Twitch muted my stream?

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

This isn't any kind of a shameless advertisement, just a question.

I've been playing a decent amount of BoI: Rebirth since it came out, and decided to stream a run I did on the 9th of November. [today being the 13th.] I decided to get on twitch and check out my past broadcast, but when I looked at the video here it gave me the message that portions of the stream had been muted, due to 3rd party audio. Now, my mic wasn't plugged in, there's no external audio, it's quite literally just the game.. and it's been censored?

Anyone else had an issue with this, or any other game in general, since they implemented their new [garbage] audio detection software? Would exporting to youtube fix this?

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SomeJerk

Don't worry about it, it happens with their garbage third party audio detection, even on games with music meant to be 100% free to use and copy and broadcast. Even happens with a friend who speedruns Zelda 2 on the NES, the raw NES music gets detected!

You may however want to look into the forum/website/twitter of the BoI:R developers to see if they've brought up music getting hit with the scans on Twitch, sometimes developers bring up that it's in error and should not happen. Often it's that the database of music took in songs without being allowed to.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It seems quite common for game soundtracks to get distributed by music publishers, who then register the music with detection programs like this. Seems like the way of the future, unless you've got your own hosting platform like GB.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

They muted Beethoven and Axhom on mine. One is creative commons, and the other is a YouTube artist that literally offers free music to stream with (as long as you credit him).

Fuck Twitch and their ridiculous bullshit. That's why we just stream whatever music we want at this point: they'll mute anything.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Sad that this is still an issue, twitch get yo shit together

VannaDwight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ottoman673: This is the reason why I started recording locally when I stream on Twitch, then I when I upload to YouTube I know I am getting the version I want on there.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

This shit is so ridiculous. What's the point of streaming anything if it's going to be muted regardless? I hope this stuff gets dealt with more intelligently in the future.

chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Didnt this happen with the original Binding of Isaac alot as well?

#followthemoney #chemtrails

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Hitbox 4 lyf

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Fuck Twitch. Delete your account and start streaming elsewhere.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4