thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By thatpinguino  Staff

Hey Duders,

Here is the latest Deep Look! Deep Looks are largely gameplay and commentary like a Giantbomb quicklook; however, I try to cover games that have been out for a while and I intend to use the videos to highlight moments and mechanics that I found particularly worthy of highlighting and exploring. Also I aim to keep the videos under 20 minutes.

In this Deep Look I show off the wacky world of Stick it to The Man and explain how this mind reading comedy separates itself from other mind reading comedies (see Psychonauts). I explain how this game blends adventure game puzzle solving with a whole bunch of crazy and or depressed people to form a unique gameplay experience. I also showcase some of the most unique characters you'll see in just about any game. Come for the 2D papercraft world and stay for the legless ghosts and magician widowers.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 thatpinguino  Staff

Just so you know, if you got Stick it to the Man on PS Plus you should really play it. It is quite good. I would say the mobile versions are the way to go since it is a fun game to play in bursts. Each level is self-contained and easily finished in 30-40 minutes.

jeffrud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I need to watch this when I get home. Do you think this would be a worthwhile Wii U purchase?

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 thatpinguino  Staff

@jeffrud: If you are cool with it being 3-5 hours then it is totally worth it. The humor and style in Stick it to the Man are great. If you like Double Fine's style then double what I said before. It is a really unique game with funny and memorable situations and characters, even if the main story isn't the main draw. I recommend mind reading everyone and everything.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#4 sgtsphynx  Moderator

I played Stick It to the Man earlier this year, I really enjoyed it.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By csl316

I bought this shortly after they played it on a live show. Made me chuckle in that short bit and it had a ton of charm.

But I still haven't played it!

Phr4nk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I really enjoyed the game, bought it on sale a few weeks back purely for the art style I saw in the screenshots. Hadn't even heard of it before then. I say give it a look, it's worth it.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thatpinguino  Staff

@csl316: What are you doin! Play Stick it to the Man! Its a quick and fun experience.

I hope they make a sequel or a spinoff of this game. Just mind reading some more of the characters in this game world really be fun.

kewlsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

One of the first things you do in this game is convince a cab driver not to kill himself so that he can give you a ride. I think that tells you everything you need to know about this game and if you'll like it or not.
They recently posted this on twitter so stay tuned for their next game. I hope it'll be crazy aswell.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thatpinguino  Staff

@kewlsnake: That first cab driver moment was great. Honestly there are so many memorable relationship issues that you are able to see and interact with that I wish the game was longer to just see how those relationships progressed further. Also it is worth mentioning that you eventually help a zombie find true love and that's great.