Posted by Yummylee (21547 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Voiced cast unvieled! Spoilers! Which I've spoiler'd anywhoo so... come on in! We have hot cocoa! (119 votes)

Troy Baker 21%
Robin Atkin Downes 28%
Kenn Michael 2%
Laura Bailey 21%
Diane Michelle 3%
Sumalee Montano 1%
Nolan North 25%

So, first we gots the Boss/President voice selection:

Sad to see the Russian and Hispanic female voices go, though. 'specially since the Hispanic voice was one of but two--the other being Kenn Michael--who was brought over from SR2.

But still, getting a saucy French female, the return of a sassy African American female, and of course Mr North himself, is a price I'm willing to pay.

And because none of that matters anywhoo because Robin Atkin Downes op bitches nya nya.

Here's a complimentary image of the man himself eye-fucking you into eternal bliss.

I made a poll alongside here, too. While we already have a thread asking between Troy Baker and Nolan North, I think it's much fairer that we have one that encompasses all of the options at hand.

Anywhoo besides that we also had a lot of the supporting cast getting revealed as well, which I'll spoiler considering there's a fair few surprise cameos in here that I already regret in having found out. Though I at least left open some of the characters we're already privy to via trailers and so forth:

Keith David -- Keith David
Danielle Nicolet -- Shaundi
Jennifer Jules Hart -- Shaundi #2
Natalie Lander -- Kinzie Kensington
Terry Crews -- Benjamin King
Daniel Dae Kim --Johnny Gat
Rebecca Riedy -- Asha Odekar
JB Blanc -- Zinyak/Phillipe Loren
Michael Dorn -- Maero
Neil Patrick Harris -- DJ Veteran Child
Yuri Lowenthal -- Matt Miller
Arif Kinchen -- Pierce Washington
Tim Thomerson -- Cyrus Temple
Mike Carlucci -- Zach
Rob Van Dam -- Bobby
Andrew Bowen -- Josh Birk/NyteBlayde
Michael Yurchak -- CID
TC Carson -- Big Tony
Ursula Taherian -- Tanya
Ogie Banks -- Warren Williams

Fuckin' Terry Crews as the King!! Really unfortunate that Michael Clarke Duncan of course couldn't reprise the role, but this is one mighty appealing replacement. Bit disappointing that they couldn't bring back Eliza Dushku for SR2 Shaundi, either. But giving the character a separate voice actress all the same to help emphasise how incredibly different they are is appreciative enough.

Oh, and here's ya damn cocoa.

#1 Posted by DeeGee (2121 posts) -

They didn't get the SR2 Shaundi voice back? Aww, that sucks. Although I'm super excited that they're bringing back some of these people from the old games.

Maero will always be the best villain/story of the Saints Row series.

#2 Edited by jimmyfenix (3853 posts) -

@deegee said:

They didn't get the SR2 Shaundi voice back? Aww, that sucks. Although I'm super excited that they're bringing back some of these people from the old games.

You sir speak the truth.

#3 Posted by Animasta (14675 posts) -

Laura Bailey all the time and every day.

#4 Posted by Yummylee (21547 posts) -

@deegee said:

You sir speak the truth.

Indeed.

Also, while it's not much, here's a bit of the black female voice in action!

#5 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7077 posts) -

I plan on making my second playthrough a woman who looks as much like Hillary Clinton as possible and then use the Nolan North voice. Can't wait for this stupid, stupid game.

#6 Posted by wemibelec90 (1631 posts) -

Kinda bummed that the main female voice isn't the same as last time. She was absolutely fantastic on all her deliveries. I don't hate Laura Bailey, but I do feel like I hear a lot of her already.

#7 Posted by Demoskinos (14778 posts) -

There are options? All Ive ever known is Laura Bailey.

#8 Posted by Animasta (14675 posts) -

Kinda bummed that the main female voice isn't the same as last time. She was absolutely fantastic on all her deliveries. I don't hate Laura Bailey, but I do feel like I hear a lot of her already.

Yeah but her brash in your face voice is so good.

see: Kaine from Nier

#9 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11641 posts) -

Cockney all the way, though the idea of Nolan North is... tempting.

#10 Posted by Veektarius (4775 posts) -

I played Russian lady last time around. That makes this complicated.

#11 Posted by RecSpec (3805 posts) -

The whole f'n show? Seriously?

#12 Posted by punkxblaze (2973 posts) -

I read the topic title as "We have hot cocaine", and seeing as it's Saints Row, I was ready to accept that fact.

#13 Edited by falserelic (5413 posts) -

That cocoa looks like it was made with so much love.

#14 Posted by wemibelec90 (1631 posts) -

@animasta said:

@wemibelec90 said:

Yeah but her brash in your face voice is so good.

see: Kaine from Nier

I know she can be good; it all depends on what voice she choose to use for this character.

#15 Edited by Demoskinos (14778 posts) -

@animasta: I was reminded that she was in that this weekend while watching the Nier speedrun at SGDQ and really makes me want to find time to proper finish up Nier. I quit last time after the uh...first half of the game I guess you'd call it.

Which BTW that speed run might interest you dude beat it in just over 3 hours.

#16 Edited by Rick_Fingers (524 posts) -

Pommy first, then a female Nolan North

#17 Posted by Wiseblood (641 posts) -

According to IdolNinja, Sumalee Montano's voice is a southern accent. The African American female voice you hear in that video is likely the male voice pitched up. Saints Row 4 lets you adjust the pitch of the voice you pick.

#18 Posted by Missacre (566 posts) -

Oh this is probably the only game I'm looking forward to this year. I hope it lives up to expectations!

#19 Posted by probablytuna (3623 posts) -

Sticking to Laura Bailey for my main Saints character. I will play Nolan North at some point though. Looking forward to that.

#20 Posted by probablytuna (3623 posts) -

Sticking to Laura Bailey for my main Saints character. I will play Nolan North at some point though. Looking forward to that.

#21 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Anyone who isn't playing as a Cockney British guy is doing it wrong.

Also, GET HYPE.

#23 Posted by smcn (926 posts) -

What? Laura Bailey is Female Voice 1 in SR3.

#24 Posted by ZolRoyce (673 posts) -

@animasta said:

Laura Bailey all the time and every day.

Laura Bailey from the 24 to the 7 to the 365.

The Nolan North voice is an intriguing option, but I can't not choose Laura.

#25 Posted by N7 (3587 posts) -

I like Nolan North. I like Troy Baker. We both win.

#26 Edited by probablytuna (3623 posts) -

#27 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1204 posts) -

Booker Dewitt

#28 Posted by Capum15 (4883 posts) -

Laura Bailey is the only lady boss voice I'll use. Though I will go with Troy and Nolan later.

#29 Edited by Vextroid (1391 posts) -

As long as the Male British voice is still an option it's ok.

#30 Posted by Deinos (89 posts) -

Also, GET HYPE.

This!

#31 Posted by The_Ruiner (1043 posts) -

FUCKING DAMMIT!!! ....I love hispanic female voice....that was my voice...

#32 Posted by mrcraggle (1912 posts) -

@deinos said:

@joshthebear said:

Also, GET HYPE.

This!

Have to agree. Used the cockney accent since SR2 combined with the Joker. I made the Joker first but none of the other voices fit as well as his lines are also the most psychotic.

#33 Posted by Yummylee (21547 posts) -

According to IdolNinja, Sumalee Montano's voice is a southern accent. The African American female voice you hear in that video is likely the male voice pitched up. Saints Row 4 lets you adjust the pitch of the voice you pick.

Huh, neat. And after watching that video again the voice does sound a little... off, so I could believe that it's Ken Michael being pitched up. Knowing SR it'll no doubt let you take it to the extremes too, allowing you to sound like the chipmunks on one end, and Barry White on the other :P

#34 Edited by jakob187 (21665 posts) -

Is this for real?

I have to pick between Troy Baker and Nolan North for the Boss? THIS IS ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT!

I mean, I'm used to Baker from SR3 as the ONLY voice of the Boss. However, it's Nolan goddamn North! I get the feeling like Volition is trying to make us choose on who is the voice of video games for the next generation of games.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck...

#35 Posted by OneManX (1687 posts) -

Since they got rid of the latina chick... I will go with french chick.

I figure everyone else in their mothers will pick Troy Baker or Nolan North, so I will see plenty of clips of those voices.

#36 Posted by Quarters (1684 posts) -

Can't wait to see how some of that plays out.

Also, Kenn Michael is the OG, all day every day. There is no other Boss.

#37 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

The cockney one! Again!

#38 Posted by Ghostiet (5251 posts) -

@wemibelec90 said:

Laura Bailey was the female voice in Saints Row The Third.

#39 Posted by kagato (913 posts) -

@deinos said:

@joshthebear said:

Also, GET HYPE.

This!

Damn right, ive been British cockney guy since it became an option in SR2

#40 Posted by ajamafalous (11964 posts) -

@recspec said:

The whole f'n show? Seriously?

I realize I'm replying to a two week old post, but RVD was in SRTT as well.

(He was one of the announcers for that game show side mission)

#41 Edited by MyNiceIceLife (619 posts) -

Always Laura Bailey. Tried the voice modulation in the Inauguration Station and immediately changed it back to normal.

#42 Posted by Jedted (2346 posts) -

I voted for Nolan North. Wish they had the russian lady from SR3 back.

#43 Edited by _Chad (962 posts) -

I went with the Laura Bailey voice in Three so I'll probably do it again in Four.

#44 Edited by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

Picking female voices is still weird.