Anyone playing Skyforge, and is there a GB Pantheon?

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Hey All,

While my MMO of choice right now is still FFXIV, some stuff started popping up around this that got me interested. It somewhat reminds me of Phantasy Star Online (instanced worlds) mixed with guild wars 2 (Some larger instanced zones). Seems decent.

Anyone else playing this at all? Is there a GB Pantheon out there somewhere? (also, how did I just find out that the english PSO2 for southeast asia is no longer IP locked?)

Voxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I put a decent amount of time into the closed Beta and had a pretty okay time. Very grindy though, but everything they've announced in terms of endgame content will probably get me back as soon as soon as my 980ti gets in next week.

So PSO2 Thai or maybe Vietnamese version is unlocked. Whether you find anyone else that speaks english is another. Still holding onto hope that Sega does me a solid and just do a F2P version for the USA.

SirFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone have some impressions of this game? How's the F2P model mainly and is it any fun?

DoomInnaBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been playing a good bit of this game so far and havin' a good time. Game pacing is a bit odd. Starts slow and the difficulty tends to spike. As said earlier the game is mad grindy though since all of the progression is in stat nodes + the follower system.

In regards to the business model I don't see much incentive to buy into the premium status they have. All the cash shop currency does is speed you along a bit, but you're still subject to the caps on the progression currencies like everyone else. So if you're diving deep anyway you're paying to just hit that cap faster.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfork: It's very similar to PSO, in that while there is a story (seems to be Obsidian's work on the game), the majority of the game is focused around the gameplay.

So far, the only F2P elements I"m seeing is that there are weekly caps on credits, sparks (upgrade items), etc. It doesn't seem like you can actually release the cap, even with money. You can buy a secondary currency, which will allow you to buy things in the markets, but they seem to be predominantly cosmetic.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By TheHT

I played it in the beta and wasn't the into it, but once it was released I dunno what happened but I've been having a blast. Maybe it's just wanting a game where you just use matchmaking to get into some co-op for a bit and then bounce.

PSO comparisons are definitely apt. I reinstalled PSO2 a few months ago and the new samurai-esque class was cool, but that combat kinda didn't do it for me. Combat here feels fast, and a few of the classes have some neat mechanics, but I've been levelling up the three starter classes and just reached a point where it's starting to feel grindy. Could just be that I'm currently going through one of the open-world zones, which generally feel pretty grindy to me in MMOs.

The outfit stuff is similar to The Secret World. You can basically wear whatever clothing/armor you want, with only weapons and accessories having stats. So you can run around as a heavily armored crow-summoning wizard with shades and a beret, or just wear a suit with your massive transforming cannon. It's fun and silly.

Story is whatever. You're a newly discovered immortal on their path to becoming a god on a sci-fi/fantasy planet. Right now in the area I'm in, I'm answering some people's prayers by hunting down a rogue god that's giving them grief. It's nothing special, but there's been the occasional "oh that's neat" moment here and there.

I dunno anything about the endgame, and haven't played any PvP.

Voxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A note about classes. They are unlocked through the skill tree system and you are meant to have only one character. Some classes take about a week to unlock, while some will take around a month. There are other avenues of progression other than unlocked skills/stat boosts/classes in the form of unlocking your 'God Form'.

So far the only way to have unlock characters by paying money was securing one of the founders pack (no longer available) or buying the collectors edition out right now, which unlocks the Alchemist and Knight. Both of them don't carry any advantage over the starter ones though.

Nime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've only played a little so far but it seemed pretty good. Might get more into it when I get a chance.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can try out all the classes in a training area before you go down the path of unlocking them, which sounds like it'll take some time. o_o

I'm aiming for Sorcerer (curse enemies with crows and then blow up the crows), Slayer (a ninja), and Kinetic (basically force powers via massive gauntlets) myself. It's also worth pointing out that the combat isn't true action combat. It's very action-y, but still an action RPG. Kinda like Dragon Age Inquisition, but nowhere near as weighty/sluggish. Also there are mounts. I've seen a big gravcycle, a more sleek hoverbike-type thing, and a few large creatures.

Having one character is a bit of a drab, even though it doesn't really matter since you can essentially do everything with one character, and there's a lady who can change your appearance (anything from hair-style to gender). I dunno how her pricing looks, but the first time you change your appearance is free. Still, I like creating different characters/avatars in MMOs.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I was looking forward to this game. Played a big chunk in a couple of the closed betas and lost total interest. Its super generic all around and kinda boring. I do think Skyforge would be great fun for anyone that has not played many other f2p mmo's however.

Wally_P_Doyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ive been playing and having a good time with it. I hit my cap for sparks in like 2 days and proceeded to hit credit, class spark, and spark of mastery cap over the weekend. Was home sick with an injured neck so not much else to do except pick up a game and play it non stop for 4 days. sitting at about 4260 prestige and starting to hit some of the more "difficult" content.

Going to keep playing and see where it goes.

But is that a resounding no on the GB Pantheon?

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wally_p_doyle: Sadly, seems like a big no on a VinCo branch in Skyforge, or any other GB Pantheon. If you find a good one to join, post here. (I'll do the same.)

Wally_P_Doyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

anyone still playing? anyone find a good pantheon? the one i joined isn't really working for me

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

My buddy downloaded it last night, and I've been watching him play it. Looks good. I like grind games (Marvel Heroes and Warframe are the main two games that I play nowadays), so that sounds right up my alley. Theeeeeeeen the PSO comparisons started showing up, and I started drooling.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wally_p_doyle: Still playing, never found a pantheon. Playing with randomites is actually ok.

MonkeyGovernor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MonkeyGovernor

Just heard about the game myself and some buzz around it lately. How's the loot in this game? Armor upgrades visual like Diablo or is it like Marvel Heroes where your costume determines your look? Weapons change? Lots of different things for crafting?

Sounds like the story is barebones, is this mainly about the combat like Warframe with little story? Or does it pick up at any point?

Is there an active GB community anywhere to join a guild or somethin?