Is shooting Nazis in the nuts worth 10 bucks?

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 26

#1  Edited By isomeri

I just noticed that this game is currently on sale for $10 as a part of this weeks Xbox Live sale. I wasn't able to find many impressions in the forums, so I'm just wondering if there's much more to this game outside of shooting Nazis in funny places?

I know that prices are relative to income etc. so let's just say that this would be cheaper than buying a drink at my local bar.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I've been asking myself this question as well. Xbox is doing a hell of a sale right now on a bunch of games. I keep waiting for them to put Wolfenstein: The New Order on sale, but it isn't happening, probably because there are a bunch of people still paying full price for it after it made so many GOTY lists. Then again, SoM is currently on sale, so maybe that theory is crap. Anyway, I'm wondering the same about Sniper Elite III in the meantime. I get the sense that it would be dumb fun for about ten minutes, and then I'd never play it again, but ten bucks is basically nothing, so there's that. Someone let me know if there's more to it than meets the eye and if it kept their attention for a while to help me decide if should pull the trigger. (Sorry, I can't help myself.)

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I've found Sniper V2 to be fun for a while but the novelty wears off really quickly. For $10 you could do worse and if you can rope-a-dope a buddy into getting it then co-op will probably offer a lot more fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yes.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love V2. Great game. SE3... a bit less so, but it's still a ton of fun, and there's definitely more to it than ball-busting. (although honestly, everything besides sniping has always been a bit janky in that series)

If nothing else, it's a superb podcast game, because the story might as well not exist.

Loafsmooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I found the multiplayer pretty fun at release. At this point though, people who still play are probably gonna be pretty good.

Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Nardak

Is this a trick question? Shooting Nazis in the nuts is always worth it.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By GaspoweR

$10 is actually a solid price for this game so I'd say its worth it. Not gonna say its going to blow your mind or anything but it might be worth your while considering you're not paying full price.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Thanks for the input duders. I ended up buying the game.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By Humanity

@isomeri: TRICKED! It's totally not worth it! Good job we got him guys.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#12 kaos_cracker  Online

I paid more than 10 bucks and really enjoyed my time with it.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also decided to buy it. One of my best friends is really into V2, so it'll be worth ten bucks just to see how happy it makes him. Plus, I want to support when MS puts digital games on sale so they continue doing that. Guess I'll be making fools say auf wiedersehen to their nazi balls tonight as well.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By hatking

@notnert427: By the way, Wolfenstein was totally on sale during their holiday sales. I got it for around $30, I think. I'm not just saying this to make you feel bad you missed it, but letting you know that it totally was, and probably will be again, on sale.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatking said:

@notnert427: By the way, Wolfenstein was totally on sale during their holiday sales. I got it for around $30, I think. I'm not just saying this to make you feel bad you missed it, but letting you know that it totally was, and probably will be again, on sale.

Well, shit. I thought I kept pretty good track of those, but apparently not. Thanks for the heads-up; I'll keep my out for any future discount on it. It's still $59.99, and I just don't feel like paying full retail price for a game that's almost a year old as a matter of principle.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad
deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

By the way, Lords of the Fallen will also be on sale for $9 if anyone is interested.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatking said:

Well, shit. I thought I kept pretty good track of those, but apparently not. Thanks for the heads-up; I'll keep my out for any future discount on it. It's still $59.99, and I just don't feel like paying full retail price for a game that's almost a year old as a matter of principle.

That's exactly how I felt. For what it's worth, it's a solid game and definitely jump on a deal if you see one.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatking said:

@notnert427: Not sure if you own a PS4, but if you do, it looks like Wolfenstein is on sale over these this week.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/big-new-psn-sale-kicks-off-on-dragon-age-call-of-d/1100-6425361/

I don't have a PS4 and probably won't until Gran Turismo 7, so I'll be waiting on MS to put it on sale again, but thanks anyway. As an aside, it's great to see MS and Sony doing sales on digital games. For a while there, it seemed like if you wanted to go digital, you were going to consistently have to pay more than retailers were charging. I'm glad that's not the case.

As for Sniper Elite III, I've played a good bit of it now, and it's absolutely worth ten bucks. The x-ray bullet cam continues to be entertaining well past the point I thought it would, the gameplay is solid, and it has a bit more depth than I anticipated. It's a good time, and I'd recommend anyone with an Xbox One jump on this deal.