#1 Posted by blakdeth (15 posts) -

Having recently completed the Leon A scenario, I wonder if the differences in Claire B warrant a second play-through. I rarely go in for NG+ modes or second play-throughs as I prefer to move on to new and different experiences. What are your thoughts on this matter?

Thanks!

#2 Posted by Zirilius (652 posts) -

Yes they are two separate but congruent stories. While the main theme doesn't change what happens to each character is drastically different.

#3 Posted by falserelic (5437 posts) -

Indeed it's different.

You'll be getting chased by this tall creepy roided UP B.O.W, he also has a clean smooth coat too.

#4 Posted by budgietheii (164 posts) -

Yes yes yes yes yes!

#5 Posted by geirr (2575 posts) -

Yes, absolutely!

#6 Posted by Stealthmaster86 (656 posts) -

Yes. Play Leon A, Claire B. Then play Claire A, Leon B. That is how you REALLY best the game.

#7 Posted by TwoLines (2811 posts) -

Yep, play both. That's why there were 2 CDs of the game man! Don't play one and pass on the other half of the game, they are both awesome.

#8 Posted by ripelivejam (3986 posts) -

I remember how much this blew my mind the first time.

#9 Edited by animathias (1186 posts) -

If I remember right, there are separate Leon and Claire playthroughs that are more like a NG+ mode. I don't remember the differences of the A/B modes, but I do know that you haven't experienced the actual game until you've done at least one for each of them. The Leon scenario is only half the game.

#10 Posted by Yummylee (21682 posts) -

You've likely already decided one way or the other... but yes, you're supposed to in fact. You haven't seen the entire story until you beat at least one pairing of Scenarios A & B. Also, it's worth adding that the canon version of the story is in fact Claire A and Leon B.

#11 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1749 posts) -

For sure, dude. Leon A is really only half of the game. Claire B has different puzzles, weapons, and Mr. X. You're not simply playing through the same events. You don't see the true ending until you've finished both scenarios in either order.

#12 Posted by bigmess (86 posts) -

Dont stop playing until you've unlocked tofu!

#13 Edited by ArbitraryWater (11753 posts) -

You're kind of only seeing half the game by playing the A scenario, so yes. Some of the puzzles are the same, but there is enough new gameplay and story stuff to be worth taking a look at.

#14 Edited by blakdeth (15 posts) -

Thank you all for the advice. I decided to play Claire B, and I am happy I did. I am now almost 50% of the way through and can I say with confidence that a single play-through constitutes only half of the story.

Much appreciated.

#15 Posted by tooPrime (344 posts) -

I played Leon A. Then I read a plot summary of those other three. Leon A and Claire B seemed terrible, while Claire A and Leon B seemed amazing. I would play Claire A instead.

#16 Edited by cloudymusic (1118 posts) -

A few of Tyrant's appearances in the B scenario are still some of the best jump scares I've seen in a game. That guy always seems to show up when you least expect him to.

#17 Posted by blakdeth (15 posts) -

A few of Tyrant's appearances in the B scenario are still some of the best jump scares I've seen in a game. That guy always seems to show up when you least expect him to.

This is true. I'm about 2/3 of the way through Claire B and thus far I find it more enjoyable than Leon A. The Tyrant is a great touch, and it reminds me a lot of my personal favorite, RE3.