#1 Posted by zeekthegeek (390 posts) -

Was just watching Episode 13 of Double Fine's Backer documentary series for Broken Age and noticed pretty clearly a photo of Ryan on his desk.

Just a little something that caught my eye on a cold winter's night. I get really existential when I'm alone with my thoughts and seeing Ryan pop up kinda just makes me smile for a bit, a guy we all miss can still find little way to pop into our lives even for a moment.

#2 Edited by ahgunsillyo (448 posts) -

That's pretty awesome. I miss Ryan.

#3 Posted by TheHT (11147 posts) -

:)

#4 Posted by Fattony12000 (7302 posts) -

<>

#5 Posted by i8Donuts (96 posts) -

I think that is the button that was handed out at PAX Prime. That is awesome seeing him have one on his desk.

#6 Edited by Popogeejo (615 posts) -

You can always count on Tim to be a bro.

I hope these docs become available to the public after the game comes out. I'd pay a fair bit extra if these were part of some special edition set.

#7 Posted by Humanity (9054 posts) -

Well I wasn't that interested, but I guess now I gotta buy Broken Age.

#8 Edited by Legend (2658 posts) -

I promised myself I wouldn't cry again.. *sniff*

#9 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4969 posts) -

@humanity said:

Oh come on now, you must be joking.

#10 Posted by kagato (911 posts) -

Still brings a tear to my eye to think about the great man we lost, but its great to see everyone remembering him in their own way.

#11 Posted by mracoon (4967 posts) -

Nice catch. I watched it last night and that completely passed me by.

#12 Posted by Humanity (9054 posts) -

@humanity said:

I'm not quite sure to what you're referring to so not sure how to respond? Is it that I wasn't interested in Broken Age or that you find it incredulous that I'd want to support Tim Schafer because I feel like he's a nice guy?

#13 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4969 posts) -

@humanity said:

@alexandersheen said:

@humanity said:

I'm not quite sure to what you're referring to so not sure how to respond? Is it that I wasn't interested in Broken Age or that you find it incredulous that I'd want to support Tim Schafer because I feel like he's a nice guy?

The latter. Buying a game just because the developer is a nice guy and not for the game itself feels a little bit disingenuous to me.

#14 Posted by Zero_ (1973 posts) -

I thought you were making a joke about how Schafer kind of looks like Ryan and then saw that highlighted section.. cool :)

#15 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3801 posts) -

Awesome. A good couple days to really remember Ryan on.

#16 Posted by Humanity (9054 posts) -

@humanity said:

@alexandersheen said:

@humanity said:

The latter. Buying a game just because the developer is a nice guy and not for the game itself feels a little bit disingenuous to me.

Well I'll probably buy it on Sale if that makes it less disingenuous for you. Then again I'll probably forget and change my mind later. As much as I really like the character design in Brutal Legend and think Schafer is a nice guy, not even the $2 Steam sales can get me to buy that game because I absolutely abhor Real Time Strategy, on a console no less.

#17 Posted by A_Deep_Mushroom (88 posts) -

@zero_ said:

I thought you were making a joke about how Schafer kind of looks like Ryan and then saw that highlighted section.. cool :)

QFT