The Executioner is pretty alright as DLC

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The newest The Evil Within DLC makes no qualms about what it is. It's catharsis. You play as the Keeper, and you swing your hammer, and you kill guys. Only about 45 minutes into it, and this has already happened.

Apparently you can take the man out of Capcom, but you can't take the Capcom out of the man.

No Caption Provided

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Heh, real anxious to try this out when it's put up on the european store. The trophy list has me surprised to see there's a little more to this than I was expecting. How does it control given the first-person view?

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@yummylee: Controls well, but there are a view minor niggles so far. You can 'execute' enemies when they're dazed, and doing goes into a fancy third person animation. Main issue is with this is that it's very difficult to tell where you will or which way you will be oriented at the end of the animation, which makes it feel cheap when you absorb hits as a result of this.

Don't go into this expecting a super challenge either. The game literally gives you an arena in which you can grind out tokens to upgrade yourself.

Seems as though there'll be plenty of weapons. After defeating the Sadist, I unlocked the ability to purchase the Chainsaw. There are at least still 3 empty slots for different weapons.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

Man, this might be the best Evil Within content out there. Had a ton of fun, and I think the game looks nicer in first person.