 day trial also to play Saints Row 4 (which is an ugly ass game and holy that frame rate) and El Shadai Ascension of the Metatron. I think that's the name. Anyway, I want to say it works fine for me but I don't know if I can judge it honestly because Saints Row 4 is such a bad game to be streaming. Can't tell if the game looks hideous because it's streaming or if it's legitimately hideous.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Corevi

@awesomeusername: The PS3 version of SR4 is really bad, same with the 360 version. Framerate issues, bad textures and an incredibly low LOD make it just terrible.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm surprised it works as well as it does at launch. It'll only get better.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi: Yeah, I heard that the framerate was pretty bad when it first came out but I can sort of deal with that. What surprised me was how bad it looks. I played Saints Row 3 when it became free on PS+ and I don't remember much but it couldn't have looked worse then this right? I mean this game looks like it runs on one big ass texture. Graphics don't ever bother me in games but man, this game is just realllllllly ugly. If it wasn't such a dumb game, I would give up on it but I like dumb so I won't.

To answer your question, this subscription only works on PS4 as of now.

Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Since the subscription only works on PS4 I was gonna pass on it, however I broke down and gave the free trail a shot this week On my PS4, and I gotta say I was pleasently surprised.

However, what was a better surprise is that the subscription worked on my Vita. At least, on the Vita version of Now, all the games included in the subscription are listed as "playable" instead of by price. Gave it a shot on my PS TV and it works pretty good. Played a couple games and it works good.

I may subscribe for a little bit. Kinda invest in it to help make it better. A few games on the service I will play, but of course I want more.