GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GTxForza

Hello

This open-world driving game turned 10 years old since February 8th, 2021.

I would like to see you guys share your memories on this game.

nateandrews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Sure, it was fun, i preferred the physics model in the first game but i did play a fair bit of it, most of my memories are of forming on the fly drift competitions around the race track in the first game, but buying new houses and discovering car dealerships to expand your collection was a good time.

There's a new one on the way called Solar Crown, it's being made by the developers of the WRC games, i just started playing WRC 8 as it went on sale on Steam a few weeks ago and it's brilliant, easily the best rally game i've played since Dirt 3, so while i'm cautious to see if they're capable of making an mmo style driving game on a massive island, at least the driving should be good, fingers crossed.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Seikenfreak

They had a teaser for a third one a couple years ago I think. Haven't heard of it since.

Not sure I really played the second one but I did play a bunch of the first. Definitely had issues but there also wasn't anything else like it so I still played it. It's a great idea that they've failed to capitalize on. The house stuff is cool except that, in the end, they didn't really do or mean anything. And everything was the gaudy, glamorous lifestyle of the rich and famous.. And not like, let me buy this nice little house in the country but have this big awesome shop/garage in the backyard.

The best and most unique memory of that game was the big race around the entire island. Being on the edge of your seat, driving as fast as you can through traffic (with not great physics/bad handling), and trying not to make any mistakes for like 40 mins straight? I can't even remember how long the race actually took but it was wild.

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By tds418

Hell yeah! I loved the first TDU when it came out so I remember eagerly waiting for the sequel. The physics were certainly...unusual, but I found them bearable and even enjoyable after getting used to them (I think it might have been patched at some point too).

Honestly, the first game since TDU 2 to really scratch the same itch for me was Forza Horizon 4, though I'll admit I didn't play the earlier Horizon games. I would still love a proper TDU3. I know TDU: Solar Crown has been announced, but it seems like it's from an unknown developer that picked up the IP during a fire sale, so we'll see how it goes.

edit: Reading the above comments, it looks like the team working on TDU: Solar Crown is not unknown after all and does have some racing experience. So fingers crossed for that being good!

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cikame said:

Sure, it was fun, i preferred the physics model in the first game but i did play a fair bit of it, most of my memories are of forming on the fly drift competitions around the race track in the first game, but buying new houses and discovering car dealerships to expand your collection was a good time.

There's a new one on the way called Solar Crown, it's being made by the developers of the WRC games, i just started playing WRC 8 as it went on sale on Steam a few weeks ago and it's brilliant, easily the best rally game i've played since Dirt 3, so while i'm cautious to see if they're capable of making an mmo style driving game on a massive island, at least the driving should be good, fingers crossed.

I hope it will be better than The Crew series.

In-case if you didn't know that Ivory Tower (The Crew's developer) was founded by 3 former employees from Eden Games (TDU 1 & 2 Developer).

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By FacelessVixen

Re-watched the Quick Look. I forgot about the ketamine and homoeroticism. Not complaining.

...So anyway, how does someone get this on PC these days?

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Re-watched the Quick Look. I forgot about the ketamine and homoeroticism.

...So anyway, how does someone get this on PC these days?

This game has been delisted on Steam a long time ago, due to cars and soundtrack licensing expiration.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@facelessvixen: You can still buy keys from sites like G2A but they're going for $20+.
There are also a few issues you need to navigate to play it, there are fan patches and workarounds, just know that going in.

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember that it was just okay?

I liked the fact that you could also select the interior color of your car. I wish Forza would add that. Although, I am probably one of a only a handful of people who uses nothing but the in-car view in racing/driving games.

Avatar image for theunseenshadow
theunseenshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite memory of this game was that there were dedicated controller buttons to roll down each window of your car.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite memory of this game was that there were dedicated controller buttons to roll down each window of your car.

I love this feature!

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@cikame: Well, buying a $20 Steam key on Amazon for a game that's been delisted on Steam seems as sketchy as buying, well, anything on G2A. But a random YouTuber seems to be able to verify that Amazon's keys are legit, since Amazon reviewer's helpfulness ranges from kinda helpful to not-at-fucking-all helpful. So if the main fix is to stop it from trying to connect to a dead server, then I guess I have more than just NFS: Heat to play as Magic Mike in a car game.