Does Witcher 3: Heart of Stone have any impact on the ending of the game?

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Hayt

Hello everyone!

I just finished Witcher 3 (what a ride) and although I'm not going to dive right into the expansions I figure I should ask this while it's still freshish in peoples minds. I know there are 3 options to begin this DLC: start a new game and encounter it in the course of play, Load a save around level 30 and do it or play a pregen character.

My question is, if I load my postgame (not NG+, just "plop you back in the world after credits") Geralt and do the expansion then will I miss out on any impact/character outcome slides if I were to finish HoS before the final moments of the game ? I have a save at level 32 right before the big battle on the longships with the Wild Hunt that leads to the end of the game so I could load that instead but wouldn't be able to use my Master Wolf gear.

Obvious I don't want to find out how Heart of Stone pans out so just a yes or no will do. Also if I've got any of the options for starting the expac incorrect do let me know!

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Nothing that happens in HoS has anything to do with the main plot, so I highly doubt it. It's pretty clearly meant to be played post final battle.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3  Edited By Giantstalker
@zeik said:

Nothing that happens in HoS has anything to do with the main plot, so I highly doubt it. It's pretty clearly meant to be played post final battle.

Interestingly, one of the potential rewards is

to ask Gaunter O'Dimm about the whereabouts of Ciri if Geralt doesn't already know/hasn't met her yet. You get a cryptic answer that actually contains hints about how to get the good ending of the main story

This isn't really much of a reward on it's own but it's kinda neat to hear it said & it shows that the developers at least planned for when players finish Hearts of Stone before the main quest.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Nope!

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

@dudeglove: That's a great question, I personally don't know. But some quick googlin shows that the dialogue does in fact change if you talk to that character before the showdown

I might try this in NG+ but then again, it might be better to just wait until Blood and Wine comes out in the new year

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks guys, sounds like the general advice is to do it postgame. Cheers

Discoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@dudeglove:

Yeah, Geralt can tell Vesemir, but Vesemir refuses to follow through until the Wild Hunt is dealt with.